Weekend Plans

Bring on the mid-life crisis ....

In theory mine isn't till Jan 2025 but in reality it started over 20 years ago. There is nothing I would recommend about middle age, kids. Don't even go there. Linkedin recruiters aren't interested in washed up f*ckers like me anymore. Meanwhile, in London this weekend for an in/out visit. Autumnal Balearic vibes in NW5.

Great weekend planned here.

Pizza and Arsenal with the eldest this evening, then SITC.

Saturday morning take kids to be folks and head off for a big Veterans Cup clash against some local rivals. I've been playing against 20 somethings all season, so looking forward to it.

Straight out after footy for a Xmas curry with my oldest friends.

Sunday - eldest's best mate at school is a West Ham fan so we are off their home game vs Palace with him and his Dad. 😎

Excuse my absence. I’ve been side tracked by an MRI scan for an ongoing problem with my hips. Thought it was arthritis. Turns out it’s not ( which is good ) but is actually something called Transient Osteoporosis of the Hips . It means my thigh bone is in a bad way and needs no weight on it. So I’ve got crutches. It’ll sort itself out but might take 6 to 12 months. Meaning I won’t be doing much of anything apart from swimming a few times a week.
All I’m doing this weekend is our radio show on Sunday which will be raising money for a good cause. https://www.awamutogether.co.uk/biggive
Plenty of booze infront of the wood burner, too.

A relatively quiet one for me, will probably book my Ibiza holiday later 😁 Tomorrow is dog walking, then I’m going to attempt making some mince pies. Off to a friends 40th tomorrow night but I’m driving so it’s best behaviour all round!

Sunday morning is the usual run, visit parents and dog walk. Why do weekends go so quickly :(

Fri - light switch on in our village last night. Makes me smile as it's probably the most underwhelming set of lights imaginable but they have a brass band, marquee with a few stalls and santa comes on a trailer which the kids love. The village pubs are heaving in a good way, lots of my son's school mates/parents and our 'real' friends about.

Sat - football training cancelled for the lad. Christmas Wonderland at the Burnley college, it's massive and has many free workshops which is amazing for a relatively deprived community.
Dad n lad day on the football, we are breaking losing records every week - desperately need a win. Girls 30th from work tonight, friends have a House night in a club 20 minutes away but it's a young crowd so I might swerve it.

Sun - kids party at 10am 😅 Possibly Blackpool Sealife centre

As dog walks go, this one was pretty decent - if not cold! I do love days like this where it’s cold and sunny though.

GAWV0kyXUAAvdGG

Went to Pete tong Ibiza classics last night at O2 in London, uk. havent been to bed yet…went to the boozer this morning to take the edge off and still buzzing…Anyway, I was ok until last I remember kings of tomorrow came on and then I was home at 7am (O2 finished at 11pm so I’ve got a black until 7 🤪…arggg…) with shopping (bread, bacon, eggs, lube, star mix from haribo, and crumpets). Just having a glass of red to dissect the whole situation. I think someone might have slipped something in my pint ans I was not partaking - what a bonus!!! Enjoyed it.

Went to Pete tong Ibiza classics last night at O2 in London, uk. havent been to bed yet…went to the boozer this morning to take the edge off and still buzzing…Anyway, I was ok until last I remember kings of tomorrow came on and then I was home at 7am (O2 finished at 11pm so I’ve got a black until 7 🤪…arggg…) with shopping (bread, bacon, eggs, lube, star mix from haribo, and crumpets). Just having a glass of red to dissect the whole situation. I think someone might have slipped something in my pint ans I was not partaking - what a bonus!!! Enjoyed it.

glad you had a good time 😉

Excuse my absence. I’ve been side tracked by an MRI scan for an ongoing problem with my hips. Thought it was arthritis. Turns out it’s not ( which is good ) but is actually something called Transient Osteoporosis of the Hips . It means my thigh bone is in a bad way and needs no weight on it. So I’ve got crutches. It’ll sort itself out but might take 6 to 12 months. Meaning I won’t be doing much of anything apart from swimming a few times a week.
All I’m doing this weekend is our radio show on Sunday which will be raising money for a good cause. https://www.awamutogether.co.uk/biggive
Plenty of booze infront of the wood burner, too.
Damn dude, that sounds painful AF. What's the prognosis for treatment, surgery?

Look on the bright side, now you can get a handicapable placard for your car :)

Damn dude, that sounds painful AF. What's the prognosis for treatment, surgery?

Look on the bright side, now you can get a handicapable placard for your car :)
Keeping my fingers crossed to park anywhere. There’s no treatment for it. It will regenerate and get back to normal but it takes time. The less weight on the leg the quicker it will heal. Taking vitamin D and calcium tablets. Plus turmeric and I’m going swimming. Very inconvenient.

Possibly Blackpool Sealife centre
ive been there when I was about 8 years old..really good it was, my dad was working as an engineer at the time at BT and was on some sort of course and we all came down…illuminations we’re on. Loved it! I remember the journey back in the train was horrendous (stuck at Glasgow station at one point). My mother was amazing now that I look back. Probably why I don’t like and don’t want kids

Sunday - eldest's best mate at school is a West Ham fan so we are off their home game vs Palace with him and his Dad. 😎

For anyone who might go, make sure you know your way back to the right station. Absolute shambles getting out - got given wrong info by every steward we asked and ended up stuck in an hour's queue for the wrong one.

What a shopping list

Back