Two days left of my twenties

Mark Sun said:
It's not really the getting old bit (though I dreamed a few nights ago that all my hair fell out haha), it what Morbyd said - time running out to do stuff... better get cracking!!

Mark, I suffered the biggest 30's crisis ever two years ago, as lots of my friends did :eek:

The worst part is when you think: "when I was 15 I imagined my life would be that way but it's totally different, I haven't done anything it was in my to do's list and I'm a totally different persone of what I imagined I would be". But once you recover of the shock, it's fine.
I realised that life goes quicker and quicker the older you get, so the solution is "carpe diem"

I hope it makes any sense :confused:

Scoobie said:
Robder said:
Easy for me to say but I think 30 is a fantastic age to be...people are soooo much sexier in their 30s too if they've managed to look after themselves.

thats us lot buggered then :lol:

PMSL :lol: :lol:

Silvia - that's pretty much how I feel, except I am actually quite happy with what I have done with my life so far... but I want MORE! ;)

Definitely Carpe Diem! That's why I don't sleep much :lol:

Mark Sun said:
Silvia - that's pretty much how I feel, except I am actually quite happy with what I have done with my life so far... but I want MORE! ;)

Exactly, you haven't done anything you planned when you were 15 but I bet you you have done lots of things you didn't plan at that time :D

And the 70's generations are like a good Rioja, the elder the better ;) :lol:

silvia said:
when I was 15 I imagined my life would be that way but it's totally different, I haven't done anything it was in my to do's list and I'm a totally different persone of what I imagined I would be
That is Definitely true :lol:
Had no idea back then I'd end up out here! Or having done some of the things I've done. 8)

I can't wait to be 30, I imagine myself waking up on the morning of my 30th, pink random Babs has gone and in her place is a sophisticated ladieeeeee :lol:

Barbie said:
I can't wait to be 30, I imagine myself waking up on the morning of my 30th, pink random Babs has gone and in her place is a sophisticated ladieeeeee :lol:

Do you really belive that's going to happpend? :eek: :lol: :lol: ;)

babs: yeah, right 8) :D 8)

mark, i found the hardest thing about 30 was the run up to it. all those what have i done/am i doing with my life thoughts are inexcapable. it's no bad ting to take stock every now and then.

it's a marathon, not a sprint. and you aint hit the wall (yet)

im gonna be 40 soon!!!!!!

How many people here were born in 1975? I was and I'm leaving my 20's in October.

Time flies, Mark, but you have to feel comfortable with the life you have today, because it's an outcome of all your choices. The life you live today is the life you chose, wether or not you're aware of it...

If you wanna do something different, go do it! The world is for those who are born to conquer it, not for those who dream they can, even though they might be right.

Love life and whatever you do, do quickly!

Mark Sun said:
I want to write a Booker prize winning novel

I want to write an Oscar winning screenplay

I want to be the DJing demigod

I want to be the next Chemical Brothers crossover electronica act

I want to meet a girl who's sassy, intelligent, beautiful and laughs at my jokes

I want to have 3 kids and buy a villa in Tuscany

I want to start my own ad agency

I want to backpack through Africa, South America and Asia

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :cry: :confused:

Right! Here's how you do it. Break it down, and start with the most achievable.

First: Start your own Ad agency - as you know the industry already, you just need a business plan to get you focussed. Once you've worked out how much you'll need to get start, beg borrow and steal the finance to get you off the starting blocks. In the meantime DJ as much as you can / clubs/parties/weddings even. Just get that second income coming in to help with your overheads.

Second: Demi God DJ Work like hell for 3/4 years at your ad agency and promote / bring in a management team to run the operational side of the business. While you keep one eye on the strategy. Sell your majority shareholding using the funds as your initial finance to open your own club. You now own your own club now, do what you do best and you're headlining everynight - DJ demigod status is in your grasp. 8)

Third: Villa in Tuscany After the next five years of hard grafting as a DJ - demi god and ad agancy non executive director. You sell your shares in both and retire just before your 40th birthday to a villa in Tuscany funded by the profits from sellijg your business.

Fifth: Booker Prize / Oscar winning screeplay: Loads of time to write novels / screeplays - and loads of material from your crazy 30's to inspire you!

Sixth: Woman of Dreams: Look, you've got a villa in Tuscany, an Oscar and a booker prize as well as a succesfull musical legacy - if you can't find her now you're beyond help.

Easy frickin peezy 8)

I LOVE my life :D I'm so lucky to have a job I love (both during the week and on the weekends) and I have the best family and friends I could hope for.. I'm also so glad I've had the opportunity to life in so many different places, to travel, to live life to the full, really..

So no regrets! Just need to tick the rest of those boxes ;)

Russ - you may be a little older than me, but you checked the 'Snog Catherine Zeta-Jones' box many years ago ;) :lol:

Conrado said:
How many people here were born in 1975? I was and I'm leaving my 20's in October.

Time flies, Mark, but you have to feel comfortable with the life you have today, because it's an outcome of all your choices. The life you live today is the life you chose, wether or not you're aware of it...

If you wanna do something different, go do it! The world is for those who are born to conquer it, not for those who dream they can, even though they might be right.

Love life and whatever you do, do quickly!

I was born in 1974 ;)
Totally agree with you, Conrado.
And I will add something else:
If you wanna do something different, go do it. And if you don't do it, don't complain ;)

Just turned 31 yesterday! :eek:

As sum1 else said, the run up to turning 30 was much worse that the actual event, being in my 30's doesnt bother me that much now :lol:

PS and as they say, your only as old as the person you feel (which makes me a young 25 ;) )

Back