Weekend Plans

First weekend off the beer for 5 weeks until chapter 12 at rainbow. Been on it in liverpool, newcastle and reading the last 3 weekend for the football. Season ticket holder at west bromwich albion. For my sins!

I'm going to Edinburgh for the weekend, have no plans other than drinking copious amounts of alcohol and trying to find a decent club.
Any suggestions would be good

Pearsound Sound at The Mash House.

Shame you're not in Glasgow the Pressure lineup is superb!

Gonna have epic weekend.

Been sat in a Health and Safety training course for the last 2 weeks, intense.

So got 2 exams tomorrow at the end of this.

Then it's back to where I studied at university 16 years ago and one of the biggest parties in the country of that era Passion@loughborough students union 21st Birthday party.

Marco V, Scott Bond, Thrillseekers, Guy Ornadel, manuel le saux, Agnelli and Nelson. Trance classics.

Went to an indie night on Saturday. Got very drunk.
...Marco V, Scott Bond, Thrillseekers, Guy Ornadel, manuel le saux, Agnelli and Nelson. Trance classics.

How was it? I spotted JFK playing a 5 minute set from 3.55 - 4am. Did the party go on longer than four?
Or was Jason just stroking his ego so he could play the last track?

Went to an indie night on Saturday. Got very drunk.

How was it? I spotted JFK playing a 5 minute set from 3.55 - 4am. Did the party go on longer than four?
Or was Jason just stroking his ego so he could play the last track?
It was amazing. One of the best nights ever.

It was a 6pm - 4am event. We went from 9

9-10 Guy Ornadel
10-11 JFK
11-12 Agnelli and Nelson
12-1 Marco V
1-2.30 Scott Bond

We stayed for 20 mins of the Thrillseekers and left just before 3.

Manuel le saux pulled out so Bond did a bit extra and JFK and friends booked to do last bit back to back. Not sure how long it went for.

All in all a great night, having it in Loughborough Union was strange as experienced passion so many times at Coalville 1998-2002 but studied at Loughborough also at the same time and went to many nights at the union too.

Excellent atmosphere and great tunes. Marco V smashed it.

What I would give for a night like this in Ibiza these days

Hard to come by these days sadly :(
And even in the UK, it can still be a big risk. If I had another £10k to play with per event... :lol:

Last edited:
What I would give for a night like this in Ibiza these days
Yea I can understand the risk is huge with trance these days unless your a brand like ASOT or Cream. Passion for me was huge back in the day but was still a niche of sorts.

Yea I can understand the risk is huge with trance these days unless your a brand like ASOT or Cream. Passion for me was huge back in the day but was still a niche of sorts.

Now I just find passion to be an ego stroking session for JFK

Now I just find passion to be an ego stroking session for JFK
Entitled to your opinion.

I met him in Glasgow around 2000
And he was proper nice to me.

I know there has been a bit of politics with the trance promoters in recent years.

Personally I prefer to stay out of it.

Passion has given me soo many great memories over the years.

Entitled to your opinion.

I met him in Glasgow around 2000
And he was proper nice to me.

I know there has been a bit of politics with the trance promoters in recent years.

Personally I prefer to stay out of it.

Passion has given me soo many great memories over the years.

Well it's not Passion anymore for example, it's now JFK presents Passion. And the fact that in the original set times, he cut off 5 minutes of Manny's set so he could play the last song of the night (After having played after two of his headliners so he could have a peak time slot).
I'm dubious. Thing is Passion used to be run by other promoters back in the day, then JFK stepped away.

I'm very much looking forward to The Emporium for Pure Trance. I'm playing too, so equally fun.

Well it's not Passion anymore for example, it's now JFK presents Passion. And the fact that in the original set times, he cut off 5 minutes of Manny's set so he could play the last song of the night (After having played after two of his headliners so he could have a peak time slot).
I'm dubious. Thing is Passion used to be run by other promoters back in the day, then JFK stepped away.

I'm very much looking forward to The Emporium for Pure Trance. I'm playing too, so equally fun.

For me 3 things make up Passion

1 - The DFOP are the lifeblood if the club and you could tell from this event they were there in force. Everybody who was there were genuine DFOPs .

2 - For me and many others JFK was and still is the man behind Passion.

3 - the venue. The Emporium was amazing and the fact it had a whole room dedicated to chill out with playstations and sofas etc. The see through toilet and fish tanks. The podiums and bongos.

Unfortunately Passiom isn't at the Emporium anymore but the students union was Infact a great place to hold it. Lots of seating and still whole areas to chill out meant it still felt like the total passion experience.

I hope you have an amazing time at the Emporium and your set is well received. Good luck what an amazing opportunity to play there very jealous.

@Ikoda an indie nighto_O how are things back in 1989...:)

At £3 a double, cheap. Shows how much the dance clubs like to rip their punters off really.

Passion was the Emporium. Always will be, even though I never went.
Same as Godskitchen was Air, The Gallery was turnmills. Now they are two clubs I miss.

This weekend I'm off to Leciester to play for Equinox. Warming up for Svenson (from Airscape / Svenson & Gielen) and Dan Stone.

Back