Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

Sorry to hear about the phone Ian. first trip in 69 , wow. Bet you've seen some changes over the years , and have some stories to tell ;)

Sorry to hear about the phone Ian. first trip in 69 , wow. Bet you've seen some changes over the years , and have some stories to tell ;)

Yep, came over as a 14 year old in 1969 and loved the place but felt frustrated that I wasn't older. :)

I made up for it by coming back several times in the mid 70s and THAT is when Ibiza was the greatest place on earth. Pacha was a revelation in 1977 and I personally think it was the greatest club in the world at that point. Biggest records? Idris Muhammad "Could Heaven Ever Be Like This", Santa Esmeralda "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood mixed into Thelma Houston "Don't Leave Me This Way" impeccably. Closing record? Maze's "The Look In Your Eyes". Pure bliss.

All Spanish, Hell's Angels and International Jet Set. Perfect.

Ian D :)

Seems strange to think of Times Square as a no go area back in the 70's and 80's, now its all Disney'fied...

I've heard although it wasn't the nicest of places to hang out, it did have 'character'! Something I think PDB does not have!!

Maybe a mayor will come along that wants to clear up San An and PDB in the future, and we will be talking about them in years to come when they become family friendly entertainment resorts!

Seems strange to think of Times Square as a no go area back in the 70's and 80's, now its all Disney'fied...
no idea about the 70s but way more dirty+rotten (= better :twisted:)
was 42nd street with its former big theatres which were sex-cinemas and peepshows back then.
there was the biggest peepshow i ever had seen- absolutely amazing when you're 1st time in us with 17 - name was something with money ... "silver coin" or "golden dollar" or something like that.
we had not much money and stayed at a corner of 42nd street next to the port authority bus terminal.
there was no tripadvisor or stuff like that ... so we later found out that our hotel was listed in the top10 of the world's worst hotels :cool:

no idea about the 70s but way more dirty+rotten (= better :twisted:)
was 42nd street with its former big theatres which were sex-cinemas and peepshows back then.
there was the biggest peepshow i ever had seen- absolutely amazing when you're 1st time in us with 17 - name was something with money ... "silver coin" or "golden dollar" or something like that.
we had not much money and stayed at a corner of 42nd street next to the port authority bus terminal.
there was no tripadvisor or stuff like that ... so we later found out that our hotel was listed in the top10 of the world's worst hotels :cool:

Same with Soho, boring as f*** compared to what is used to be like

hehe ... this was our hotel (might even exist 2day !?):

Screenshot_2015-08-10-18-52-37-1.png
:rolleyes::cool:

piscisparc is 5stars compared to this flea-palace :twisted:

I've heard although it wasn't the nicest of places to hang out, it did have 'character'! Something I think PDB does not have!!

Maybe a mayor will come along that wants to clear up San An and PDB in the future, and we will be talking about them in years to come when they become family friendly entertainment resorts!

It was pretty edgy if you were a straight 21 year old good-looking kid from Leeds. My mum told me to stay at the YMCA 'rather than waste money on expensive hotels'. This was before the Village People outed the place. I spent the first night there with the door barricaded. Terrifying.

PDB has basically been turned into a genetically-modified idea of what people think fun is.... :)

Yep, came over as a 14 year old in 1969 and loved the place but felt frustrated that I wasn't older. :)

I made up for it by coming back several times in the mid 70s and THAT is when Ibiza was the greatest place on earth. Pacha was a revelation in 1977 and I personally think it was the greatest club in the world at that point. Biggest records? Idris Muhammad "Could Heaven Ever Be Like This", Santa Esmeralda "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood mixed into Thelma Houston "Don't Leave Me This Way" impeccably. Closing record? Maze's "The Look In Your Eyes". Pure bliss.

All Spanish, Hell's Angels and International Jet Set. Perfect.

great stuff! Ever do KU and Amnesia in the mid-80s? when Alfredo was playing at Amnesia? I think if I had a time machine thats when Id like to visit Ibiza most. To see just how the 'Balearic' thing was actually on the island.

Same here, I think if I had a time machine that would be my first choice! Would of loved to experience Ku in the daytime, open air, no loud booming music, just more of a hang out with music and a pool.. then Amnesia, would of loved to experience that..

Always wondered what the sound systems were like back then, obviously not as good as now, but they must of been pretty loud for them to have to puts roofs on!

Was the main room of Amnesia open air as well at some point, or just the terrace?

great stuff! Ever do KU and Amnesia in the mid-80s? when Alfredo was playing at Amnesia? I think if I had a time machine thats when Id like to visit Ibiza most. To see just how the 'Balearic' thing was actually on the island.

Sure, did 'em all. I can remember when Amnesia was just a shack in the middle of nowhere which didn't open until 8.00am (mid 70s) and my 'respectable' wife stripped at Ku and got covered in foam in the 80s lol....

No pick-pockets to spoil the vibe back then!

Sure, did 'em all. I can remember when Amnesia was just a shack in the middle of nowhere which didn't open until 8.00am (mid 70s) and my 'respectable' wife stripped at Ku and got covered in foam in the 80s lol....

No pick-pockets to spoil the vibe back then!

No pockets it appears!:lol:

I've had a pick pocket try and do the salsa thing on me. I was sober at time so saw it a mile off (he must have thought I was wasted as was painted as a tiger at the time lol )

These days I wear 3/4 Jean shorts with pockets that are deep and very difficult to get even my hands in.

Also if end up solo just keep eye out where you are and who maybe about.

Back