Weekend Plans

how much did you pay for the flybooard ?
was a reservation neccessary for amante ?
what is "SUP" ?
how was hush ?

Flyboard - 80Euros cash (it's 70 in San An) / no reservation just rocked up once I finally found them, right outside LIPS where the black flags are. Got a phone number now - can do it all year round ;)

Amante - Rocked up. No reservation needed for me, just flashed a smile.

Hush - picky on the door but almost empty inside.... the West End as it was is no longer. Great music though !!!

SUP - the nicest and most peaceful way to watch the sunset

14212778_1208437735889543_1227948029084347708_n.jpg

Doh! o_O:oops: I actually started doing that with a mate quite peaceful..

It's really relaxing. Just a case of finding decent low-wind conditions and flattish water in UK/Ireland (unless you enjoy surfing waves), not the easiest task on our coasts :mad:. You should give it a go in Ibiza when you're out there - a whole different level of enjoyment !

so you see, boys and girls, no need to set a foot inside a club to have a good time!

Those who know .... ;) :D One more night & I'd likely have succumbed to Solomun + Ame @ Pacha but got stuff to do tomorrow so wasn't really on the cards ! This was like those really crazy packed-out last-minute trips a few years ago haha. No boat charter needed so came back with 500 Euros left in my wallet too. :eek: So much to see and do on the island if you're ever bored for a minute you're probably doing it all wrong :cool:.

I knew it wasn't a good idea :eek:

Come on, let's have the details ....

is that for 30 minutes ?

From arriving, yes thereabouts. You first have to borrow an impact vest and head cap, get hooked up to the jetski at the beach then get a 'push' out to beyond the 2nd yellow buoys from the hydraulic pressure hose (no swimming effort required !). It can be pretty knackering and to be honest - for most people 15-20 minutes or so is plenty in the water. Once your legs start tiring you don't fly so well anyway. Just invest in one session to get the basics of it nailed and then the next ones get better and better with much more time in the air practicing control and skills rather than crashing into the sea. Was my 6th or 7th go (losing track) so by that stage you can just have fun.

can you already perform loopings and such stuff ?

Lol. Haven't tried a backflip yet - was very tempted to have a go this time but after 1 hour's sleep in 28 hours by the time I got there was happy just to mess about and wake up :lol:. I can do the dolphin thing it's very easy, also got the hang of turns and lateral/altitude control a lot better. Guys in Menorca made me drill turns and practice control at low altitude for almost a whole session in July and filmed some of it. Found it all a lot easier after doing that. Not so much fun for people watching but I'm not doing it to please them haha.

... I can do the dolphin thing it's very easy ...
wonder how dangerous all these flyboard-shows are respectively that nobody broke his neck so far when performing at quite small pools like nikkibeach, jacarandalounge, destino etcpp !?

wonder how dangerous all these flyboard-shows are respectively that nobody broke his neck so far when performing at quite small pools like nikkibeach, jacarandalounge, destino etcpp !?

Probably no more risky than one of the dancers falling off a podium in their sky-high stilettos to be completely honest ! The guys performing at those shows are stunt-fliers and have pretty good control of their equipment.

Last edited:
Haven't been out for ages but only one week to go then it's Moondance in London. Big day of sport tomorrow tempted to get on it.

Early 7am start and off to bournmouth tommorow for the football, staying down there for one night catch the boxing then hit the bars a good weekend on the piss beckons.

Back