Weekend Plans

My mrs and Marcus aka shit are old mates.. We're in Dublin 4&5 june for war on drugs, grizzly bear and warpaint on Monday,then shit robot and nancy Wang playing the lcd after party on Tuesday. We're not bothering with the lcd gig.. don't like seeing bands on comeback tours..they can be shit..any New Yorker remember Plant Bar nyc?

They won't be shit.. and you have the rather good Lykke Li supporting in Dublin!

Friends BBQ on Saturday... and then a very well rested Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday ahead of flying out to Ibiza on Thursday next week :D:D

I sold my WeAre Sunday tickets in the end - just didn't feel the lineup was good enough to warrant the hangover.

Friends BBQ on Saturday... and then a very well rested Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday ahead of flying out to Ibiza on Thursday next week :D:D

I sold my WeAre Sunday tickets in the end - just didn't feel the lineup was good enough to warrant the hangover.
Drove past the We are fstvl site yesterday, they’ve put up a massive aircraft hanger

Looking at taking the caravan to East Yorkshire Coast for a few days with Mrs & dog...didn’t realise it was a bank holiday and it’s proving hard to get a decent spot

We will get away though!

Climbed Ben Cleuch last night, the highest hill in the Ochils at 2363ft. Training for Ben Nevis on the 16th so this was a good walk although the climb up through the Law was a straight up 600m climb so required a couple of pit stops on the way. Walked back round and down Ben Evers so over 6m and 1000kcal burnt so a successful Tuesday. In bits today though :lol::lol::lol:

upload_2018-5-23_9-10-32.png

upload_2018-5-23_9-11-25.png
upload_2018-5-23_9-16-38.png

the festie season starts here in BCN next week, if you're into that sort of thing. (Primavera, Sonar etc) Personally, I'm sick of multi-lineup festivals, which always follow the same format, rip-off prices and annoying tourists who insist on talking (or worse, singing..) through live gigs.

However, am looking fwd to this film/party night on friday which looks like a lot of fun (if you're into old school italo/electro/disco etc)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1127456277395199/

Finish work tomorrow and then 10 days off! All Points East festival in London for me on Friday to see LCD Soundsystem. Gonna spend the rest of the weekend chilling and doing some family stuff.
Then off to Barcelona on Wednesday for Primavera. Really looking forward to some time off and some great music!

Got my best friends staying over this weekend so it’ll be good to catch up :D

(What I’m struggling to come to terms with is the fact i have to go to this Radio 1 weekend thing in Swansea, I’ll be the one in dark glasses hiding in the corner, bottle of wine and a straw - for the shock of course :lol:)

orbital are live on bbc live stream tonight so i am watching that

long walk with dogs in the morning maybe bala lake in wales

tomorrow evening i will do whatever is necessary to tune out of the football. hopefully the stain on the game that is lfc can attend a european final without causing any trouble, but i seriously doubt that....

sunday bbq in ours

monday foetus position on couch

I’m back in work tonight after 3 weeks off. Luckily only in for 3 nights then have another 2 weeks off :D

Currently in a tiny club (think half the size of one larger Sankeys) in Amsterdam with Solomun going b2! With (dark) Adrian from Adriatique .... wasn’t expecting Solomun at the adtes!

The LCD gig was pretty good, though nowhere near as intense as their Barrowlands shows. Maybe it's an outdoors sound issue? Quite a few people just seemed to be chatting to their mates rather than watching the band too. Plus the bar queue was silly huge.

The after party wasn't well attended, but some good tunes were played. Unfortunately, one of the bouncers took a shine to me. I'd had all of half a swedger (in 2 bits, could hardly feel it) and was sitting down chilling with a drink, when the guy comes over and starts shining a torch in my direction. Then he's hanging around talking on his radio and then starts repeatedly flashing a torch at me. Another bouncer comes over. Before any questions could be asked or (worse) search attempted, I got up sharply and left. Not a massive issue, as I was for going anyway after that drink! Still a bit pissed off, though. Last time I was there, I saw people on obviously tough come ups being left alone... Maybe it depends on the night or the individual bouncer. It was so quiet, I guess they didn't have a hell of a lot to do. I barely felt drunk/swedgered at all, but when I checked my pupils back at the room, they were pretty big. I'm now weary of going back to SWG3 for another club night, which is a shame as I really wanted to do a Pressure. :cry:

Last edited:
Back