URGENT APPEAL!!

Haha !! Sorry to rant. I am the resident music freak and get a bit wound up about things like this !!!

Probably something to do with my age aswell. It's not as good as it used to be blah blah.

And if you were going to the Ministry around 93 you may remember the Friday nights when it was called 'Open' with the likes of DJ Pierre , Jim Masters, Danny Tenaglia, Armand Van Helden (pre cheese days).

They were quality nights.

Anyway - nice to meet u !!!

:D

comin' at ya said:
Armand Van Helden (pre cheese days).

Indeed - I saw van heldon (sounds like a dracula character!) in the back room in Cream in 94....was superb, really sticks in the memory actually. he was on instead of Carl Cox.

judge jules is still a muppet.
8)

I was most likely there that night aswell !!!! I remember him playing Witch Doctor (Possessed Mix) - which is a qulaity record !!

I also remember seeing Josh Wink - he played an excellent set. Really off the wall stuff.

comin' at ya said:
Haha !! Sorry to rant. I am the resident music freak and get a bit wound up about things like this !!!

Probably something to do with my age aswell. It's not as good as it used to be blah blah.

And if you were going to the Ministry around 93 you may remember the Friday nights when it was called 'Open' with the likes of DJ Pierre , Jim Masters, Danny Tenaglia, Armand Van Helden (pre cheese days).

Anyway - nice to meet u !!!

:D
I remember Open, went there a couple of times, but it was usually Rulin(seem to remember it was called that then too?) for me. I prefered the music on Saturday, but the crowd was ment to be nicer on Fridays, more chilled/down to earth. You got a lot of pretension/tourists on Saturday , but I didnt really care in the early days. It was all good to me.

Im glad you managed to shut me up. I was getting a bit worried myself here. You would think I was Julses Mum or something.

Cheers, and nice to meet you all :)

comin' at ya said:
I was most likely there that night aswell !!!! I remember him playing Witch Doctor (Possessed Mix) - which is a qulaity record !!

I also remember seeing Josh Wink - he played an excellent set. Really off the wall stuff.

Nice one. i used to love Cream back in those days....music policy was really cutting edge. I think you might be right about those guys playing on the same night !- even though it was ages ago it sounds about right.
Am reminded of another great time in the back room when Carl Cox dropped a tune called "i love America" into the middle of one of his epic tough sets....was pretty emotional for everyone there.

i dont really like his music but i wish him the best of luck there :)
he seems like a nice person to me (not that i know him well hehe)
but he seems decent

I bet you though if he started wearing a disguise (dodgy nose, glasses and wig) and maybe changed his style so nobody knew him people would think differently. Just an honest opinion. ;)

What your all forgetting about the Judge is he seems to be a business man before a DJ.

Hes getting on now for a scene saturated with the latest new kid on the block and he (right or wrong) is trying to make as much cash as possible. Not many DJ's seem to be at the top for a long time, playing the massive clubs and festivals so why not get as much from it as you can.

Everyone might think hes a tit but 90% is probably a stage personality

I doubt very much he gives a shit that everyone thinks hes a cheese merchant as he flies around the world to yet another high paid job

I dont think we are forgetting all the above at all. We werent discussing how much he gets or anything like that - just that he is a cheesemaster.

And like you say if he know that he is then he shouldnt be allowed anywhere near DC10. Leave the kids and large lumps of stilton in San An and leave DC10 , Pacha and Space for the grown ups !!!

:D :D

comin' at ya said:
I dont think we are forgetting all the above at all. We werent discussing how much he gets or anything like that - just that he is a cheesemaster.

And like you say if he know that he is then he shouldnt be allowed anywhere near DC10. Leave the kids and large lumps of stilton in San An and leave DC10 , Pacha and Space for the grown ups !!!

:D :D

Couldn't agree more. When you go somewhere decent like DC10, you really don't expect the king of cheese to be there.

Neil said:
What your all forgetting about the Judge is he seems to be a business man before a DJ.

Hes getting on now for a scene saturated with the latest new kid on the block and he (right or wrong) is trying to make as much cash as possible. Not many DJ's seem to be at the top for a long time, playing the massive clubs and festivals so why not get as much from it as you can.

Everyone might think hes a tit but 90% is probably a stage personality

I doubt very much he gives a shit that everyone thinks hes a cheese merchant as he flies around the world to yet another high paid job

Nail on the head, thank you very much. Finally someone who understands. ;) And me thinks, he is getting fed up with doing it for the money, hence what I said earlier, going back to his roots and doing it for the LOVE. :D

gecko2 said:
I bet you though if he started wearing a disguise (dodgy nose, glasses and wig) and maybe changed his style so nobody knew him people would think differently. Just an honest opinion. ;)

they might do you know. if noone recognised him, he was just this unknown DJ, pulling of this blinding set left, right and centre, you would be well surprised to find out he used to be the father of cheese.

BOTTOM LINE, guys & gals, they wouldnt let him play in DC10, if they didnt believe he could pull it off, would they now. hmmmmm..... :p

NO, if he was, do you really think they would let him play there?

He will play as totally different set and act in a totally different way and everyone will be all smiles, as soon as they realise he aint the Jules they thought he was.

The crowd, he usually pulls wouldnt turn up there, it aint their scene and they probably wouldnt even know about it. Even if a few turned up, they would hate it, as the music & crowd is so far removed from what they are used to. They would boooo at Judge and leave the building promptly, while the regulars would cheer. haha. Well maybe anyway. :p

Positive thinking never hurt anyone. ;)

Back