Weekend Plans

As planned. Fri meal with folks, Sat bike ride, day + eve in beer garden.

Sunday, 30k of rocky single track mountain bike pain in Penmachno. Took 5 hours! 5 punctures between us. Need a full suspension bike.

Personally I had 1 puncture and came off four times. Once my bike ended up 4 metres down the side, thanks christ i came off it in time. Covered in bruises, but that warm job well done feeling.

I have a Trek it is a good bike and not hard or the wallet.

I have a Trek it is a good bike and not hard or the wallet.

qTLDJq1aOwXsNiKiuqh2pU0heKgRIlvjxPPcec6n_9MI8aHXzzE9095dOkN2QNMujDCWrIPahDHsViReQ6xWHp1vq_BA4q9jiJJPiKhTrLKp1GF7x7oDkdRVEtMeeJbJiHnOxiJ5MNMLBu5F2Hizpiizv3EAZ02rQAEF0YMAy2HgU1EovH1N1rO6q494sZ5Aq50EGpGQBpYs5Gbs0C39

Ditto :D

I have a 6300, couple of months old. Frighteningly quick, hence the number of times i came off.....

I'm off to Morzine to do it properly in a few months - this kind of thing 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXJVwowgIg

So, this weekend was a pretty big one for me. ASOT. And wow, what a night.
This is a bit of a long one.

Friday: Stuck with the plan of doing nothing. Booked a hire car, got everything else in order, and hit the sack about 1am.

Saturday: Dragged myself out of bed at 11am. Due to the constant war of sound between me and my downstairs neighbors, I turned on my 500w home cinema system to HeatBeat's set from Argentina last weekend. Got ready, then walked up to the train station.
Got a train into central Leeds, then from there, to Liverpool South Parkway. Then got a bus from the station to Liverpool John Lennon. Dull airport, but it had a subway. That made it worth while. Landed in Amsterdam Schipol at 7.25, 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

Waited for my friend, who had flown in from Orlando, and went to get a hire car. Got an automatic Peugeot 308 1.6 litre. No power to it what so ever, but considering this is my first time driving a left hand drive car on the wrong side of the road, I was happy with it. Drove the hour drive down to Den Bosch.

Outside the venue, was a little conservatory. Armin was already broadcasting the show by this point. A small crew were outside, surrounding him, evidently star struck. Carried on, and entered ASOT.

First place we went to was to see Arnej, already pumping out serious tunage. Walked in to him playing Da Hool - Meet her on the love parade, which I haven't heard for years.
Stayed with him for ten minutes, then went on to see Arty. He's a 21 year old, in the main arena, already playing to atleast 15,000 people. What a career to have! Can say i'm a tad bit jealous, I'd love to be able to play to that many people (if the nerves didn't kill me first). Caught a bit of DJ Eco, then the last of Arnej. Saw Andy moor, Alex M.O.R.P.H (who was far better than the last time I saw him), and Estivia. Estivia was playing in Room 4, which was quiet. Which was a shame, he was playing an amazing set.

From there, saw a bit of Orjan Nielson, and saw 10 minutes of Paul Oakenfold. Wasn't that interested in seeing Oakie, as I'd saw him last year, and his set was pretty bland. Went back to the main arena, to catch Markus Schulz closing. As per usual, I wasn't that impressed. (Not a big fan of Schulz), watched the entire Above & Beyond set. An amazing set. The atmosphere for their set for electric, with Pavo continually writing messages out to the crowd using the LED screens.
Saw the first part of Armin's set, which was pretty bangining. Didn't stay for longer than 15 minutes. I did Armin Only last November, which was 9 hours of just him. Can't say I want to see him again until at least Ibiza.

From Armin, we went on to Cosmic Gate, who had just dropped Feel it by Ferry Corsten. Had been unsure on this song, but hearing it on a night out, with an immense crowd, made the song make sense.
Went to see the end of Sied Van Riel, and stayed for the opening of Myon & Shane 54. Hadn't seem them before, and they were very good. Will be seeing them again.

Signum was next on the list. Saw him a few months ago at OTR, and he blew the roof off. And did so again, dropping some incredibly hard tracks, with some amazing melodies. From here, went to see Marc Simz, who has had a good 12 months, havind produced some good songs, such as Forbidden City, and then Gareth Emery. Finished off by seeing Daniel Kandi, who played another good set, Sean Tyas, and then W&W, (neither of which I thought were that great, to be honest) then left.

Sunday: Upon leaving, I had the full reverse journey of the day before. Except it took 4 hours longer due to my flight being at mid day. Took me 12 hours to get home.

Monday: Slept.

tl;dr: Amazing night. Will be doing this again.

Our David Lloyd charges £80 a month!

Cripes! Thats a lot of money. You'd need to go every day and use ALL the facilities to get your money's worth :(

I pay £22...it's a right rough old gym, but I only get to attend the classes for that. I hate the treadmill, stepper etc and I don't want to grunt and sweat in the free weights area with all the muscle heads so it suits me :D

Cripes! Thats a lot of money. You'd need to go every day and use ALL the facilities to get your money's worth :(

I pay £22...it's a right rough old gym, but I only get to attend the classes for that. I hate the treadmill, stepper etc and I don't want to grunt and sweat in the free weights area with all the muscle heads so it suits me :D

That price does cover everything but yeah bit extreme......

My boyfriend has a discounted membership of David Lloyd as his friend works there, he went to take me in for a day pass they wanted £15 :eek:

I pay £15 a month for my gym but it is in a local hotel.
Decent size cardio and weights room with all the machines you require for a decent workout.
Also has a pool, sauna & jacquzzi too, never really gets overly busy either which is good.

p_y_5.gif
Here is my bike.

The photo keeps dropping off. arrrggg. I have a Trek Y5

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to pay about £40 a month for my gym, that included classes but I quit as once I started working in London I was knackered by the time I got home, was a real effort to get in, drive to the gym, do a class, get home, have dinner go bed. I became lazy :D

I pay 46 quid a month :eek: but wont even consider leaving my gym for a cheaper gym because its like a second home to me and the guys in there are like my family :oops: the banter that goes on on my fb between myself and fellow gym members is hilarious, i wouldnt wana leave me beef cakes, thats for sure :lol:

I know someone who pays 120 a month :eek: clearly earns toooo much money :lol:

I find the gym boring, eating healthy and alot of walking is cheaper and easier.

There is 2 gyms in leeds that is only £16 a month and no contract, all the latest classes and equipment too, I have good intention for about 2 weeks then don't go for ages. I get lazy :lol:

Fitness First = £22 per month. Might not be the flashiest gym on the scene but for 22 nicker I am not going to find fault. Have never once had to wait to use treadmill, x-trainer etc. Could not imagine paying more than £40 per month tbh, would just go out running.

I pay £35 for a Leeds bodyline gym.
All the gyms around me are expensive. Fitness first is a £40 pcm, 12 month contract

I pay £35 for a Leeds bodyline gym.
All the gyms around me are expensive. Fitness first is a £40 pcm, 12 month contract

Same as me - as in they are all expensive.

I can do a deal with one in London and get membership back home too but still looking at about £50 and not sure I want to go after work or in my lunch break and come back all sweaty :eek:

Same as me - as in they are all expensive.

I can do a deal with one in London and get membership back home too but still looking at about £50 and not sure I want to go after work or in my lunch break and come back all sweaty :eek:

£50 for a gym that doesn't have showers?!!

Guessing you start work at 8 or nine Emma? Surely early train from sunny Essex (with added no crowds bonus) and morning stint at a London gym before work would be ideal?

for my leisure centre in stokey I paid £411 for the whole year. I'm going about 3/4 times a week at the moment, but it's a real struggle to be arsed as it's so relentlessly boring

for my leisure centre in stokey I paid £411 for the whole year. I'm going about 3/4 times a week at the moment, but it's a real struggle to be arsed as it's so relentlessly boring

Hit the nail on the head with the gym. It is a so boring!
Once the thrill of being there dies off after a week or two, the monotamy kicks in and it drags.

Back