Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

f*** THAT - scary shit going on this year.
no doubt robberies worse than ever and at an all-time -high

6 luxury villas in vista allegre robbed in one night while people at home/in their beds !!
thieves probably came by boat.
dog hugo saved his owner ...

"...
A wave of thefts hit last Friday morning to six luxury homes urbanization Vista Alegre es Cubells while their inhabitants and owners were inside the houses.

Specifically, the theft occurred between two thirty and five o'clock and the owners suspect that the robbers came and escaped by sea from the beach Porroig in a rubber dinghy.

In some houses, the thieves could not realize the robbery to be surprised by their owners, but others might be with jewelry valued at 100,000 euros and electronic equipment.

Worst of all is that the thieves gained access to the same rooms in which they slept the inhabitants of the houses
. They even tried to enter them, although in one case the owner was found screaming the name of his son from his bed to realize the situation.

The dog saved its owner from thieves

This was the case of one of those affected, who preferred not to publish his name, and whose dog, a Dogue de Bordeaux six years named Hugo, protected and prevented the thieves from accessing your room.

Local If the police Showed up at four in the morning, When I called "desperate" Because other security forces did not show up. This time, the local officers arrived "in five minutes". The owner has Already Reported to the National Police and Civil Guard, ACCORDING lamented, "The blame each other", Because the 091 is the number of the National Police and Civil Guard Says He Was Not Notified of the event.
As he reported, after jumping the fence surrounding your house, thieves entered the house through a window that was open. It was two twenty, and their dog, who was in his room, he began to bark and not shut despite orders from his owner, who in turn shouted the name of his son could hear from your room, away from the large size of the house.

At that time, the woman managed to illuminate a little room with its iPad, and could see the doorknob moving. Instantly, the thieves opened the door and dazzled with a flashlight, but to see that the Bulldog were pounced on them close again and held subject to the dog out.
Then the owner called for help from the window of his room, where he heard how the thieves, who estimated that there were two, ran through the forest towards the gorge of the development, where there is a jetty.
Minutes later, at three o'clock, the owner, his family and friends, who were also inside the home at the time of the attempted robbery, heard how a zodiac out at full speed from the pier Vista Alegre Porroig direction.

"No wine or the Civil Guard and the National Police"
He explained the woman, immediately called 091 and after asking if he had contacted the Civil Guard said yes and told him they would send a patrol car but never arrived. According to him, he called 091 to "four times, and here no one never came, nor the Civil Guard and the National Police," complained.

The owner explained that although they have stolen five more houses, only two complaints filed because the rest believe you will not get any results. "I think so, because here there were footprints and things to take, and although the next day came the Civil Guard, looked and left; no one did anything, "he lamented.

"It gives a lot of insecurity, because thinking that come from vacation, and at night they get into your room, go figure. We do not know if they come with weapons, spray, with a gun to kill you.
I'm not going to be quiet, "said the owner, who comes to his home in the island since 2006.

In another house were friends of the owner of the house who were affected, as thieves stole the wedding ring and watch as they slept in the same room.

As explained by the landlord, housing was not affected, although their second home where his friends were staying. There, the thieves broke through the door to the balcony on 3.00 hours and suspected gas could be used to numb.

Distressed and frightened

"Our friends and my family are very distressed and frightened," said the owner, who also requested anonymity.

It is unknown how many robbers had that night in the resort.

But that's not all, the thieves returned Sunday night
. As explained by the owner whose dog saved the theft, the son of a neighbor came out to the balcony on Monday morning, about two o'clock, "and saw a hidden person wearing what looked like a knife" and finally he ran away.

Last night, residents of Vista Alegre organized themselves to patrol the estate.
In addition, today hold a meeting with the city of Sant Josep to ask for more security.

They also expressed surprise because, although they know more cases of robberies in other neighborhoods of the island, or have even been robbed in their cars, they have not seen any of these cases of insecurity have transcended to the public.
..."
http://www.noudiari.es/2015/08/roba...e-y-con-sus-moradores-adentro/#comment-340346

:lol:

Why waste your time committing multiple criminal activities, when you can condense your activity into a single act with our pick-pocket/sexual harassment combo

Exactly right. This is exactly where all these unsophisticated basic 1800s styled criminal activities go wrong. They have no idea about criminal synergies or the benefits of branding. They just nick your phone.

I actually feel sorry for 'em. Poor bastards. It must be quite a stressful occupation with no good karmic payback whatsoever.

My sympathy and largess doesn't extend to the multi-million euro turnover clubs however. With the prices they charge for entry and drinks anyway, can they not provide some very basic levels of security and keep their very generous customers safe from petty street crime?

In the UK we have an old saying which is, "you don't bite the hand which feeds you".

Ian D :)

OK, now it's several days later and I've bitten the bullet and shelled out £250 for another mobile phone and found out that my contacts and photos are intact, so I feel slightly better. However, that one quarter of a second when I let my guard down last Thursday morning has been a bummer and generally unpleasant. Not conducive to the true spirit of Ibiza in my experience.

I've decided that the worst part of the whole deal is that it dented my 'innocence', enjoyment and overall well-being of being in Ibiza. I've NEVER had a bad experience in Ibiza in 45 years until this trip and that includes being trapped in tropical monsoons at the wrong time, crashing scooters regularly, being wrongly busted by the San Antonio police @ Cafe Del Mar and spending a lively night within the Hell's Angels compound when everything that could go wrong, went severely wrong.

But I never got physically robbed. 'Till this trip. So something is wrong.

I mentioned it at work to my colleagues and EVERY ONE OF THEM had similar tales of woe. One guy (love ya Nick) lost his wallet and phone on three consecutive visits. He is a glutton for punishment but hey? Is getting ripped-off a prerequisite for most people's Ibiza experience?

I think Ibiza, both as an island and with all the commercial enterprises that thrive off tourism, should have a 'duty of care' for their visitors. It's simply not acceptable to allow good customers and potential repeat visitors to be subject to such blatant organised criminal activities and turn a blind eye. People on holiday do not want to be scammed. It's a pain in the ass. By allowing it, Ibiza is sending a message that such behavior is acceptable.

Ibiza was never about this and I think what is happening right now is a disgrace to the island. A real shame but life goes on I guess.

Back soon.

hi ian, those are very good points you make;

it's not so much turning a blind eye though. one of the main problems for many public service workers on ibiza (taxis, police, firemen, binmen) is that there is too much work for 3 months of the year and not enough for the other 9 months of the year. obviously you can't just employ a policeman on a 3 month contract. which means there are most probably slightly too many police in winter and not nearly enough in summer. the same applies to taxis, fireman, etc.

what you suggest about the clubs enforcing security in the vicinity and of course inside the venue itself, makes really good sense. but even then, with the crowds in high season, especially in space/amnesia/dc10, you'd have to employ so many extra people to ensure the club and surrounding area was free of criminals - a bit like the boy with his finger in the dyke. i am not trying to be negative though, i think it's an excellent idea and an increased security presence would certainly help lots.

"...
Wave of robberies in villas in Santa Eulària , Sant Josep and Sant Antoni
Thieves subtracted money and jewelry ...

Residents of Sant Josep Ibiza, Santa Eulària and Sant Antoni
have complained to this newspaper that have suffered or are aware of thefts in mansions, country houses or apartments on the island in recent weeks.
This wave affects mostly occupied housing by tourists,
most of whom have not filed complaints ...

..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2015/08/12/oleada-robos-casas-campo-santa/786626.html

hi ian, those are very good points you make;

it's not so much turning a blind eye though. one of the main problems for many public service workers on ibiza (taxis, police, firemen, binmen) is that there is too much work for 3 months of the year and not enough for the other 9 months of the year. obviously you can't just employ a policeman on a 3 month contract. which means there are most probably slightly too many police in winter and not nearly enough in summer. the same applies to taxis, fireman, etc.

what you suggest about the clubs enforcing security in the vicinity and of course inside the venue itself, makes really good sense. but even then, with the crowds in high season, especially in space/amnesia/dc10, you'd have to employ so many extra people to ensure the club and surrounding area was free of criminals - a bit like the boy with his finger in the dyke. i am not trying to be negative though, i think it's an excellent idea and an increased security presence would certainly help lots.

Gotcha. But it seems to me that much of this stuff is really visible. The African women that tie your fingers up with thread, the dancers that pick your pockets on the street and the small bands of thugs that look for targets on the street etc, etc. The place would be much better if these elements were removed permanently as they just degrade the island and mean that you have to spend your holiday on full alert all the time whereas most people would prefer to relax and not have to worry about it.

Having spoken to numerous Ibiza regulars over the last few days the general consensus is that is that the problems are far, far wider than the minority that get reported. Most people don't even bother reporting the crimes as there seems to be little chance of anything being done by the authorities. Also it seems that the operations are getting more sophisticated with visiting DJs and the like being targeted and having their villas or apartments done whilst they're out. I keep reading Facebook posts from people I know who have had their villas broken into. These are serious criminal gangs that are operating there as it's an easy touch. The authorities really need to get a handle on it because it seems to be so much worse now than I've ever known. PDM reminds me of one of those old 'Western' gold-rush towns in the 1800s that were virtually lawless and acted like a magnet for every type of thief or conman. Or maybe I'm just getting old and this is the new normal? :)

I think part of the trouble may be... a lot of those victims of theft ie. clubbers out on the razzle - will have been conducting in criminal activity themselves. :!:

How much petty theft actually gets reported by the inebriated victims? Does your average holiday maker attending Sankeys or wherever really want more police & guardia sniffing around?

My hunch is: no, probably not.

:eek:

... PDM reminds me of one of those old 'Western' gold-rush towns in the 1800s that were virtually lawless and acted like a magnet for every type of thief or conman.
Or maybe I'm just getting old and this is the new normal? :) ...
:rolleyes: :lol: :twisted:

I got robbed on my first night walking back from the west end to Buddha bar area at 4ish a.m. Two guys walked out from somewhere one in front one behind, doing the laughing and dancing around trick which I was aware of, I stepped aside and carried on, only to look down and both of my denim shorts pockets inside out, phone gone and a sentimental necklace cut off my neck with wire cutters I assume as it is reasonably thick and I did'nt feel a thing. Shite start to the trip as missed out on meet ups with various people and put a downer on it. Good job the Clockwork Orange parties were incredible or I would've thought about booking an early flight home!

I had my drinks spiked and was robbed in Ibiza Town on my first visit to the island 2 years back. Thankfully I managed to keep hold of my phone which was a good job as I was an emotional wreck and needed the support of family and friends back home to help out with emergency money and be a shoulder to lean on etc.

A horrid horrid experience to be on your own away from home after something like that happens...

As it ruined my first trip, I went back to the island a couple of weeks later determined not to let anything get in the way of enjoying the place. If it had been anywhere else in the world I would have probably not gone back. However by then Ibiza had got me goon and proper and I was not gonna blame the island for my misfortune..

I ended up going for a third time that year to enjoy the closing parties. What happened on that trip is a story for another day... :)

Dan

Last edited:
I got robbed on my first night walking back from the west end to Buddha bar area at 4ish a.m. Two guys walked out from somewhere one in front one behind, doing the laughing and dancing around trick which I was aware of, I stepped aside and carried on, only to look down and both of my denim shorts pockets inside out, phone gone and a sentimental necklace cut off my neck with wire cutters I assume as it is reasonably thick and I did'nt feel a thing. Shite start to the trip as missed out on meet ups with various people and put a downer on it. Good job the Clockwork Orange parties were incredible or I would've thought about booking an early flight home!

Honestly?! Someone cut your necklace off with wire cutters and turned your pockets inside out and you didnt get on to it? I just cant imagine how you couldnt realise??

Honestly?! Someone cut your necklace off with wire cutters and turned your pockets inside out and you didnt get on to it? I just cant imagine how you couldnt realise??
The guy in front was dancing with his hands all over me, which is when I noticed a guy standing behind me too, all over in about 5 seconds.

Back