Weekend Plans

Meant to be doing some mystery training morning of an unspecified duration tomorrow that gets progressively intense over the course of the session and is apparently "not suitable for anyone sensitive to loud noises and bangs". Reassuringly called "The Sickener" o_O. Have to sign an injury, drowning & death waiver so feeling less and less inclined to be completely honest :mad: But you get a wristband you can cut off and tap out at any time so might go along and see what it's actually about. If it winds up involving getting dunked in the lake in late November I'm definitely tapping out :lol:

Meant to be doing some mystery training morning of an unspecified duration tomorrow that gets progressively intense over the course of the session and is apparently "not suitable for anyone sensitive to loud noises and bangs". Reassuringly called "The Sickener" o_O. Have to sign an injury, drowning & death waiver so feeling less and less inclined to be completely honest :mad: But you get a wristband you can cut off and tap out at any time so might go along and see what it's actually about. If it winds up involving getting dunked in the lake in late November I'm definitely tapping out :lol:

Isn't that the SAS thing ?

Isn't that the SAS thing ?

Haha no - I'm not THAT crazy (or fit !), it's only a 1-day thing they'll probably just bring some smoke bombs and play at battlefield recovery or something. But it is put on once a year by the ex-Army/Navy/Marines who instruct the rest of training I go to for members, so I'm only too aware of their potential for savagery in the name of fitness given half a chance :lol:. One of them co-owns a mud run company and puts on an event every year so I'm really hoping he wasn't allowed on the planning committee for this - have visions of doing chest to floor burpees in a freezing stream again ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cousin just txt me asking do I fancy going to pete tong and the ridiculous orchestra tomorrow night in Dublin...:lol:

It’s rare for us to do much potentially interesting to the forum but yesterday we went to both the Printworks Afterlife afterparty at Village Underground Shoreditch and then over to Fabric for 90 minutes of Kollective Turmstrasse and an hour of Terry Francis ... it’s my birthday today and we are sleeping it off in a hotel ... Afterlife after party was a bit meh but was very impressed by Fabric ... slick entrance at 3.30am and great flow to the club and amazingly friendly crowd ... if anyone ever was in doubt about going to Fabric (as we were given some of the stories about searches etc) then I would say go for it...

99.9% after party's are wack..Happy birthday Zap:) a day of hotel room mischief after a good night out .:twisted:. Extra towels please for room 202:spank:..

Manchester Bowlers yesterday afternoon for Raver Tots. Brandon Block and Slipmatt, fun production- full lighting, confetti canons, parachute over the crowd o_O little activities around the edge of dance floor for kids. Better than some adult raves my wife and I have attended :) Over priced meal in ‘trendy’ Ramsbottom on way home and drinks with friends...left the Mrs there drinking.

Top weekend lined up in BCN. Mison & Baldelli playing on Friday and then Beautiful Swimmers & Lauer on Saturday*

(*sat on settee in world of pain, watching Netflix)

Back