Weekend Plans

Chilled one this weekend.

Got the garden in our new house just about finished, weather is looking good in the mid twenties so BBQ's planned for Saturday and Sunday :cool:

so a world away from Sonar and all that, I went to a top little party called Origins uptown BCN last night, featuring Francis Inferno Orchestra from Australia alongside ressie MIBER. still buzzing now. rolls royces whoomph! some ace house all night including these all time classics, whereupon my memory ends.

Hotter here today than yesterday:) party was mellow enough last night as Mainly a sausage fest as the ladies stayed away until the BBQ today so "We could Play all old records again" :rolleyes:....

It fathers day here in Ireland don't know if it is everywhere:confused:
One good thing with the kids getting older,no more socks for presents I got beer glasses this morning,shame not to try them out :)
View attachment 3883
Some nice big bottles of Estrella was my very welcome Father's Day gift today. Got me in the mood for mid August. Scorchio here in Harrogate, UK. A morning managing my under 9 cricket team to another defeat in 28 degree heat! Followed by al fresco roast dinner. Nice.

So my weekend was a relatively quiet one, although ran a local 10k yesterday morning (my time was rubbish but it was way too hot) and got a medal that doubles as a bottle opener - genius!!! :D

medal.jpg

Spent today at the parents for Sunday lunch to celebrate Father's day - he seemed quite chuffed with my homemade cheesecake!!

Saturday was pretty much morning of sorting domestic stuff and afternoon of this, was so nice to be back on my bike for a bit >>

Sunday - up obscenely early and 4 1/2 hour drive to get 100 miles to Sandbanks. Well over an hour trying to get through the last couple of miles into the area. Should have walked but nowhere to park till you get closer. BONKERS gridlock. Flyboard session booked was so very nearly missed !! But in the end - so worth it.

Must have been a determination to get something achieved for all that sacrifice but nailed some proper sharp turns, much higher
dives than ever before and .... without warning the instructors at all .... went for my first backflip and (apparently) nailed it. Looked round and instructor sat on the jetski was doing the full goldfish. So I did another one :lol:. Probably scrappy as they come really have no clue but I was seriously stoked. Really want to nail some more tricks now and start polishing up the flips next time I get the chance :twisted: The guys said they enjoyed watching because it's nearly always first-timers on experience day vouchers showing up.

Fantastic centre at the Sandbanks Hotel. Really chilled out and great facilities, they have basically everything there you could want. Bit of light exercise to finish the day >>

Choons on and home in 2 1/2 hours. Still buzzing. Really love Summer !!

Back