Weekend Plans

I don’t know what possessed me this morning to go for a long run but I’ve run the fastest 10k time for me in ages!

Off to my parents shortly for lunch and a dog walk then it’s time to head to Cardiff!

I’m hoping for a disco nap when I get there, there’s every chance I might turn into a pumpkin by midnight otherwise and need to go to sleep 😂 If anyone does see me though come and say hi:)

I didn’t make it out in the end. Was Time Flies any good assuming that’s where you went? 🙂

It was pretty good, musically not 100% me but it was worth going. The crowd more than made up for it, really friendly people. I think it’s definitely one I’d go to again. I was quite proud of myself for managing to hang on until 1.45 a.m 😂
Yeah it’s a proper old skool crowd. Think it’s been going for around 30 years and likewise the music isn’t massively up my street anymore but you can guarantee a good Craic

Quite an entertaining - if knackering.. - few days back in the ‘smoke’…

Caught about 10mins (real time) of royal stuff on a tv screen at gatwick with about 15 other curious tourists. Can’t say i gave a shit either way tbh, but kinda surreal in so many ways.. you just sense the clock’s ticking on all of it

At the other end of the social scale ‘Beyond the streets’ was very well done too. Loved the cosmic room and nyc heritage, memorabilia etc. I still far prefer sharp toilet graf or social statements to tagging/trashing trains tho… heard classic tunes playing like ‘buffalo gal’ and ‘rapture’ .. all heritage stuff… made me think about how desperately we need a new yoof revolution, new ideas, new music, new energy..

Dived into The Social on Sat. To stumble in on a full on 93-94 prog revival! Never imagined i’d ever hear patrick prins ‘le voie le soleil’ again in my life!! A real journey back in time. I always liked it in there but jeez we felt old..

Fun, boozy sunday session at the ‘between the bridges’ down the south bank. Sun was out and so were a few old faces, andy taylor in the place straight off a plane from ibiza.. then hotfooted up to stokey to a bar for more fun and games, sassy wylie playing a whole load of sounds i didn’t even know existed… dark-garage-tech anyone?

A day on coast too for a family 80th… brighton at its most brighton, rainbows, pubs, hippies, junkies and huge groups of exchange students, sometimes all on the same street corner

and back to spain, reality, job centres and after the spending this week, bargain meals at mercadona

Quite an entertaining - if knackering.. - few days back in the ‘smoke’…

Caught about 10mins (real time) of royal stuff on a tv screen at gatwick with about 15 other curious tourists. Can’t say i gave a shit either way tbh, but kinda surreal in so many ways.. you just sense the clock’s ticking on all of it

At the other end of the social scale ‘Beyond the streets’ was very well done too. Loved the cosmic room and nyc heritage, memorabilia etc. I still far prefer sharp toilet graf or social statements to tagging/trashing trains tho… heard classic tunes playing like ‘buffalo gal’ and ‘rapture’ .. all heritage stuff… made me think about how desperately we need a new yoof revolution, new ideas, new music, new energy..

Dived into The Social on Sat. To stumble in on a full on 93-94 prog revival! Never imagined i’d ever hear patrick prins ‘le voie le soleil’ again in my life!! A real journey back in time. I always liked it in there but jeez we felt old..

Fun, boozy sunday session at the ‘between the bridges’ down the south bank. Sun was out and so were a few old faces, andy taylor in the place straight off a plane from ibiza.. then hotfooted up to stokey to a bar for more fun and games, sassy wylie playing a whole load of sounds i didn’t even know existed… dark-garage-tech anyone?

A day on coast too for a family 80th… brighton at its most brighton, rainbows, pubs, hippies, junkies and huge groups of exchange students, sometimes all on the same street corner

and back to spain, reality, job centres and after the spending this week, bargain meals at mercadona

Good luck with the job hunting mucker, my old man always say‘s that you can’t hold a good man down 👍

I always find life has a funny way of pushing you in certain directions at times, and it usually turns out for the better once the dust settles.

Went to see Roisin Murphy in the Albert Hall in London last night. Amazing gig and crowd. Her and the band were immense.

Grrr was meant to be there but been under the weather all week! Glad it was good, few of my mates went and massively rated it too.

After two fairly busy weekends we are having a stay at home weekend. Weather looks like it’s going to be nice so I reckon it’ll be garden type things. I’d like to get the shed sorted out so I can actually walk into it instead of clambering over everything. It would be nice to get a bit of colour on me so I’m not pale in the Spanish sun in two weeks. 😎🤞

No exciting plans here this weekend, looks like good weather though so will head out on a dog walk somewhere decent tomorrow morning and then get some more work done in the garden.

Maybe this weekend I’ll figure out what’s nibbled through the protective netting I’ve got to eat my sunflower seeds! I’ve bought a cctv camera to keep an eye. That will probably be my highlight 😂

For those of a nervous disposition look away now…

The camera revealed a rat eating my seeds!

Fv9VkzzX0AEbjD1

Back