Weekend Plans

Boy 1 arriving home from school early in half hour, then pick up boy 2 from his, then to pick up this for the weekend:
View attachment 12100

My missus has been been hunting high and low for cheap campers (smaller modern VW camper type things rather than motorhomes). but the demand (and therefore inflation) is ridiculous. they were quoting 1300€ for 5 days. We snoozed a bit as the cheaper vans have all gone for August, except the ones which are essentially cars with a fixed 'pod' (tent) on the roof :lol:

My missus has been been hunting high and low for cheap campers (smaller modern VW camper type things rather than motorhomes). but the demand (and therefore inflation) is ridiculous. they were quoting 1300€ for 5 days. We snoozed a bit as the cheaper vans have all gone for August, except the ones which are essentially cars with a fixed 'pod' (tent) on the roof :lol:
Yeah, this one isn't cheap, as it's less than a year old, but I wanted to try one out and the kids are mega-excited

Meal out tonight at local Tapas.
celebrating number one daughter’s completion of masters, new job and birthday on Sunday. Number two also has got an apprenticeship starting next week.
Good to hear some good news.

About to go for a 5/6k run then its onto graft until dinner time then straight out on the 🍻 for the match and feeling like death until at least Tuesday

Have to say, as much as we had a great time, I was shocked at just how flimsy the year old motorhome we rented was. The interior felt like bits of it were going to fall off if you moved.

Have to say, as much as we had a great time, I was shocked at just how flimsy the year old motorhome we rented was. The interior felt like bits of it were going to fall off if you moved.

It's like buying a new car these days ... they don't make 'em like they used to !

During the darkest hours of lockdown I got a bit obsessed with camper van and vanlife youtubers, that kind of thing. Endless hours spent digesting randoms in Saskatchewan renovating vans and stuff. probably just lazy escapism but it is a long running fantasy/proto-Midlife Crisis of mine to take to the road, relive Kerouac, all the cliches.... the problem is the reality... how to afford it and where to keep it in a built-up city and - perhaps more critically - how not to kill each other in a confined space. Shorter term, we were just looking for hires in San Sebastian, Biarritz to go to a little festie up there in August but had a real headache finding anything there so I think we'll just get a train across, if of course we're allowed out/back in..

Back