Weekend Plans

This weekend - off to Mallorca! Well subject to the Mrs' PCR test and the hopefully unlikely possibility the Balearics are added to the red list...

Im in the same boat mate.

Took a bit of a gamble and booked a week in Majorca with my missus and daughters, flying Saturday.

Wondering how it will all pan out now?

Booked with Jet2 also, I wonder if they’ll still fly if the Balearics go to Amber?

Bloody hell, I feel so close to getting away as well 😬 🤷‍♂️😄

Im in the same boat mate.

Took a bit of a gamble and booked a week in Majorca with my missus and daughters, flying Saturday.

Wondering how it will all pan out now?

Booked with Jet2 also, I wonder if they’ll still fly if the Balearics go to Amber?

Bloody hell, I feel so close to getting away as well 😬 🤷‍♂️😄
Screenshot_20210714-135427_Chrome.jpg

What jet2 cancelled your flights? Even though they are flying to amber countries?

Sorry, I should have elaborated.

They sent me an email with the options to either:

- Amend to a different date or destination free of charge (only pay the difference if it costs more)

- Cancel and get a full refund

I’ll attach a screenshot.

Basically I’m returning to work overseas the week after I would return. I thought I could get away by doing the 5 day test to release if it went amber, but on reading into the Gov website I would still need to do the day 8 test also.

My bad, I should have read deeper into it. I didn’t realise you still had to do the day 8 test, even if you do the test to release.

The email advised that if you wanted to amend to a different destination within the next week or so, then the best course of action is to cancel for a refund and then rebook.

There was a link on the email which took me to a page that had drop down boxes that was pretty simple to follow.

I’m still really keen to get my missus and daughters away so we are looking at Bulgaria or Croatia now.

I work away from my family most of my life, and they’ve had a shit 18 months, so I just want to get them all away somewhere.

Took a gamble and it didn’t work, but I’m not beat yet lol 😀👍

1EE9EA20-E773-4A33-B145-B88CEB61885A.png

I'm spending this (extended) weekend in Oslo. It's a one hour flight away from where I live (west coast of Norway). The flight involves not much hassle. The weather is much better in Oslo than on the west coast, and just about everything is now open.

These will be my 15th and 16th flights so far this year. None of them are in connection with work. (Somewhere in Sweden, Greta is screaming "HOW DARE YOU" ;) )

Nursing a hangover this morning after getting a bit giddy on the red last night. Was only in my garden FFS!
just waiting for an emergency 40mg propranolol to kick in. How you can get beer fear from a night out in your own garden is beyond me?
Mrs diver is prepping a sausage sandwich to sort me out.
At least I’m off today, but working all weekend.

Back