Weekend Plans

Spent last few days hiking in Scotland in the pissing rain and somehow tripped over a log yesterday in a wood near Loch Ness. An acrobatic rolly ending up headfirst in a muddy leafy incline. The drama! We then got lost and hitchhiked back to Inverness with a ranger. Travellin' in style. Shattered though after endless trains, cancellations, sleepless rides from Spain. I think you reach an age where you just can't do it anymore... 👀

Journey route:

Girona > Cerbère (Renfe regionales - excellent service)

Cerbère > Paris (via Narbonne. Via Toulouse). 5 hours hanging around. Backpackers everywhere. A glimpse into a former life when I did this all the time. Connected to the intercité train nuit at Toulouse which I used to love but now the worst sleep ever. A cramped couchette with a snorer and their panting Alsatian with bad breath on the opposite bunk... The SNCF charge v cheap fares compared to UK but i guess there is a reason if 6 people share.. like I say I'm not 20 anymore. I can't handle it now. I was carrying a lot of vinyl though for a pal which I couldn't trust an airline with. Cos I'm nice (despite appearances..)

No time in Paris sadly. I've always wanted to revisit Oberkampf but next time hopef.

Eurostar. £2.20 for a can of coke !!! The tunnel is an engineering masterpiece we now take for granted. The advantage of 2 passports is being able to use one on EU gates and switching to the other on the UK ones

A couple of days in London. Met my gf. V good McCartney photo exhib at Nat Portrait Gallery. Super Japanese restaurant (Necco) in Farringdon (Exmouth Mkt) followed by Spiritland (way too loud for conversation) and The Standard. Stayed in Docklands. Longgg time no see (schooltrip 86?). Marvellous ancient pubs between Limehouse and Tower Hill.

Night train to Inverness. Way more modern than the Austerlitz one but not quite as fun as I hoped. Their new menu is very good though (pork cheeks mmm).

Back to Spain on Sunday

Last edited:
Arrived on the island yesterday afternoon and was absolutely exhausted. Got to the hotel and passed out hard for a few hours. Went down the street and got some Nigiri and a roll at Kojima Sushi, food was great, def worth checking out. Pulled out some cash and grabbed a taxi to Akasha (€57 from the bay iirc) I managed to arrive just after they turned the decks off outside (only real regret of the evening). Vibe was chill and people were mingling. Ran into @stivi and chatted for a bit then I headed inside around 1130, got a lovely sticker put on my phone camera, and Sven was throwing it down. 10/10 vibe and crowd, can't recommend this club enough.

Ended up bailing a bit early as I wanted to catch PVD at Eden (realized it was 20 years ago since I first saw him and started me on this journey, figured it was only fitting to see him on the island). Much younger brit crowd, partied there for another couple hrs and went home to pass out.

Decent first day, 5 more to go :)

Hacienda Classical tomos at Castlefield Bowl...never done the classical before as I prefer the 'normal' nights...looking forward to it thou and great venue, just hope the Manc weather holds up! After party aswell with Todd Terry, Roger Sanchez and Mr Graeme Park..who along with Sasha and John Digweed was responsible for my introduction and subsequent obession with House music 👊
Queit wkd this time....its took all wk to recover from this!

Just an FYI- If you subject a naive american to 3 hours of folk music in an ibizan Irish pub things may get wild. The poor lads from Liverpool next to me just went with it. @AntonioGeordio did have an appearance of raveydave 2.0 tho! Dude managed to buy an entire tray of bad shots from a....

....um, nice gal.

Dude was 10,000% convinced she was into him. His mates tried to warn him off, it was incredible. I told them to never take him to a strip club or else he'll end up broke and alone. Lol they told me that they had been to Amsterdam and they had gone to the red light district, dude spent his entire pay check in 2 hrs....

I guess history does repeat itself!

I'll post up my acid trip of a visit to Flaherty's tomorrow. Incredible time

Last edited:
Oh the highsand lows.

Last night both kids got Player of The Day certifcates at Arsenal and played nicely together at home after.

Today, after guitar lessons and a drop in at my footy club's pre-season training session, I took them to the House of Hope 7 rugby tournmanent and then the Parkinsons Fundraiser at another local rugby club. At the latter, the advertised bouncy castle and rides weren't there, so I used the back up plan of a fair in a local park.

Pulled up at fair, pretty much parked, when kids start fighting and autistic eldest starts having a meldtown. I turn around to intervene and slip on accelerator, speed straight into back of a parked car. Bonnet crunched, headlight now halfway into bonnet and driver's door won't open.

Fxxx sake.*

*to be fair, nobody hurt, I have no claims bonus protection. Biggest hassle is that's car booked into airport for Thursday's flight to Dubai and the missus' car is far too small for our luggage. Courtesy car will take a few days and who knows what it will be. Can you leave a courtesy car at an airport for 10 days?

Last edited:
Oh the highsand lows.

Last night both kids got Player of The Day certifcates at Arsenal and played nicely together at home after.

Today, after guitar lessons and a drop in at my footy club's pre-season training session, I took them to the House of Hope 7 rugby tournmanent and then the Parkinsons Fundraiser at another local rugby club. At the latter, the advertised bouncy castle and rides weren't there, so I used the back up plan of a fair in a local park.

Pulled up at fair, pretty much parked, when kids start fighting and autistic eldest starts having a meldtown. I turn around to intervene and slip on accelerator, speed straight into back of a parked car. Bonnet crunched, headlight now halfway into bonnet and driver's door won't open.

Fxxx sake.*

*to be fair, nobody hurt, I have no claims bonus protection. Biggest hassle is that's car booked into airport for Thursday's flight to Dubai and the missus' car is far too small for our luggage. Courtesy car will take a few days and who knows what it will be. Can you leave a courtesy car at an airport for 10 days?
Sorry to hear this 😞 what a nightmare! Is the courtesy car coming from a rental company or directly with the garage? I left my courtesy car that came directly from a garage at the airport for 10 days back in Feb 2022 so you might be able to.

Sorry to hear this 😞 what a nightmare! Is the courtesy car coming from a rental company or directly with the garage? I left my courtesy car that came directly from a garage at the airport for 10 days back in Feb 2022 so you might be able to.
Garage arranging, not sure if it's theirs or they hire. Odds on are a smaller car than my Merc E220d, so probably won't fit all our cases. And the Missus' convertible Mini barely has a boot.

First world problems to be fair

Weekend update 3.0

Spent a few hrs drinking with random lads and gals in SA on Friday, then made my way over to Pikes for Flash. Ran into @TiffyBennett1 and had a cracker of a night. Bailed around 5 and made my way home. Spent Saturday by the pool a d made it to Ants for a few hours before my will to party faded. Another pool day today, spent the afternoon chatting away with the local hen party.

Off to Pacha for some +1 here in a few. Have to drink Murphy’s out of Grey Goose first. #liverwinner

Early weekend excitment here, boy 1 home from last day at school, boy 2 had already finished last week. Frantically cramming loads of work in before knocking off to get packing. Cab arriving at 11 tomorrow for airport run ahead of first ever visit to Dubai. Looks insanely hot - we expect to spend a lot of time at Atlantis waterpark so have watershoes for all of us to deal with scorching paths. Haven't made to many plans other than a meet up with a mate who lives there, so will be dealing with the concierge a lot I imagine.

Not really sure when I last travelled to somewhere I've never been before, so I'm as excited as the kids!

Love International. Out of Office goes on in 11 hours!

Got back on Monday and just about in a place now where I'm starting to feel normal!

What an amazing festival! We were there Thursday-Sunday but you could do Wednesday-Tuesday. The site itself is an easy walk from Tisno and has 3 or 4 big stages all with different styles of music....from 6pm onwards the music is full on but there is always a decent variety...music winds down on the site around 2/3am most nights (although Sat night went right through) and then you have the option of Barbarellas which is a big open air club that goes til 6am each day for the whole week...then back to the festival site for sunrise sessions with Apiento if you still have anything left in the tank from 6am-12pm (only made it to 1 sadly!). There are also Beach Stage take overs each day from midday-6pm for those looking to chill by the beach with some decent music and a few drinks and gradually work towards getting back into the swing....highlights here were Optimo and Luke Una. There are daily boat parties as well which add an extra element - you need to buy extra tickets for these but everything else was included in the initial price. I saw Sean Johnson, Apiento, Luke Una, Optimo, Chaos in the CBD, Paula Tape, Elias Mazan, Midland, Marie Montexier, Rosa Terenzi, Saoirse, Palms Trax, Gideon...it was very enjoyable! Sound etc all on point as well.

Tisno itself is a gorgeous small town with loads of restaurants and bars and little spots to swim...the locals were all really friendly and seemed happy enough as long as you were respectful - which everyone was, the crowd was super friendly and pleasant as far as I could see....good mix of ages and nationalities too. Flights, accommodation and ticket all came in around £450 total - when you compare that to something like glastonbury with Worthy View and ticket coming in around £600+...a very different festival but great value all the same considering you have to fly there. I'll deffo be going back if I can next year.

Last edited:
Weekend update 3.0

Spent a few hrs drinking with random lads and gals in SA on Friday, then made my way over to Pikes for Flash. Ran into @TiffyBennett1 and had a cracker of a night. Bailed around 5 and made my way home. Spent Saturday by the pool a d made it to Ants for a few hours before my will to party faded. Another pool day today, spent the afternoon chatting away with the local hen party.

Off to Pacha for some +1 here in a few. Have to drink Murphy’s out of Grey Goose first. #liverwinner
Looking for a midweek update from you please!:)

Looking for a midweek update from you please!:)
Sorry, missed my check in!!

Spent the afternoon at the pool on Sunday, met some fun gals here for the daughter's hen weekend. Made my way over to PDB and spent a couple hours at Murphy's, then caught a cab over to Solumun. Didn't go super hard and was pretty spent by 3 so I called it an early evening.

Monday I woke up early and checked out of my hotel and moved down to PDB. Spent some time in the water and walked down the sand and had a nice dinner. Prefunked at Murphy's again before making my way across the street for Prydz and Co. Went fairly hard as this was my last real night on the island and wanted to make it count. Cristoph was good, Prydz was Prydz, and Bayer closed things out great. The opener in the Club room was also great (Airwolf I think). Pretty much closed down Hi, then stumbled home.

Didn't do much on Tuesday, slept in and bought some gifts for the fam. Super happy I did too, holy hell it was muggy yesterday!

I'm officially on my way home, posting this form 40K feet over the atlantic. See everyone again soon, hope you all have a great summer.

Early weekend excitment here, boy 1 home from last day at school, boy 2 had already finished last week. Frantically cramming loads of work in before knocking off to get packing. Cab arriving at 11 tomorrow for airport run ahead of first ever visit to Dubai. Looks insanely hot - we expect to spend a lot of time at Atlantis waterpark so have watershoes for all of us to deal with scorching paths. Haven't made to many plans other than a meet up with a mate who lives there, so will be dealing with the concierge a lot I imagine.

Not really sure when I last travelled to somewhere I've never been before, so I'm as excited as the kids!

Bizzarre (to me at least) start to procedings - went and used the voucher for a pedicure my wife got me (unsolicited) for my birthday. All very stange sat there we a lady fiddling your feet:lol:

Back