Weekend Plans

Jeeeeez Awakenings yesterday.

We saw Anfisa Letyago (an absolute star in the making), Marcel Dettman, Ben Klock and DJ Rush. All absolutely killed it.

Round two today starting with Patrick Mason.

77 countries represented, 50k punters, every creed and colour and half the headliners were female. Techno is the most diverse culture of any. Love it

For those of a nervous disposition look away now…

The camera revealed a rat eating my seeds!

Fv9VkzzX0AEbjD1

Mice were a daily hazard at my old flat. We tried traps, hypersonic deterrants, sticky tape, fast cementing polyfilla, even poisoning the fckers but nothing worked

edit: and cheese

Last edited:
Mice were a daily hazard at my old flat. We tried traps, hypersonic deterrants, sticky tape, fast cementing polyfilla, even poisoning the fckers but nothing worked
I’ve got a couple of traps out but I’ve not got much hope. There’s a couple of places it could be coming from but they are drainage pipes so I don’t think I can block those up. Bloody annoying.

I’ve got a couple of traps out but I’ve not got much hope. There’s a couple of places it could be coming from but they are drainage pipes so I don’t think I can block those up. Bloody annoying.

yep, we have a communal staircase so the env health come around a couple of times a year (to check for cockroaches) but obv private land’s different unless you can persuade the council the whole area’s affected?

yep, we have a communal staircase so the env health come around a couple of times a year (to check for cockroaches) but obv private land’s different unless you can persuade the council the whole area’s affected?
Probably not at that stage yet as this is the only one I’ve seen in the last 4 years or so. We’ll see how this goes over the next few days 🙏

Probably not at that stage yet as this is the only one I’ve seen in the last 4 years or so. We’ll see how this goes over the next few days 🙏
We used the little red blocks from screwfix, sorted the buggers. You need to screw them down to something though, or they just take the whole thing and store it away

For those of a nervous disposition look away now…

The camera revealed a rat eating my seeds!

Fv9VkzzX0AEbjD1

Ah no way!

What kind of camera is this, if you don’t mind me asking?

We have a couple of hedgehogs that visit the back garden most nights, I really enjoy leaving some dog food out for them ( they prefer beef & gravy pedigree btw). They must be the fattest hedgehogs in Newcastle 🦔😂

Sometimes lucky enough to see them nipping about the garden and tucking into it, my youngest daughter thinks it’s awesome.

Might have to get a camera like this and take it to the next level 👍

edit: and cheese

I feel your pain.

Might sound rather odd, but when I was in Afghanistan in 2010/11 one of my biggest reasons for being pissed off, was the mice!

No matter how well you thought you’d stashed any food, they would find it and eat it. Totally destroys your morale when your food gets sabotaged.

Alternatively, they enjoyed chewing through our kit.

Being in a hot country you found yourself sweating a lot. The mice liked the taste of our salty sweat immensely, it was full of electrolytes and whatever else.

I woke one morning and found that they’d eaten right through the chin strap of my helmet 🤷‍♂️ made my life a misery for over a week as I had to make a temporary repair with a bootlace until a replacement was sent out.

Spiders and snakes were pretty venomous out there, but generally didn’t bother you very much if you left them alone.

The mice, however, actively went out of their way every night to fcuk your shit up.

Ah no way!

What kind of camera is this, if you don’t mind me asking?

We have a couple of hedgehogs that visit the back garden most nights, I really enjoy leaving some dog food out for them ( they prefer beef & gravy pedigree btw). They must be the fattest hedgehogs in Newcastle 🦔😂

Sometimes lucky enough to see them nipping about the garden and tucking into it, my youngest daughter thinks it’s awesome.

Might have to get a camera like this and take it to the next level 👍
I’d much rather have a hedgehog or two in the garden 😂 This was the camera I got, I’m really impressed with it for the price https://amzn.eu/d/01cf7jC

Just enjoyed my last weekend at home with my family, we had a whole day of sunshine on Saturday. Was amazing. I spent it painting my decking like a proper Dad 👍

Packed my bags this morning and I’m now heading back for a stint working away :(

“Hello darkness my old friend”….

Ibiza bound next time home though, so it’s not all doom and gloom :D

I’d much rather have a hedgehog or two in the garden 😂 This was the camera I got, I’m really impressed with it for the price https://amzn.eu/d/01cf7jC

Outstanding :D thanks @fhmsparkle

Not a bad price at all, I think I’ll get one of these. Looks decent!

Yes, hedgehogs are awesome. I joined my local hedgehog rescue group, got loads of great info from them. The bloke that runs it is an absolute ledge.

I feel your pain.

Might sound rather odd, but when I was in Afghanistan in 2010/11 one of my biggest reasons for being pissed off, was the mice!

No matter how well you thought you’d stashed any food, they would find it and eat it. Totally destroys your morale when your food gets sabotaged.

Alternatively, they enjoyed chewing through our kit.

Being in a hot country you found yourself sweating a lot. The mice liked the taste of our salty sweat immensely, it was full of electrolytes and whatever else.

I woke one morning and found that they’d eaten right through the chin strap of my helmet 🤷‍♂️ made my life a misery for over a week as I had to make a temporary repair with a bootlace until a replacement was sent out.

Spiders and snakes were pretty venomous out there, but generally didn’t bother you very much if you left them alone.

The mice, however, actively went out of their way every night to fcuk your shit up.

Wow, deffo something civvies would never appreciate. Even tinned potatoes?! I remember reading 8th Army veterans from North Africa saying they could get used to just about anything - except the flies. In yr face all the time. Full respect due.

Wow, deffo something civvies would never appreciate. Even tinned potatoes?! I remember reading 8th Army veterans from North Africa saying they could get used to just about anything - except the flies. In yr face all the time. Full respect due.

Tins were safe mate :D👍 the only problem was they were too heavy to carry :( also bulked out the your 2kg parcel allowance from your family.

If we were based anywhere long enough though we’d store food inside old ammo containers, which were in plentiful supply.

Ah yes, the flies. How could I ever forget. Drive you to absolute insanity 😩

Aggressively bouncing off your face with impunity. Or trying to crawl into your ears nose, eyes or mouth whenever your hands were occupied elsewhere.

Damned things.

My weekend was pretty nice!

Friday - First meal of the year at Tapas 🤤 followed by sunset on the rocks
Saturday - Medieval festival in town
Sunday - Popped into Ibiza Rocks for an hour to see Patrick Nazemi and then on a Bella Verde boat for sunset for our friend's retreat (Oranja - they're pretty cool).

Super impressed with the Rocks upgrade btw!

Back