This years music

I like Techno but not the minimal kind that is around right now (it's not even proper Techno anyway), for me proper Techno is pounding German or Belgium style....stuff like this the best Techno compilation ever IMO http://www.discogs.com/release/854681

I'm not trying to get one over on anything (no pun intented :lol:) the subject arose and im just giving my opinion, i don't just like funky house, i like some progressive and some Techno as well as Jungle/Drum & Bass and Hardcore Breaks.

you don't like "minimal" - we get it!

the fact is, you're not just giving your opinion, you're putting that music down ("it's not even proper techno anyway")

you don't like "minimal" - we get it!

the fact is, you're not just giving your opinion, you're putting that music down ("it's not even proper techno anyway")

I'm not im telling the truth it's isn't proper techno, im a Techno "purist" from back in the day.

Anyway end of discussion as far as im concerned everyone to their own and all that.;):)

I'm not im telling the truth it's isn't proper techno, im a Techno "purist" from back in the day.

Anyway end of discussion as far as im concerned everyone to their own and all that.;):)

that's like saying todays house music isn't proper house music cos it wasn't played in Chigago's Warehouse in the 80s...

each to their own but you think what you say is the gospel more like mate!

who are you to decide what is and isn't "proper techno"? sure you might have a strong opinion but that doesn't make what you say any more factual.

who cares what the latest sub-genre is this week anyway? - as long as you enjoy the music surely that's all the counts?

which takes us back to my original point - stop moaning about music that you don't like - just avoid it and appreciate that there are others that absolutely love it.

I think a lot of people seem to forget that the Ibiza scene kicked off with a reputation for very diverse music, otherwise known as Balearic.

One Album for me that encapsulated the Ibiza vibe more than any other was:

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

People can talk about any year they want but 1987 to 1991 was when Ibiza was in its absolute prime. 8)

I heard Black Legend - Trouble With Me in the Discoteca, September 23rd 07 n it was Immense.

Havent heard it in ages. Reminds me of going to the Tunnel in Glasgow when I was 18.

I think a lot of people seem to forget that the Ibiza scene kicked off with a reputation for very diverse music, otherwise known as Balearic.

People can talk about any year they want but 1987 to 1991 was when Ibiza was in its absolute prime. 8)

Please bring those days back!!!!!

So don't ever show your face in Ibiza again, and instead of spreading negative energies here move to Benidorm forums (or the likes), cause i can't find any logical reason for u to keep browsing these forums here! :twisted:

And there was me thinking forum meant " A public place for open discussion " !! How silly, i do apologise....:cry::cry:

sorry mate i find it mind numbingly boring, music for people on Ketamine would be a discription for this minimal.

Totally agree! And to answer someone's point about DC10 earlier, said something about "whoever says DC10 is crap is a freak", well DC10 IS sh!te. Gets way too overcrowded, takes about 2 hours to get a drink, the sound system is sh!te, and it is a Ket fest! Don't get me wrong, the layout of the club is good, and the outside bit is fantastic. I think it has the potential to be the best club in the world, but the music for me brings it way back down! Now, if they played Filthy, Dirty Bangin' Electro (i'm not talking the commercial stuff here, I'm talking chunky basslines mixed with a bit of Breaks) then it WOULD be the greatest place on earth!! And this is coming from someone who has done 2 seasons and is doing another one this summer. I just think it's a place people go to be seen, because everyone else goes!

Totally agree! And to answer someone's point about DC10 earlier, said something about "whoever says DC10 is crap is a freak", well DC10 IS sh!te. Gets way too overcrowded, takes about 2 hours to get a drink, the sound system is sh!te, and it is a Ket fest! Don't get me wrong, the layout of the club is good, and the outside bit is fantastic. I think it has the potential to be the best club in the world, but the music for me brings it way back down! Now, if they played Filthy, Dirty Bangin' Electro (i'm not talking the commercial stuff here, I'm talking chunky basslines mixed with a bit of Breaks) then it WOULD be the greatest place on earth!! And this is coming from someone who has done 2 seasons and is doing another one this summer. I just think it's a place people go to be seen, because everyone else goes!

:lol::lol::lol:

Quality:D

Indeed well said mate.8)

Now your talking.:)

Now, if they played Filthy, Dirty Bangin' Electro (i'm not talking the commercial stuff here, I'm talking chunky basslines mixed with a bit of Breaks) then it WOULD be the greatest place on earth!!

They did last season- Mr C's Superfreq on Wednesdays- it don't come much more filthier dirtier and bangin' than that sh1t:!: 8)

Back