Weekend Plans

How did the festival go @Buckley

Got there Thursday, not a lot open but kids enjoyed the 'Lovebot', a big wooden robot which they could play on and would display their name and messages to them. Couple of beers that night, we all slept well. Friday started well, with dancing and hula-hooping in a big top, more robot fun followed by pizza and soft play. Early afternoon, my eldest bopping along to Mexrissey, a Mexican language Morrissey tribute act, is something I'll never forget

Late-afternoon, however, the heavens opened and I had to park the missus and kids while I headed back for the waterproofs, pushchair and gardening truck to pull the kids about in the evening.

We had a good time , but I looked at the weather forecast for the rest of the weekend and called it Saturday morning. There was a brief dry period to get the tent down and get the kids packed up, before the site became completely unsuitable for a 2 year old. Horror stories I heard after confirmed this was the right decision.

We did have a really good time, but things that worried me far more than if I hadn't had the family with me:

1) A complete lack or signage. No posts directing you to arenas or campsites
2) The staff were very nice, but had no idea where anything was. Not a single steward or guard we asked could direct us to anywhere.
3) On the way in, the people putting the bands on were beyond ponderous. I mean you'd think they had a bet on last person though and were hanging it out.
4) The slopes up and down from where we camped to the action. I dread to think how people got up and down it to get out once it was even muddier than on the last time we skidded down it

I'm fairly sure the weather accentuated all the above to be fair and regular attendees all said it was the first time they'd seen rain (at Camp Bestival!)

We were home by Saturday afternoon, and as we'd expected to be travelling back on Monday, we hoiked the kids back in to nursery that morning and hit the Tate Modern, Hawksmoor for lunch and a few beers on the way back to the 'burbs. Result!

We were home by Saturday afternoon, and as we'd expected to be travelling back on Monday, we hoiked the kids back in to nursery that morning and hit the Tate Modern, Hawksmoor for lunch and a few beers on the way back to the 'burbs. Result!

God bless the British weather :lol:

Just waiting in Schipol airport to catch the flight back the UK. What a weekend at Dekmantel Festival but my mind and back are broken. Danced 3 marathons worth of steps according to my FitBit.

Stand out sets...

Byron The Acquarius (that kid is seriously going places)
Deniro (pounding techno)
Red Axes
Anthony Parasole
Omar-S (one of the best sets I've ever witnessed)
Donato Dozzy and Peter Van Hoesen B2B

Just waiting in Schipol airport to catch the flight back the UK. What a weekend at Dekmantel Festival but my mind and back are broken. Danced 3 marathons worth of steps according to my FitBit.

Stand out sets...

Byron The Acquarius (that kid is seriously going places)
Deniro (pounding techno)
Red Axes
Anthony Parasole
Omar-S (one of the best sets I've ever witnessed)
Donato Dozzy and Peter Van Hoesen B2B

I'm heading out on Friday! 16 guys on a stag do - what could possibly go wrong? :spank:

Two days of solid drinking, great craic. Took the advice and stayed away from concert square. Avoided the PR guys trying to pull us into bars and clubs. We spent a few hours in that o'Neills bar. Over all a good trip. I'd like to go again but not spend all day drinking and do a bit of sightseeing. There was a two day concert on we didn't realise or would have bought tickets, there seemed to be a good crowd out for it. After living for 5 years in Newcastle, I think Liverpool comes close if not better for birds haha

Two days of solid drinking, great craic. Took the advice and stayed away from concert square. Avoided the PR guys trying to pull us into bars and clubs. We spent a few hours in that o'Neills bar. Over all a good trip. I'd like to go again but not spend all day drinking and do a bit of sightseeing. There was a two day concert on we didn't realise or would have bought tickets, there seemed to be a good crowd out for it. After living for 5 years in Newcastle, I think Liverpool comes close if not better for birds haha
The two day concert was apparently cancelled on second day and poor organised / over crowded on the first.

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate

Nature One... You broke me even more than last year. Despite the loss of my tent due to someone not being able to control themselves (No, not me before you ask), it's probably the best 5 days of this year I've so far had. Sven Vath killed it. Acid Wars and Blakksheep tunnels blew my mind. Even the psy stage was more mental than the Psy I've heard in the past.

Roll on N1 2018

London weekend coming up for me. Platinum London Radio party at The Chapel Bar on Friday. Hopefullly sleep a bit on Saturday and no plans yet for Saturday night. Few beers at the airport before the flight tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be sure to behave myself.

*Cough cough* dirty weekend for me, ended up in a field with the girls watching er, Olly Murs. The only reason I am admitting to this is because he did a cover of Gala's "Freed From Desire", which had an entire field of people jumping about - unlike when "Sonny Fodera" or whoever he was at Eden during defected the other week dropped it and it was as flat as a pancake.

Ps had too much wine to deal with the pain, not sure if that made sense but was re-iterating just how bad defected was :lol:

Back