Weekend Plans

My weekend was pretty nice!

Friday - First meal of the year at Tapas 🤤 followed by sunset on the rocks
Saturday - Medieval festival in town
Sunday - Popped into Ibiza Rocks for an hour to see Patrick Nazemi and then on a Bella Verde boat for sunset for our friend's retreat (Oranja - they're pretty cool).

Super impressed with the Rocks upgrade btw!
I went for two runs and did 20 hours of studying. Get stuffed @TiffyBennett1

Outstanding :D thanks @fhmsparkle

Not a bad price at all, I think I’ll get one of these. Looks decent!

Yes, hedgehogs are awesome. I joined my local hedgehog rescue group, got loads of great info from them. The bloke that runs it is an absolute ledge.
Wife puts hedgehog food out most nights. As cute as they are to watch. The shit the leave all over the garden is a right pain.

Good weekend, my football season is finally over so I can do family fun all weekend.

Friday night, usual pizza and Arsenal session with my eldest followed by sleepover in the cloud.

Saturday morning drive down to Brighton Marina, little boat trip booked from there, before some nice lucnh and check into the Malmasion at 3. Then off to be a tourist, play at the pier. Grab some dinner somewhere and then watch sunset and pretend we're in Ibiza. I was amused to find the top Google answer to where best to watch it included the last glamorous option below:

1684393619895.png

Hotel breakie Sunday morning, need to plan some stuff for Sunday before heading back late afternoon/early evening.

Haven't been to Brighton for a couple of years, so all recommendations for family fun welcome, maybe a decent Sunday Roast too....

Hiya mate...

Obviously was gonna say Asda carpark for the sunset!

Few bits for the kiddos....pier is good fun, even for younger kids there is plenty for them there. If you can get your wristbands booked today you'll save a few quid. There is a soft play towards the end of the pier too. The weather looks decent so would be a shame to be indoors but you've got the sealife centre, and at the marina you've got bowling and cinema.

On the beach Shelter Hall is a good shout for food. There are 6 or 7 different food options there, all pop up style kitchens and you can book a table ahead which i'd advise this weekend as it is likely to be busy. There is a kids playground on the beach fairly near to this which will have a splash pool etc open this time of year....playground is a little way further up from Shelter Hall, if you are walking from Marina end up towards Hove.

There is a new beach bar that does food as well which is decent...Bison Beach Bar which is closer to the marina, on madeira drive. There is another kids playground just close to that as well which has crazy golf and a cafe as well. There is a mini railway called Volks Railway which will take you from that end of the seafront down more towards the main part where the palace pier is.

For a roast, you might want to look at a pub called The Walrus which isn't too bad and still fairly near the main part of the seafront. Hotel du vin roast is also pretty good - that is near just next door to The Walrus.

Have a blinding weekend! The boat sounds amazing!

Last edited:
Quiet weekend for me. See Mum, watch Arsenal Forest Saturday and a few dog walks. Then it’s Rhodes next week with the family. 10 of Us.

My last 20 Years of holidays (other than 2 Stag Dos in Lisbon and Benidorm) has been 18 Trips to Ibiza so Greece/Rhodes is something different and will be great 😁

Then it’s back to normality with Ibiza in July 🌅

Hiya mate...

Obviously was gonna say Asda carpark for the sunset!

Few bits for the kiddos....pier is good fun, even for younger kids there is plenty for them there. If you can get your wristbands booked today you'll save a few quid. There is a soft play towards the end of the pier too. The weather looks decent so would be a shame to be indoors but you've got the sealife centre, and at the marina you've got bowling and cinema.

On the beach Shelter Hall is a good shout for food. There are 6 or 7 different food options there, all pop up style kitchens and you can book a table ahead which i'd advise this weekend as it is likely to be busy. There is a kids playground on the beach fairly near to this which will have a splash pool etc open this time of year....playground is a little way further up from Shelter Hall, if you are walking from Marina end up towards Hove.

There is a new beach bar that does food as well which is decent...Bison Beach Bar which is closer to the marina, on madeira drive. There is another kids playground just close to that as well which has crazy golf and a cafe as well. There is a mini railway called Volks Railway which will take you from that end of the seafront down more towards the main part where the palace pier is.

For a roast, you might want to look at a pub called The Walrus which isn't too bad and still fairly near the main part of the seafront. Hotel du vin roast is also pretty good - that is near just next door to The Walrus.

Have a blinding weekend! The boat sounds amazing!
Great - cheers of the help!

Good weekend, my football season is finally over so I can do family fun all weekend.

Friday night, usual pizza and Arsenal session with my eldest followed by sleepover in the cloud.

Saturday morning drive down to Brighton Marina, little boat trip booked from there, before some nice lucnh and check into the Malmasion at 3. Then off to be a tourist, play at the pier. Grab some dinner somewhere and then watch sunset and pretend we're in Ibiza. I was amused to find the top Google answer to where best to watch it included the last glamorous option below:

View attachment 15801

Hotel breakie Sunday morning, need to plan some stuff for Sunday before heading back late afternoon/early evening.

Haven't been to Brighton for a couple of years, so all recommendations for family fun welcome, maybe a decent Sunday Roast too....

The pier’s the obvious one. Pubwise the sussex arms is v good for lunch. Fam friendly i think. Took my dad there for his 80th last week and it went down well. Also, coming off the M23 at hassocks, you’ll find some very nice country walks there too.

+1 for the crazy golf down by Bison Beach bar!

Seven Stars is good for a roast. Gingerman Brighton or Ginger Pig in Hove also very good but bit more upmarket
Cheers, looked at Ginger Pig but earliest table left for Sunday is 16:00 and I'd want be heading back to the Smoke around then

This weekend prepping for a virtual interview for a job in Madrid, a decent one I can’t sniff at.. but not sure how I feel about it tbh. I think relocating across Spain is a bigger deal than in UK and on a personal level would be a real wrench after renovating the flat and building a network from scratch over last 7 years (not easy!) and cost of renting there is mega… the city’s a tax haven, spends zilch on getting car fumes down, but they do eat well…

Fair few assumptions here though of course…

Mayor elections in BCN next week too, with about 15 parties to choose from although none of them really twist my melons..

Last edited:
This weekend prepping for a virtual interview for a job in Madrid, a decent one I can’t sniff at.. but not sure how I feel about it tbh. I think relocating across Spain is a bigger deal than in UK and on a personal level would be a real wrench after renovating the flat and building a network from scratch over last 7 years (not easy!) and cost of renting there is mega… the city’s a tax haven, spends zilch on getting car fumes down, but they do eat well…

Fair few assumptions here though of course…

Mayor elections in BCN next week too, with about 15 parties to choose from although none of them really twist my melons..
Good luck for the interview! I guess it’s one of those “if it’s meant to be it will be” situations.

My weekend will involve anchor running. Being at sea in the middle of night sometimes feels like you are in outer space. Oh the joys :confused:

I recently got back into playing football and we usually play on a Thursday night. This is my first night missing it and I feel a little bit sad about it. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing footy. The WhatsApp group has been buzzing away all day ⚽Gutted

ba866ded-72f4-43a2-8005-4fdf6b774798.jpeg2d759ad8-c32b-40b5-80ee-2380372f8b7f.jpeg

My weekend will involve anchor running. Being at sea in the middle of night sometimes feels like you are in outer space. Oh the joys :confused:

I recently got back into playing football and we usually play on a Thursday night. This is my first night missing it and I feel a little bit sad about it. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing footy. The WhatsApp group has been buzzing away all day ⚽Gutted

View attachment 15807View attachment 15808
A girthy anchor you have there my friend

Back