Thierry (Disgrace) Henri

can everyone please get off their high horses!!!

how many players would honestly 'do a Fowler' when the stakes are THAT high....

can everyone please get off their high horses!!!

how many players would honestly 'do a Fowler' when the stakes are THAT high....

I would like to think I had the confidence in my own ability (which Henry has in abundance) so as not to have to cheat!!

he's a ****ing disgrace and DO NOT try to justify it!! and its not about jumping on a bandwagon or joining a witchunt, or being caught up in a media created frenzy its about trying to protect the dignity of the game and the vast majority that still like to use skill and ability to win games.

whilst not condoning handball, I can understand how someone would instinctively handle-control the ball in a situation like that in a split second instance, probably fuelled by extreme tension and desperation. I don't think he deliberately set out to con the referee but when he wasn't penalised I doubt even the most saintly player in the world would have argued with a goal to qualify them for the world cup finals!

I agree that the first handball was un-intentional, but the second time he handled it to bring it on to his boot was intentional.

The message thats coming across is its ok to cheat once you are not caught. FIFA will have to do something about this.

Ireland had their chances to win and didnt take them. Even if they got a replay they wouldnt beat France. The better team has qualified.

If we get a video ref from this controversy then some good will come out of it.

whilst not condoning handball, I can understand how someone would instinctively handle-control the ball in a situation like that in a split second instance, probably fuelled by extreme tension and desperation. I don't think he deliberately set out to con the referee but when he wasn't penalised I doubt even the most saintly player in the world would have argued with a goal to qualify them for the world cup finals!

Disagree; he deliberately did touch the ball with his hand twice.

Henry could be a "hero" for some; but he will be regarded as a cheat for the rest of his football career.

Henry will regret it deeply, when france gets kicked out in the first round.

anyway, it's only Ireland FFS - hardly a major force in the game

it's not like the world cup will really notice their absence

c'mon, if you're a nike adman (which ultimately is what counts here!), you won't be losing too much sleep over a bunch of journeymen

a few people in a few pubs in Cork might harbour grudges but the rest of the world will have forgotten this by the end of the week

FIFA will have to do something about this.

FIFA will do absolutely jack, in fear of getting sued or having the decision overturned.

Best way forward - Any accusation of cheating to be reviewed by an independent panel, and if player is found guilty, ban the twat for 6 games, and fine em 50% of their wages for that period.

c'mon, if you're a nike adman (which ultimately is what counts here!), you won't be losing too much sleep over a bunch of journeymen

a few people in a few pubs in Cork might harbour grudges but the rest of the world will have forgotten this by the end of the week

Thats a bad attitude to have.

If it wasnt for the smaller teams then the game would be the poorer. How is any team, may it be a small pub side, or small country, be expected to play football with pride and passion if they are not allowed to take part. The whole FA Cup tournament is built around this idea.

The world cup will notice their absence....each time that Henry kicks a ball in South Africa.

Plus this will go on much longer than you think. There are a lot of people out there with scores to settle with FIFA and Sepp Blatter and they will use this incident as a vehicle to damage.

I agree with Bez on this one. Poor attitude.

Look what the runs of lesser football nations have done for the game in recent years. South Korea, Turkey and the USA in '02, Australia and Ghana in '06... these teams might not get past the quarterfinals but they got whole continents excited about the game.

It's not all about the ad-men. :confused:

Ireland's historical contribution to football:

Liam Brady and er...

how the world mourns.

in fact, there's too many dour European sides as it is - not enough south americans or africans

big ups to Nigeria - they're usually quite entertaining. I might support them.

I dont believe this is your opinion, at least I hope it's not. I believe you are playing keanu reeves. and expressing a cynical view of the situation an albeit possibly and very sadly true view of the situation. The poor guy has been shat on, let down by the system and the cheats/bad guys have once again prospered.

the French will now be wearing their own Fair Play Patches on their World Cup Shirts.

FIFA_Fair_Play.jpg

still, give the amount of diving and spitting and all round manly rolling around on the floor in Italia 90, I think football has come a very long way.

I dont believe this is your opinion, at least I hope it's not. I believe you are playing keanu reeves. and expressing a cynical view of the situation an albeit possibly and very sadly true view of the situation. The poor guy has been shat on, let down by the system and the cheats/bad guys have once again prospered.

he's on a wind up. :rolleyes::lol:

cheating's entertaining anyway - we all love it really

people secretly enjoy being outraged by dirty, sneaky, sly, bottom-pinching foreigners

it brings people together - makes you proud to be British because we're all above that sort of nonsense aren't we. fair play old boy, what!

Thats one good thing you can say about the British...........they play by the Queensbury rules.

When was the last time you saw an English team cheat??

Thats one good thing you can say about the British...........they play by the Queensbury rules.

When was the last time you saw an English team cheat??

er, Michael Owen has built a career around it :lol:

Back