This years music

I think most people stick to what they know and don't give other genre's a chance.

Not sure about the prog/deep thing as my mix is a fair bit faster. Glade seems to embrace all electronic music.

Heres a mix I made a few weeks back.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCEYRZ8M (instant download)

Enjoy

I listened to some of this n didnt sound like what was at glade , maybe the ppl they had were playing a different style but was much slower and less busy

I listened to some of this n didnt sound like what was at glade , maybe the ppl they had were playing a different style but was much slower and less busy

Most of the Psy stuff I have or have heard is about 145bpm. I see that Glade has lots of techno as well. This mix is quite busy at the start

All comments welcome and wanted.

What do think of the genre?
Would you listen to more?
Did it sound fresh to you.
etc, etc

Well that is one genre you don't hear much but I've always liked it. Takes me back to the mid 90's when I'd say it was most popular. I really loved that type of music back then. But of course I was in an altered state of mind, mind you!! :lol: Good stuff tho. Kinda like acid music blended with deep trance is how I would best describe it.

What do think of the genre? Not my thing
Would you listen to more? No
Did it sound fresh to you. No
etc, etc[/quote]

I gave it a go tho . dont mean to piss u off personally but just is not what i like to hear

I gave it a go tho . dont mean to piss u off personally but just is not what i like to hear

Oh thats a shame, but at least you gave it a go. Guess it's back to the accordian for you then:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very musically diverse in fact probably more so than most i know but im sorry this minimal is by far and away the worst genre of dance music ive ever heard and i include cheesy hardcore in that as well (not Real UK Hardcore 91-93 which is amazing), bear in mind ive been raving since 1990 so ive seen every scene there is to see in dance music ,this minimal is souless and mind numbingly boring, how anyone can dance to that or enjoy themselves listening to that garbage is beyond me.:eek:

Gimme funky house with piano's anyday,uplifting music you can dance to.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else come away this year feeling just a tiny bit uninspired by the music?

Every electro track is using one of about 5 different sounds.

7 hours of minimal is not a party - its like everyone is dancing with headphones on.

The "Big" tune this year had an accordion, and 3 tubs of marmite, in it for pete's sake?!

Jorgensen was my top track of the year i guess.

One hopes that someone will roll up this winter, smash minimal into electro and produce some deep, terrific thing which sounds like a bunch of machines making love and war whilst drinking a vodka limon.

Hopefully a deep house maestro will do us all proud. Come on Ralph Lawson, it's yours for the taking mate.

I agree with the excepetion of a couple of classic tunes the music was shi*e, what is required is more tunes like the amazing I Found You by Axwell by far and away the biggest tune this year, a fantastic uplifting tune that got the crowd going no end,every club i heard it in Ibiza the crowd went mad for it, so unlike most of the other tunes,so old skool sounding,lets hope for more of the same and banish this boring minimal to the dustbin.;)

I agree with the excepetion of a couple of classic tunes the music was shi*e, what is required is more tunes like the amazing I Found You by Axwell by far and away the biggest tune this year, a fantastic uplifting tune that got the crowd going no end,every club i heard it in Ibiza the crowd went mad for it.

YES!!!! Told mi amigo back when I first heard it in May that this would be the biggest tune of the year!! The ONLY track of the year that makes me jump up and down like a loon! I also told him around March that I heard a few tracks (some played by Tom Novy) that the old skool sound (early 90's stuff) would be the trend for the year. I hate to toot my own horn!!! :lol:

I can feel the old skool breakbeat house and piano with vocals and kickdrum sound may just be huge next year,tracks like Axwell and a few others are starting to emerge,anything to get rid of this minimal nonsense.;)

I quite like the fact that this year i didnt hear the same tunes being banged out by everyone (ie "anthems") . I only heard Heater once in 2 weeks!

I'm guessing you weren't around clubbing in the late 80's or early 90's then :lol:

Yes I was actually - I first went to Ibiza in 1984 so forget about Rampling etc - Think the fact that I was 1yrs old is totally irrelevant. :)

minimal isn't nonsense. It has an important and enjoyable part to play in ibiza but some Djs need to understand that a whole night of it is not a party....

...and when all is said and done its a party we're after isn't it?

minimal isn't nonsense. It has an important and enjoyable part to play in ibiza but some Djs need to understand that a whole night of it is not a party....

...and when all is said and done its a party we're after isn't it?

sorry mate i find it mind numbingly boring, music for people on Ketamine would be a discription for this minimal.

i have just read through this thread...now what i cant understand is, are people going to clubs because of the club/promoter or are they going to hear specific dj's?

i mean, i went to clubs because of specific dj's.....i didnt hear a saturation of minimal at all this year.

i went to DC10 and heard minimal/techno...why because thats what they play there

Space was varied because of the different dj's and different rooms.

Pacha/Renaissance played very little minimal at all

i just think if everyone is complaining about minimal then be more selective as to what clubs you go to........it would be like people complaining about hearing trance all the time if the only club they went to was cream :rolleyes:

as for no stand out tunes :eek: they were there but its just the dj's play a big mix of genres now and the fact that there are far more producers around these days means more tunes = less likleyhood of people repeating the same tired out old tunes again and again.........im all for it...anthems piss me off no end

maybe we're arguing in circles here.

whatever the situation, Ibiza is still the best place on earth

Back