Weekend Plans

I did some jogging today and it's the darnedest thing... I get motion sick when I jog. I know, bizarre... Well, I've known this, so I take meclizine (travel sickness medication) about an hour before I run. And it works, except apparently if I jog 40 minutes after taking the medication instead of 1 hour... I didn't get full on throwing up sick this time, but I have before. No, this time I was just a sweaty uncomfortable mess for about 20 minutes after my jog. It's usually longer than that, but as I said I took the medication. I just set out a little too early, so it finally kicked in and wiped out the motion sickness I've come to learn I can expect with certain activities.

I've always been susceptible to motion sickness, though I think this is related to my medication. Because I used to run five miles - yes, 5 which is 8.04 kilometers - and I never ever got sick then. That was before the meds. I also used to do a few laps in the pool swimming hand over hand freestyle which also never made me sick. Until it did. I can't imagine what else it could be, but the doctors aren't at all convinced it's only the meds. My current primary care physician (who's on her way out by the way) says it also may be vertigo and having to do with crystalline structures in the inner ear that have possibly been disrupted. I'm doubtful, and suspect it's something about the meds, hyperventilation (I breathe in for two steps, then out for two steps when I jog my two miles), or heat. I'm always hydrated, so I don't think it's that. I usually drink a liter before and a liter after I run, plus some.

Anyway, that's the weekend. I told my girlfriend I'm giving up peanut butter too to try and take off the weight. I'm shooting for 77.1 kg (170 pounds).

Taking tomorrow off as well as Monday and Tuesday! I turn 40 on Saturday, and my family is on-island visiting, so we will probably go have dinner that night and try to have some beach time. Maybe an evening bonfire tomorrow.

Would like to have an adults-only night out with wifey, but the bar restriction are complicating matters!?

Taking tomorrow off as well as Monday and Tuesday! I turn 40 on Saturday, and my family is on-island visiting, so we will probably go have dinner that night and try to have some beach time. Maybe an evening bonfire tomorrow.

Would like to have an adults-only night out with wifey, but the bar restriction are complicating matters!?
Happy birthday ?

Happy early birthday! Grab a bucket of Caribs and plop yourself somewhere nice and enjoy your time off.

IMG_20200718_145845.jpg
Had to pop into town.. table for 1.. only heni , Coors or Guinness on tap... Had to order something off the lunch menu over €9 so I can have a pint... LoL
IMG_20200718_150241.jpg

Last edited:
What was on the plate? Prawn on Toast?

Lovely weekend, did a four hour live stream on Saturday. Was meant to be for an hour and a half but stayed on. Played Techno for the first 2 hours, then, a couple of trance tracks, then dipped off into a few Rave tracks.
Rest of the weekend was quiet.

Back