Weekend Plans

Young 'un passed his test so spent the weekend sorting out his first motor. I'm much much worse off financially than I was last week, but the non-stop smile on his face makes it worth every penny.
Nice one JD
I was made up when my daughter passed in December, well worth it for the same reason

Nice one JD
I was made up when my daughter passed in December, well worth it for the same reason
Cheers. He's still grinning. Quite pleased with myself in that according to him and his mates I appear to have bought him a 'proper nice whip'. so for a very brief moment I have stepped out of the embarrassing dad zone....sure I'll be back in there soon enough mind.

Wild Life for me this weekend. I've been away for it every year and it is pretty close to me. They did half price tickets a few weeks back so £30 for some Yousef, Joris, Prydz, Maya Jane Coles, Dusky can't really go wrong. Probably 'try' and take it a bit easy but we'll see.

Bit gutted as most my mates are off to Glasgow for Scotland / England but I gave up my tickets as I was busy but then got the weekend free...

Dolan Bergin then onto Dj Tennis, followed by a little bit of Tale Of Us before 'peaking' to Praslea finishing off with Daphni, what a cracking afternoon that would be! Shame i can't make it though! Enjoy!

Gym, surf and general low key vibes for me this month. July looks set to be a big month!

Did Saturday at Wild Life which is Rudimental & Disclosures festival. Despite being in my back yard I've never been so first time. Didn't like realise it was a 16+ event and there were a lot of adults with their kids, which makes me a bit uneasy given how there were some serious states there. Even a bit of open drug taking in line for security despite very heavy armed police presence.

Either way El Row & Warehouse Project stages was where we spent most of our time. Highlights were the El row residents & Yousef. Sadly Joris Voorn completely killed the atmosphere when he came on.

Set of the day was Prydz. Much better than his Epic show and for an outdoor stage sound was excellent. He proper banged it out too. He should have played last as Disclosure b2b Armand Van Holden was a bit too down tempo to close a Saturday night.

Combination of cheap tickets for locals and being 15min bus from my house made this an excellent day out.

Went for the double header on Saturday.

Lab11 from 3 until midnight with Solomun and Samu.l (Not the best Solly set i've seen but still above average, Samu.l was brilliant whilst closing the terrace)

Then we took the short stroll across the industrial estate to to catch Darius Syrossian on the Rainbow roof terrace. I must admit i was slacking at this point and caught an Uber back home at around 3.30am.

Still feel abit hit and miss now lol.

Well, Junction 2 was great fun!
Very impressed with the overall layout, and how good the staff were.
Stages were great (Albeit Warehouse was incredibly hot and stuffy... people smoking inside a tent with a felt roof... ugh!)

Favourite sets for me were Planetary Assault Systems. Wouldn't of actually gone to see them, if not a suggestion to a friend, who then suggested it to me.
Alan Fitzpatrick was also really good. Will be aiming to see both again!

Well, Junction 2 was great fun!
Very impressed with the overall layout, and how good the staff were.
Stages were great (Albeit Warehouse was incredibly hot and stuffy... people smoking inside a tent with a felt roof... ugh!)

Favourite sets for me were Planetary Assault Systems. Wouldn't of actually gone to see them, if not a suggestion to a friend, who then suggested it to me.
Alan Fitzpatrick was also really good. Will be aiming to see both again!

Glad you enjoyed :D

Yeah - Thanks for the spare ticket. Wasn't 100% keen on the crowd, but I guess that's just a standard techno crowd. Slightly 'edgy'

sounds very different to my experiences at LOST and PLEX in London

ie 90% nerds, skinny/bald/white or Japanese guys in thick glasses and kooky french art school students

ie 90% nerds, skinny/bald/white or Japanese guys in thick glasses and kooky french art school students

Likely because it was a day festival, easy to get home from, and had huge DJs like Beyer playing. People go because it's a festival and a bit of fun, but it means you get some people going that aren't really into it.

Junction 2 was so f***ing good. That sonus stage and the warehouse were brilliantly done.

Solomun at brixton after was alot of fun aswell

Anyone going xoyo this fri for ben ufo?

Last edited:
Back