Weekend Plans

Did the Social in Kent. Decent venue, great line up and all in all good fun. Crowd looked a bit moody but didn't see any trouble or attitude. A lot of people 'over doing' it though quite early on so thinned the dance floors out a bit late on.

Some really quality sets. Nina Kraviz played some nasty, filthy weird techno, Eats Everything & Yousef B2B for 3
Hours was quality. Joris Voorn & Nic Fancuilli was very good too. Played some quite obscure oldies too which reminded me of old Ibiza trips.

Finally got to see Steve Lawler who got it spot on for the time of day. High energy and really fun. Also finally got to see Maya Jane Coles who played a big housey set. Finally Adam Beyer on last destroyed the place, full of chuggy techno that seemed to be picking up BPM as his set went on. All sets were at least 1.5hours too which was nice, as opposed to 1 hour / 1 hour 15 you get a lot now

Good fun for a rainy Saturday in February

I did The Social as well, these are always good value.

I found the crowd good, met some great people, defo a few that peaked very early, they looked really young though.

Personally I didn't get Nina's set at all, worst one I have ever seen from her and killed my vibe until Nic & Joris came on.

Sound was good in the main room and defo agree with the 1.5 - 2 hour set minimum, I wish more promotors would follow adhere to that format

Awakenings was brilliant. Rodhad, Gary Beck and Clouds were spot on.

Music in the main was very quiet but extremely clear.

Really enjoyed Monkey Safari as well. Nice, warm techno.

Crowd was very reserved compared to me going for it big time.

A very messy night.

DS? How was it?

Good fun. Ended up leaving around 3am as it got too boshy for my liking. Really bored of aggressive trance these days.
Super8 & Tab and Adam Ellis were both very good. Even Emery played a decent (if not slightly cheesy) set.
I actually found JoC a bit boring.
Oakenfold was wankered before getting on stage. We left when he came on

Anyone going to Garnier and Dettman etc at Oval space (london) on 19th?? Im very tempted but havent got a ticket yet and I think they'll be gone very soon. I know a coupe people going but Im umming and aahring...

edit - just bit the bullet and got 2x tickets

Last edited:
Anyone going to Garnier and Dettman etc at Oval space (london) on 19th?? Im very tempted but havent got a ticket yet and I think they'll be gone very soon. I know a coupe people going but Im umming and aahring...

Yes mate I'll be there. Can't bloody wait!

This weekend... will be playing on the radio in Brighton.
Then drinking with my flat mate for his big 3 0.

Definitely. .the last one we had was called Roscoe:confused: so we added the P Coltrane after the Sheriff in Dukes of hazzard..

Has this actually been confirmed?
Really odd - his first London set for time and they've got him on warm up duties..

Hmm just had an email from Oval Space confirming doors at 9 and he has an extended set on the first slot...was so looking forward to this! Now not sure about it...Dettmann and Radio Slave still good but was expecting Garnier closing or at least playing peak time.

Nothing planned anytime soon, but I'm going to fabric for Dettmann/MDR records and Capriati on 9/4, can't wait for that. Wanted to see Dettmann for absolutely ages and it sort of kicks off my events for this year with WE ARE FSTVL in May and then Ibiza in July...

Really want to get to Berlin this year too at some point, kidding myself I'm going to get into Berghain first time.... :cool:

Back