Weekend Plans

Agree with this … not sure if you have paid for your hotel but you might consider looking at Citizen M hotel in Shoreditch as pretty easy to get to Finsbury Park and much nicer to stay with more life … Uber to Hackney Wick for the Friday night could be fun … we are going to Solomun too but can’t stay in town as no dog sitter just dog watcher …sorry should have tagged Bareben
Can give a thumbs up for Citizen M- I stayed in their one near the Tate Modern a few months back and was very impressed. The Crate brewery is decent in Hackney Wick, right on the river and solid beers

Looking forward to a full weekend of clubbing at last, haven't been to an event without some social distancing measures since March last year. Got Amelie Lens & Airod @ Victoria Warehouse / Manchester Friday and then Dense & Pika at WaV / Liverpool Saturday. Missed the double headers. going to make the very most of it 🙌

Looking forward to a full weekend of clubbing at last, haven't been to an event without some social distancing measures since March last year. Got Amelie Lens & Airod @ Victoria Warehouse / Manchester Friday and then Dense & Pika at WaV / Liverpool Saturday. Missed the double headers. going to make the very most of it 🙌

Have a good one mukka 😀

Gutted I couldn’t change the date for the Amelie Lens & Airod night 😥

Hope you and your lass have a good weekend pal 😀👍

god Finsbury Park takes me back... spent 2 wild years around there. The Finsbury at the bottom end of Green Lanes was a nice boozer and obv Stokey 5 mins away on bus had all the boozers, Jolly Butcher and The Drop basement below The Crown. If you're after premium grade Afghan opium, a few greengrocers around there might point you in the right direction... the warren of Seven Sisters Road warehouses are nearby too. The dirtiest, darkest afterparties known to man. I'm sure it's all changed now.

I'm down there for Solomun 2 nights staying right by Finsbury Park. Doesn't look like there's many bars/restaurants round there for the Friday night - can you recommend any? I'm reet Northern so i've no idea about London
Oh, I completely forgot how close Finsbury Park is to Haringey Green Lanes- go there for amazing Turkish food

Crete went from red to dark red whilst I'm literally sitting on the plane to get there. Infection rate went from 321 to well over 500 (14 day/100k).

It feels like flying into Saigon in 1975.

I'm reading The Plague by Albert Camus, which is turning out to be suitable preparation. The passenger sitting in front of me has already started coughing.

Anyway, this means hotel quarantine when I return home.

mid 30s here today. melting in my underpants in my office chair. exclusive pix in the secret forum.

costa brava on Sunday for a couple of weeks and then on to SW France for fun & games

I need a break from the world - the bureaucratic ordeal trying to obtain an EU covid certificate has been slowly driving me nuts

Crete went from red to dark red whilst I'm literally sitting on the plane to get there. Infection rate went from 321 to well over 500 (14 day/100k).

It feels like flying into Saigon in 1975.

I'm reading The Plague by Albert Camus, which is turning out to be suitable preparation. The passenger sitting in front of me has already started coughing.

I certainly never expected to see Camus mentioned on here!

but more seriously though, that sounds pretty bleak. This is why I've gone full Dennis Bergkamp/Mr T and refuse to fly anywhere now.

I'm down there for Solomun 2 nights staying right by Finsbury Park. Doesn't look like there's many bars/restaurants round there for the Friday night - can you recommend any? I'm reet Northern so i've no idea about London
There are some cracking Turkish restaurants on Green Lanes - a short walk from Finsbury Park. Gokyuzu is fantastic. You're close to Tottenham too with a few bars there.

You're away so long there's a chance it'll change before then - and you can always divert to come home via somewhere more amenable. I'm sure loads of people will end up doing that !

Back