Weekend Plans

Prydz this Friday in Newcastle, then a quiet few weeks with lots of overtime before the beast that is Awakenings Festival at the end of June :twisted:

The LCD gig was pretty good, though nowhere near as intense as their Barrowlands shows. Maybe it's an outdoors sound issue? Quite a few people just seemed to be chatting to their mates rather than watching the band too. Plus the bar queue was silly huge.

The after party wasn't well attended, but some good tunes were played. Unfortunately, one of the bouncers took a shine to me. I'd had all of half a swedger (in 2 bits, could hardly feel it) and was sitting down chilling with a drink, when the guy comes over and starts shining a torch in my direction. Then he's hanging around talking on his radio and then starts repeatedly flashing a torch at me. Another bouncer comes over. Before any questions could be asked or (worse) search attempted, I got up sharply and left. Not a massive issue, as I was for going anyway after that drink! Still a bit pissed off, though. Last time I was there, I saw people on obviously tough come ups being left alone... Maybe it depends on the night or the individual bouncer. It was so quiet, I guess they didn't have a hell of a lot to do. I barely felt drunk/swedgered at all, but when I checked my pupils back at the room, they were pretty big. I'm now weary of going back to SWG3 for another club night, which is a shame as I really wanted to do a Pressure. :cry:
This is what I mean about bands on a come back tour. You have all the people who missed the boat first time and then you have people who've seen them over the years saying this is shit I remember when they played to 90 people a bar in Hull..

This is what I mean about bands on a come back tour. You have all the people who missed the boat first time and then you have people who've seen them over the years saying this is shit I remember when they played to 90 people a bar in Hull..

They're still a great band. They were really awesome on their comeback at ibiza rocks, even if the crowd didn't give them the reception they deserve. I'm not so keen on the latest album, a few tracks from which diluted the pleasure but i guess they do have to shake up the set once in a while.

Swg3 yard is a big step up in size from barrowlands (and ibiza rocks). I think you lose intensity as venues get bigger. My theory anyway.

I like LCD but I’m less arsed these days. I agree with you JV about annoying twats talking through gigs. Does my head in.

Sounds like Alfresco was really good in Kent despite the monster storm! I really miss summer festies

Had the best weekend ever. At Center Parcs with the kids. Officially old. :lol:

Very sad to hear of the two apparently pill-related deaths in Portsmouth. And still there will be no establishment support to legalise and regulate.:cry:

Last edited:
Had the best weekend ever. At Center Parcs with the kids. Officially old. :lol:

Very sad to hear of the two apparently pill-related deaths in Portsmouth. And still they'll be no establishment support to legalise and regulate.:cry:
Was it those hearts..? Big warning about those over here last couple of weeks
IMG_20180528_212130.jpg

I’ve not seen anything saying which type they were but have seen reports of very strong ‘blue punishers’ down south so jumped to the conclusion they were simply too much for them rather than a ‘bad’ batch...will all come out soon no doubt

Heartbreaking really

Said blue efforts above were strong last summer, excellent though.

Thoughts are with the families, doubt we will see it but legalisation and regulation is the way.

Hopefully we will find the cause in time.

I like LCD but I’m less arsed these days. I agree with you JV about annoying twats talking through gigs. Does my head in.

Yah, might be my last lcd gig if they're going to play bigger and bigger venues. Not that bothered about venues which hold more than a couple of thousand people.

Yah, might be my last lcd gig if they're going to play bigger and bigger venues. Not that bothered about venues which hold more than a couple of thousand people.
If they play a big tent and not main stage ill go see them..
IMG_20180528_235815.jpg
Thunercat and warpaint in tent on monday is great news.. will go to war on drugs when warpaint finish.. as they can hold their own on main stage..our friend David kitt is kicking off things to so will go hear him for a bit.. his new jackson alter ego is playing little venue for an afters too..:)

If they play a big tent and not main stage ill go see them..
View attachment 5182
Thunercat and warpaint in tent on monday is great news.. will go to war on drugs when warpaint finish.. as they can hold their own on main stage..our friend David kitt is kicking off things to so will go hear him for a bit.. his new jackson alter ego is playing little venue for an afters too..:)

Unknown Mortal Orchestra are pretty decent.

Said blue efforts above were strong last summer, excellent though.

Thoughts are with the families, doubt we will see it but legalisation and regulation is the way.

Hopefully we will find the cause in time.

Did see some reports of 200mg-300mg blue punishers being around, so if an 18 year old girl did take 2 of them not difficult to see where it went wrong!

Pretty irresponsible for pressers to put such big doses in without any markings except maybe a breakline. But given various governments now press charges based on quantity rather than quality can see why.

Anyway decent weekend, was meant to go to Mutiny on Sunday but went to Common People in Southampton. Different vibe but quite fun. Then some naughty afters around Southampton that night...

cannot wait for this weekend...or rather for the period starting tomorrow night already.

WED - cocoon opening at pacha (after a long day of work).

THU - well I guess cocoon afters somewhere. also the first day in a while I am taking completely off work.

FRI - more cocoon fun at destino (some work beforehand though).

until here, the programme is pretty sure. then for the actual weekend...

FRI night - choice of seeing apollonia at music on or maybe going to the opening of be crazy in heart which would be closer after leaving destino? who knows. maybe nothing at all, I have a feeling we might be pretty knackered by then.

SAT - damian lazarus is guest at black coffee. he has been one of my favourite artists over the years and still is. and even though I was at hi opening last week, I hardly danced then - I was chatting all the time. that, paired with the hope of the venue not being too packed this saturday might make for a good opportunity to actually go and dance inside hi.

SUN - this doesn't stop. josh wink is guest at rumors alongside GG and then lee burridge as well as patrice bäumel are guests at saga at heart alongside bedouin.

MON - well, I really like the circoloco line up for 4th june. mano and tennis, but also the girls (jennifer, magda, margaret). and I have seen both ben klock and ricardo recently so I think if I go out that night, I will head to dc10 rather than to pyramid opening. will definitely hit up pyramid later in the season, but as it stands maybe not for the opening.

all that said, we might just have a quiet one from friday night onwards who knows. I have to admit this is the beauty of living here permanently, yes of course I miss out on a lot of events because of work (say I knew about the solomun afters yesterday for example, but I just knew I couldn't go). but on the other hand I know I have all summer to hit up all those parties I want to attend at some point...

lastly, even though it might not look like that right now when looking at this schedule above, less is more for me nowadays. I am still going out and love it, but not 5 nights a week all summer as I used to. sometimes it comes in waves when I am out lots during a period (often when friends are here), but then there are sometimes weeks where I only go out once or have 10 days absence of the clubs even.

add-on: for me personally, this week is when the season really kicks off. the line ups for some of the parties coming up in the next 7 days are amazing and the clubs should be just a tad less packed which should be fantastic :)

Just look at the calibre of artists listed in Stivi's post. Ahhh Ibiza!!

Quite weekend for me this week, the weekend after I'll be Barca bound for some chilled beach days before the off sonar antics begin.

looks like we are going to primavera now - friday night only. my arm was twisted...

the live stuff looks really shit so we'll probably spend the duration in the dance section - dekmantel, hunee, antal, daphni etc. mostly intrigued by what Mike D from the Beastie Boys will play though!

Back