URGENT APPEAL!!

Robder

I've just heard on another thread that the legendary Circoloco 8) are going to be letting JUDGE JULES grace their turntables??!!?!? :evil: :x :eek:

Can you believe it? Nor can I! :eek: :eek:

The solution....?
I urge you to email:

andreapelino@hotmail.com

to beg and plead with her not to go ahead with any bookings from this hideous beast of a dj.
(I found the address on the Circoloco web site so my guess is that it goes through to a promoter) :D

apparently he said it on his radio show...
but this is second hand info so I'm hoping you're right.
I'm positive he would get booed off anyway.

It wants be a wind up, better not be there when I go or I might be tempted to deck dive onto him to shut him up, what is the world coming to!!!

Robder said:
apparently he said it on his radio show...
but this is second hand info so I'm hoping you're right.
I'm positive he would get booed off anyway.

He would defo get booed off, there's no way he would last longer than
one tune (and believe you me, when I use the word tune, I use it
extremely loosely!)

Let him play – just once! :eek:

The reaction he will get from the DC10 crowd may be enough to put him off Djing for life. He might go into early retirement and never show his ugly face in public ever again. :lol:

I'd let the guy have a go just for the novelty factor as he'd have to go tribal and twisted to pull it off. He'd never be able to get away with knocking out trance and hard house at Circo Loco, ever.

I'd love to be there to see what happens though. :p

Let him play, he WILL be good.

When he dosnt play dodgy trance to his usual crowd he is good. Everyone who heard him in the funky room at Eden last year liked him, he was good playing old skool/breaks at Homelands, everyone liked him at the Garlands Space closing party last year.

You all assume that what you hear of him on the radio/judgement sundays/Gods is all he can do, but as this is what he is booked/expected to play then he cant really change his style too much.

Put him somewhere where he can play what he wants and have a good time doing it and he is a different DJ all together!

Far too many people jump on the "lets have a dig at Jules cause its the cool thing to do bandagon".

People should make their own opinions instead of just propogating widely known ones.

gecko2 said:
Are you sure they didn't say that they were banning him from going anywhere near DC10??????

I'd let the guy have a go just for the novelty factor as he'd have to go tribal and twisted to pull it off. He'd never be able to get away with knocking out trance and hard house at Circo Loco, ever.

I'd love to be there to see what happens though. :p

Like i say, he wouldnt play trance/hard house :p

I used to listen to his radio show on Kiss 100, and he was not so bad then. I would record many of the tunes he played, and this was when I was into old skool house and garage, so it was far from rubbish. Dont know what happend to him, but like many others I guess people sell out, maybe the music he plays out isnt the 'real' him, that he has become a parody of himself, and if you had a private session with him, where he let the 'judge' go, maybe he would show you a real piece of mastery to his trade. Then again, maybe not..... :rolleyes: At least he has been in the game along time and used to be respected.

I used to like Jules in the early 90's before he went all trancy, and I also used to enjoy his show on Kiss.
Give him a chance, he will be good at DC10

N8 said:
Far too many people jump on the "lets have a dig at Jules cause its the cool thing to do ban*beep*n".

People should make their own opinions instead of just propogating widely known ones.

I have seen him play quite a few times (unfortunately) and I am definitely saying this as my own opinion – the guy is utter shite and is a complete idiot.

I’ve seen him do a funky set before (he came on after Danny Rampling on the spur of the moment) and I’ve never seen a room empty quicker.

I’ve only ever seen him do one so maybe they’re usually better but he seemed to just fling on one cheesy crowd pleaser after another, without any real thought to it.

I think he needs to be heard whe he's not playing what people expect him to, when he's free to do his own thing, like at Garlands/Space and at Homelands, i imagine he's be the same at DC10.......

I totally disagree - I have heard his 'funky' sets and personally I dont see how someone who doesnt appreciate the kind of music and environment they are playing in can possibly play a quality set.

How can Judge Cheese possibly compete with the DC10 DJ's when he has no appreciation for the music.

This is not some cool view I have because other people say it - if you look at any of my other posts relating to music you will see this.

But please dont make comments like - 'Let Fergie do the Minstry Soul heaven nights cos he can do a good soulful house set !!!!' - The principle is the same !!!

Let people like Judge Cheese keep doing what he is good at - playing the latest popular crossover house/trance/whatever records to people who dont really care what they listen to or if they do havent got the knowledge to make an informed choice.

I think Jules has got an appreciation of House/breaks/progressive stuff which is why he has choosen to play somewhere where he can play that kinda stuff.

He cant in his own night/godskitchen/crasher/wherever because people go to those to hear him play trancey/hard stuff.

He dosnt have to go and play an unannounced set at homelands, or turn up and play for free at space or dc10. If he's doing these gigs then surely then only reason why is becuase he wants to and enjoys them and the music.

Aside from his music why does he feel the need to make all those silly gesture to the crowd while he’s playing?

I’m all for getting the crowd going but is there really any need for doing stuff like pretending he’s praying. :rolleyes:

Are we missing the point here ?

Which ever way you dress it up - Judge Jules cant mix - his music selection is the lowest common denominator of house/trance/whatever - and his production/releases are of the type that make me feel embarrassed when people ask me what music I like and they say 'Oh yeah - Hi-Gate , blah , blah' ....

There is no argument - you simply cant compare with people along the lines of MAW, H-Foundation, Morgan Geist, Naked Music, e.t.c. e.t.c. e.t.c.

He is Vauxhall Conference compared to the Premier League ...

Back