[UNVRS] Ibiza 2025

things you hear through the grapevine

...one room only...
...8k capacity...
...afterlife, obviously...
...elrow, paradise and more rumoured...a certain big man with long hair is amongst them rumours as well.

for the rest - as with everything TNL does, a great marketing campaign for a product that's in the end 100% soulless sadly and is far from any of the ibiza vibe us few old complaining folks got between the nineties and circa 2010, or maybe pushed to 2015-18
If they had a lot of smaller quirky rooms off the main one, that might give it some character. One of the charms of space was the random rooms and routes to them.

des choses que vous entendez par le bouche à oreille

...une seule pièce...
...capacité de 8 000...
...l'au-delà, évidemment...
...elrow, paradis et plus encore...un certain grand homme aux cheveux longs fait également partie de ces rumeurs.

pour le reste - comme pour tout ce que fait TNL, une belle campagne marketing pour un produit qui est au final 100% sans âme malheureusement et qui est loin de l'ambiance d'Ibiza que nous, quelques vieux râleurs, avons eu entre les années 90 et 2010 environ, ou peut-être repoussée à 2015-18
Why Paradise ?

Paradise is disappointing, went to it last year, first time at amnesia in years (And any of the traditional big clubs generally) and I enjoyed it, Jamie Jones on that terrace works well. Busy but not horrible. Money talks I guess.

Me and the mrs went to paradise a couple years ago, the music is a bit lightweight for me but it was rammed, the busiest I’ve ever seen amnesia, so busy we had to climb over the railings at the back of the terrace to get out.

8k in one room is ambitious, getting the sound right will be a technical headache.

That's a very optimistic take on Ibiza as it stands and I'm not sure if I agree with it. I'm as of today 27 and have spent every year of my life coming to the island. I started to put hairs on my chest with Carl Cox's revolution with my brother when I was 15 so call it a good 12 years of going to the clubs.

The music has changed alongside the crowd and from this I'm starting to believe that Ibiza is a reflection of what society is today. In my opinion this is an ugly, hollow, money and image crazed mess who are fixated on documenting their lives for validation rather than living in the moment and embracing the magic of the island.

The clubs merely cater to this hence why what used to be space a place vibrating from the dancing and energy amongst other things (if anyone remembers the grey music ons they'll know what I'm talking about ;)) is now a sea of people filming/standing. For a place that is horrendously overcrowded it's never felt more empty.

I think this is the terminus for the overpriced Ibiza they've been selling since 2017 as they'll eventually outprice the young punters who would have filled the clubs and the rest will be history.

I think the name is cringe as it gets personally. Centre of the universe is probably exactly their demographic, ironic it used to all be about being at one with it...
Really refreshing to read, especially as youre someone close to the demographic this forum cant stand, but you clearly get it ... tell your pals and tell them to tell theirs

things you hear through the grapevine

...one room only...
...8k capacity...
...afterlife, obviously...
...elrow, paradise and more rumoured...a certain big man with long hair is amongst them rumours as well.

for the rest - as with everything TNL does, a great marketing campaign for a product that's in the end 100% soulless sadly and is far from any of the ibiza vibe us few old complaining folks got between the nineties and circa 2010, or maybe pushed to 2015-18
In conclusion A BIG shit ... but much more expensive than other shit like Hi & Ushuaia

The knock on effect of this? If Amnesia lose Paradise and Elrow, if Pacha lose Solomun…plus say other nights end up getting sucked into Hi to plug gaps there…Solid Grooves etc?

assuming one or more of those rumoured moves comes off, it hurts the club who club who loses them, that goes without saying. but what it does guarantee is the biggest shake up in years - and I personally think that is overdue
Was thinking the same thing - could be exciting (but invariably tough) times elsewhere

assuming one or more of those rumoured moves comes off, it hurts the club who club who loses them, that goes without saying. but what it does guarantee is the biggest shake up in years - and I personally think that is overdue

Agree. We go through these shake-ups every now and then. 2011 when Ushuaia started, 2013 was huge change too! Others will know a lot more than me on other years.

My view is that since 2019 (I know we lost 2 years), not much has really changed. Same DJs, same nights on repeat.

If UNVRS takes some nights, it creates new opportunities too in the other clubs.

Who takes the Sunday slot at Pacha for example if Solomun leaves? Bedouin? Keinemusik?

One thing is for sure the Winter 2024/25 Gossip with be HOT!

Today's newspapers: DDI (front) + PdIyF (front & back)...

IMG-20240820-071657.jpg
The whole back cover on both today, to make clear who's the boss here...

IMG-20240821-084559.jpg

... anyway, the best bit on today's newspapers is the article of music journo Jordi Bianciotto on DDI!

The whole back cover on both today, to make clear who's the boss here...

IMG-20240821-084559.jpg

... anyway, the best bit on today's newspapers is the article of music journo Jordi Bianciotto on DDI!
Genuine question- why do they feel the need to advertise to local Ibicencos via the paper when their target market surely isn't reading either of these?

Edit- dodgy spelling

Back