This years music

mate thats what most British birds might be like but it seems a huge amount of the Spanish / Italian / German / Brazilian girls that we see out regularly in the UK and Ibiza may say otherwise

mate thats what most British birds might be like but it seems a huge amount of the Spanish / Italian / German / Brazilian girls that we see out regularly in the UK and Ibiza may say otherwise

well then (dare i say it:lol:) British birds have better taste,id sooner watch paint dry than to go a club playing minimal.

Thats cool and kinda the original point isnt it? Go to clubs that are gona play what u want to hear , dont go to the ones that dont

I'm a girl and I love all things techno minimal and bleepy plinky plonky. I just find its the freshest and most exciting style out there at the moment. In the past i've been into trance and all types of house except happy hardcore, but i just don't think there's anything new and exciting happening in that area at the moment - its a case of, been there, seen that, got the smiley acid face tshirt. 8)

and i agree with emma b - if you don't like miminal, just don't go to places that play minimal :twisted:

everyone to their own Emma, although you hardly come across many lady's at all who like this type of music,i refuse to go to a club where this music is played as i don't wanna mong out or fall asleep i wanna dance and party,but as i said everyone to their own.;)

personally i prefer my music a bit deeper, more electronic, less obvious than the hands in the air stuff you like.

i'm sure we both have just as much fun when we go out. i can't say i've ever "monged out" or "fallen asleep" to techno.

different types of music excites different people. there are plenty of options in ibiza if you like the funkier side and plenty if you prefer deepier, techier stuff.

i can't see where the issue is - apart from you trying to get "one over" on a genre of music that doesn't cut it for you.

Thats cool and kinda the original point isnt it? Go to clubs that are gona play what u want to hear , dont go to the ones that dont
it's not rocket science is it?

i wonder why it is that you never hear people who are in to techno going on and on about the boring funky house they play in pacha yet we're constantly gettting it in the ear from people who hate "minimal" that it was all they played in DC10?

i think you're going to the wrong clubs if you're hearing music you don't like - simple as!

i wonder why it is that you never hear people who are in to techno going on and on about the boring funky house they play in pacha yet we're constantly gettting it in the ear from people who hate "minimal" that it was all they played in DC10?

oh actually I've been known to do that. i think if we're honest we all have a bit of the club snob in us :lol::lol: i certainly do...

For the record i've never taken K, or fallen asleep in a club for that matter. well only once - a long long long time ago :confused:

i miss the funky days of 99-03!!!i d.j at birthday parties and i have 14 year old girls asking me to play "electro" i ask them what tune and they don't know they just wanna try and act cool...so i play bob the builder instead!!!

They played that one at the gym over lunch and I thought of you ya big gay! ;) :lol:

:D:D:D

I imagine it's an ace gym record! I reckon I'm going to put it on my gym playlist (along with Eye of the Tiger, Rocky theme tune, Hullk Hogan theme tune, You're the best from Karate Kid 1, oh, and Call on Me)

:D:D:D

I imagine it's an ace gym record! I reckon I'm going to put it on my gym playlist (along with Eye of the Tiger, Rocky theme tune, Hullk Hogan theme tune, You're the best from Karate Kid 1, oh, and Call on Me)

You've got to pump it up...don't you knoooow pump it up...you've got to pump it up!

(secretly also a very good gym tune. :lol:)

You've got to pump it up...don't you knoooow pump it up...you've got to pump it up!

(secretly also a very good gym tune. :lol:)

What song is that?! All I know it as "freshen up freshen up... you've got to freshen up!" sung by the lookie lookie men at posh (and not so posh) bars toilets!:lol:

Grrr! It's going to take me ages to get that out of my head now!

"Freshen up freshen up... you've got to freshen up..."

personally i prefer my music a bit deeper, more electronic, less obvious than the hands in the air stuff you like.

i'm sure we both have just as much fun when we go out. i can't say i've ever "monged out" or "fallen asleep" to techno.

different types of music excites different people. there are plenty of options in ibiza if you like the funkier side and plenty if you prefer deepier, techier stuff.

i can't see where the issue is - apart from you trying to get "one over" on a genre of music that doesn't cut it for you.

I like Techno but not the minimal kind that is around right now (it's not even proper Techno anyway), for me proper Techno is pounding German or Belgium style....stuff like this the best Techno compilation ever IMO http://www.discogs.com/release/854681

I'm not trying to get one over on anything (no pun intented :lol:) the subject arose and im just giving my opinion, i don't just like funky house, i like some progressive and some Techno as well as Jungle/Drum & Bass and Hardcore Breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What song is that?! All I know it as "freshen up freshen up... you've got to freshen up!" sung by the lookie lookie men at posh (and not so posh) bars toilets!:lol:

I've no idea...someone on here will know. It's bloody awful.

*but secretly brilliant.

Back