Weekend Plans

Ame & Henrik Schwarz @ digital Friday
Above & Beyond @ digital Saturday

A&B was announced well before Ame so i’ve got tickets for Sat but ovbs wanna do Friday too...

I had an unusually productive weekend - am in advanced talks to help promote a new night catering for the much neglected 'old fart' market in these parts. Finding the right venue has proved really hard though! Small time promoters on here - how do you persuade local music bar owners to take a punt on something that is un-commercial?

I would say if you can't fulfil their commercial needs, then find common ground and pander to their creativity desires.
If they already charge admission on the session you propose taking on, why should they sacrifice the door to you without being compensated accordingly over the bar?
If they don't normally charge admission, but you intend too, why should they risk disgruntling/keeping away their existing customer base?
Almost always the case that you need to convince them it is an investment that does present a risk, but could pay dividends in the future.

Look at that, it has Atlantic look to it!! Was there anyone out there getting involved?? I love watching people out on the big days!! I surf as much possible through the winter down here!! Once your not surfing Cala nova or Es torrent you can surf by yourself no problem. I should start a surf thread!!

Yeah it was quite the sight! Similar conditions this coming Sunday too according to the charts!

There were a couple out surfing and 1 body boarder. They didn't stay out long though, it was pretty sketchy! Quite shifty, which when it's 10ft + isnt too fun!!

The first place i ever surfed was Spanish point in Ireland!

View attachment 6004
This is our hotspot when surfs up.. kilmurin cove just a few k from our house..
Never surfed the south east, looks like a great spot on the maps there, I have a good friend out in crookhaven so I’ve been surfing from that spot all the way up the west coast!! This was more than 10 years ago now, pre kids!! I’m only trying to get back into it. It’s hands down the hardest sport I’ve tried. But I don’t mind taking a pounding (much mellower in the Med anyway)

A Love From Outer Space all night long last Friday night in Belfast. Absolutely sensational as ever. Newcastle, London, Glasgow and France dates still to come before the end of 2018 afaik so I urge people to experience it if they can. Magical.

+ Convenanza 2019

Back