Weekend Plans

Chemical Brothers in Birmingham last night.
Really good gig and crowd. Not too many phones and nice to see parents taking their kids to experience the chemical brothers for the first time.
Today.. Mostly hair of the dog!
it’s worrying that hair of the dog does work

Saturday - Up at 5:30am climbed our 'big hill' twice before sunrise with the dog, mixture of running/walking. Brew on top with a lovely sunrise.

20231111-070552.jpg

20231111-073932.jpg

Son's football training, they've stopped chasing the ball around and started playing with some shape at 5yr old 😊 tree top adventure this aft at Manchester's Heaton Park, zip lines and climbing. Then my goddaughter's 10th birthday meal with son and wife. Mrs laughs every year that 15/20 lads go for a little girls birthday meal at Indian restaurant 😁

Sunday - visiting a fayre at a private school near us, maybe meet Father Christmas for the first time this year... Nov 11th 😩

Last edited:
Had missus over for weekend which was nice. But robbed on metro last night. I was daydreaming at the time and never saw them run off before the doors closed. My tip to anyone is take one card and stuff it down your pants. If carrying a bag, shove loose staples or broken glass down the outer pockets they go for. Private security and the police are reliably useless.

Had missus over for weekend which was nice. But robbed on metro last night. I was daydreaming at the time and never saw them run off before the doors closed. My tip to anyone is take one card and stuff it down your pants. If carrying a bag, shove loose staples or broken glass down the outer pockets they go for. Private security and the police are reliably useless.
Sorry to hear that. An ex got done in Barcelona on the metro. Told her not to take a big handbag, didn’t listen, purse got nicked, on way from airport to hotel.

Sorry to hear that. An ex got done in Barcelona on the metro. Told her not to take a big handbag, didn’t listen, purse got nicked, on way from airport to hotel.

Yeah it’s a shitter. They work in pairs. I’m pretty savvy but she got distracted. They’re heartless bastards. And everyone knows who they are…

Early weekend plans for me as it's a smasher!

Friday - pizza and Arsenal session with the eldest followed by SITC

Saturday - in the morning, youngest is playing in a rugby tournament on the pitch at Saracens' ground. Gutted we can't stay to watch the Saracens' game, as all our club-mates are. We've got to shoot off at 1pm for pre-arranged meal at the Mother-in-Law's in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, before the Xmas Lights Trail at Blenheim Palace.

M-I-L owns a guesthouse with 6 apartments and we are staying in one overnight.

Sunday - the Missus' birthday, hence staying over Saturday. Nice walk in the morning, then I'm taking everyone for Sunday lunch at a lovely pub.

Early weekend plans for me as it's a smasher!

Friday - pizza and Arsenal session with the eldest followed by SITC

Saturday - in the morning, youngest is playing in a rugby tournament on the pitch at Saracens' ground. Gutted we can't stay to watch the Saracens' game, as all our club-mates are. We've got to shoot off at 1pm for pre-arranged meal at the Mother-in-Law's in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, before the Xmas Lights Trail at Blenheim Palace.

M-I-L owns a guesthouse with 6 apartments and we are staying in one overnight.

Sunday - the Missus' birthday, hence staying over Saturday. Nice walk in the morning, then I'm taking everyone for Sunday lunch at a lovely pub.
Briiiiistol! Briiiiistol!

I also cannot wait for this weekend because I am finally finishing my season at pacha on friday and then it's holiday time until xmas.

flying to mallorca friday night for a week first - seeing inlaws, going hiking, doing some shopping and seeing nils frahm in concert on tuesday!

then onwards to bordeaux for a few days where we shall see the king of the north (@jimmiz) and his better half as well. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since october 29 and I'll keep it up until we touch down in bordeaux, but hey, once there I'll drink AAAAALLL the fantastic wines they have. so lots of food and drink over that weekend plus sightseeing in and around bordeaux. after the weekend we stay on because it's björk's final concert of her tour and my wife is a massive fan.

then quickly back to mallorca because it's my inlaws golden wedding anniversary and then, I am finally going back to switzerland for ten days. family, chocolate, friends, chocolate, fondue, chocolate, raclette, chocolate, winter hikes, chocolate and mountaineering and oh, chocolate of course.

back to the balearics in time for christmas, holiday hiking, nye&nyd festivities!

good times :cool:

Back