Weekend Plans

Local beach party this Saturday evening.

Not quite Ibiza, it's gonna be chilly at only 13 by 10pm so will be wrapped up in a hoody!

Heading to Liverpool for a stag weekend. Recommendations for do and don'ts? Haven't been to Liverpool since creamfields 2005

I really liked it in The Merchant. Good music, nice atmosphere. Nice pizza too. They only serve Bloody Mary's on a Sunday, when it's 2 for 1. Went in there again on the Sunday afternoon only to be told they didn't have any tomato juice! Just up the road from Almost Famous - the best burgers ever!

I haven't gone past my knees yet this year...:oops:

Embarassed to say neither have I - took the dog down to the beach with my SUP board trying to persuade him to be like other dogs last week (and give me a chance to do something I want for a change rather than just walking him as I can't leave him in the car in the heat) ... what a palaver. Endless hugging and reassurance bought me 4 minutes on the board in the shoreline on my knees in 5 inches of water before he started physically quivering with fear like he was about to have his jab at the vets'. Water was freezing so I'd even lifted him on to the board without him getting wet.

Mission was aborted when I thought the chances of the RSPCA being called by the do-gooders on the beach had escalated to unacceptable levels :rolleyes:. Was on my own so a kind couple looked after him for 5 minutes whilst I had my first and only UK paddle of the year so far but he stood on the shore staring and whining for me even through that. Had wet sandy everything to clean up and hike back to the car and naff all enjoyment out of it. Definitely not a water dog, runs away from the waves. It's like having a kid who won't play with other kids, been an only dog too long I think :mad:

Come on lads, get the right wetsuit on and get in there! Cornwall hit with the same swell, few funs waves this evening.

Back on topic - Chilled weekend for me, more waves if the swell sticks around and the winds low!

Next music adventure wont be till August bank holiday for me, Ion Ludwig, Barac among others though! Worth waiting for.

Back