Weekend Plans

Haven't posted in a while nor have I been out in about 3 months. Shocking but parenthood takes over!

Anyway, on it big time tonight. Leeds for DJ Spen b2b Karizma followed by Todd Terry.

Not had a drink since December so having it large.

Have a great weekend folks!

And so it was! Absolute masterclass from Spen and Karizma very much in the mould of Masters At Work. Shout out to Josh Butler on warm up duties as well.

Absolutely hanging today.

Had an amazing time in dortmund, the match was amazing but the people of dortmund were so friendly. Well the germans in general were extremely welcoming we're definitely going back again. Probably stay in dussledorf to try and get some techno in but I'll be taking my step lad to the game there to. Lots of kids on the terrace with mum or dad enjoying the atmosphere was quality.

Was at Ben Nicky & Alex Di Steafano at SWG3 in Glasgow on Saturday. Place was packed, around 1300 in so it was a proper sweatfest! Ben's set was good, although a bit predictable I thought.

SWG3 is a good venue I think but could really be doing with a bigger bar area. Probably saved myself from a bad hangover but the queue was horrendous all night. :cry:

Was at Ben Nicky & Alex Di Steafano at SWG3 in Glasgow on Saturday. Place was packed, around 1300 in so it was a proper sweatfest! Ben's set was good, although a bit predictable I thought.

SWG3 is a good venue I think but could really be doing with a bigger bar area. Probably saved myself from a bad hangover but the queue was horrendous all night. :cry:

Mr Nicky is predictable. But also, I can't stand him as a person. :lol:

Mr Nicky is predictable. But also, I can't stand him as a person. :lol:

Very predictable. His three most recent sets were all pretty much the exact same with the exception of a couple of tracks near the end. He did drop Cosmic Gate's Exploration of Space which holds special memories for me so that was a highlight.

Don't know him personally so can't comment on him as a person. He's had a pretty dramatic rise recently though so he's doing something right.

My missus had the decorators in all weekend. That wasn't much fun I can tell you.

I ended up patching up a bit of the paintwork that the decorators had missed, OCD in full flow!

I'll do it myself next time but the HSL is not easy for an amateur.

He has. Based entirely on other peoples work, which is a shame but I guess that's the nature of the scene.

Crazy you say that as I said the exact same thing to my mate on Saturday in our hotel room before leaving. He only has a couple tracks of his own although I do rate "Anywhere" tbf. You're bang on though, it is the nature of the scene.

He only has a couple tracks

They aren't his, they were produced by other people.
Ben Nicky doesn't know how to produce. All his work, all his mashups, are ghost produced.
The fact that he was Vandit's Artist of the Year was a joke.

They aren't his, they were produced by other people.
Ben Nicky doesn't know how to produce. All his work, all his mashups, are ghost produced.
The fact that he was Vandit's Artist of the Year was a joke.

Didn't know he used ghost producers. Sounds like you dislike him, did he pump your mrs? :lol: lol.
Out of all the artists Vandit could've picked I don't know how they arrived at him mind you!

Ashley Wallbridge stopped being a ghost producer as he wanted the recognition for his work. Still, even though you're a ghost producer, you're still going to rake it in if the track is a success.

Trip to the dump in the morning, over 40s footy semi-final in the afternoon. Swimming Sunday morning, bit of lunch and then local showing of 'The First Hippo on The Moon'.

Rock and, indeed, roll!

Back