Weekend Plans

congrats the Buckleys. unlucky FHMS. almost suffered similar fate yesterday (the injury not marriage) constructing a wardrobe (and deconstructing my back)

Ouch! Home improvements and exercise are both bad for us so it seems! Hope your back isn’t too bad and heals quickly :)

So my Sunday night has been spent in A&E after my foot swelled up like a balloon this afternoon..............nothing to do with Mortons Neuroma - but a stress fracture!!

These are my friends for the upcoming Christmas parties then.......

46447651_10156781609204770_7225316481540554752_n.jpg

photo.php

:mad: so MN was a misdiagnosis then ?

:mad: so MN was a misdiagnosis then ?

Yup - in some ways I'm thankful as a fracture should be easier to heal. Just the usual incompetence of GP's is somewhat frustrating as when I saw him my toes were swollen and I pointed them out to him! I was just lucky that it wasn't a life or death situation.

FFS they are all such a waste of space I haven't gone near a GP in about 5 years total waste of time. What's frustrating is anyone competent always says "have you seen your GP" - I mean what the f*** is even the point ? No time for it. At least you have a diagnosis hope it's right and yeah, it'll heal up faster. Just make sure you do loads of strengthening before you start running again. Take a good hard look at your shoes and running form too. If you picked up a stress fracture you could likely benefit from a couple of 1:1 coaching sessions too - well worth it in the long run !

I'm still hampered by my shoulder from wakeboarding way back in May when I probably ripped something in there after going out without warming up. Couldn't lift my arm higher than waist height for nearly a week and was proper painful. I got so dejected at even the thought of seeing any kind of medic or physio (another profession full of incompetent people). Just kept it moving and got almost full functionality back over Summer but there's still pain and weakness after a load of pushups - and especially after 220 on Saturday :oops::lol:. No doubt it needs rehabilitating before I do more advanced pull-up stuff but right now without a personal referral to someone who will give me active rehab support I can't get past not wanting to see anyone at all. :mad: Apologies to any medics but UK is full of hacks when it comes to physio & rehab issues.

Yeah we do push ourselves sometimes to do things when we really shouldn’t - I’m so guilty of doing this myself :lol: but when exercise makes you feel good it’s hard not to!

Don’t worry the thought of going back to running is massively scary right now as I can’t believe how easily this seems to have happened. I also wonder whether it’s happened due to the hip problems I’ve got on the left side and the right side has over compensated for so long. Sod’s law I was meant to have the pre-assessment for the steroid injection for that today which I’ve now had to cancel. But I’m at the top of the list now so when my foot has fixed itself I can get that done and hopefully be in a decent shape again :lol:

Yeah we do push ourselves sometimes to do things when we really shouldn’t - I’m so guilty of doing this myself :lol: but when exercise makes you feel good it’s hard not to!

Don’t worry the thought of going back to running is massively scary right now as I can’t believe how easily this seems to have happened. I also wonder whether it’s happened due to the hip problems I’ve got on the left side and the right side has over compensated for so long. Sod’s law I was meant to have the pre-assessment for the steroid injection for that today which I’ve now had to cancel. But I’m at the top of the list now so when my foot has fixed itself I can get that done and hopefully be in a decent shape again :lol:

:mad::lol:

OFITA by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

Spanish bar for Tapas then off to a cocktail bar tonight. Friends round for dinner tomorrow night. Out for lunch on Sunday. Tuesday night early Christmas present for my brother, in the box at the football, 3 course meal before the game. Back to work Wednesday :(

Back