Thierry (Disgrace) Henri

cheating's entertaining anyway - we all love it really

people secretly enjoy being outraged by dirty, sneaky, sly, bottom-pinching foreigners

it brings people together - makes you proud to be British because we're all above that sort of nonsense aren't we. fair play old boy, what!

do you think like that because you look like that other cheating johnny foreigner Michael Schumacher?

Look, this has been discussed so many times before on here.. the continental view point is very different to the British. (even if in this case even in Spain it's regarded as going too far)

you take advantage of what you can.

How Henry is now vilified more than say Martin Taylor for breaking someone's legs is beyond me.

I'm not sure if any of you get off the bandwagon long enough to actually play real life football, but it's completely different. I don't think there are many players in the world who have not intentionally cheated for the benefit of themselves or their team. I, for one, condemn all of these players for everything they do but will happily lie, cheat and steal to win a football game myself. When even someone like me is out on the pitch, the pressure and desire to win overcome any morals, so for Theirry, the captain of his national football team involved in one of the biggest moments of his career, I imagine it's the same story.

As I say, I hate him as much as the next person, but it's definitely understandable. Any debate about a replay is pointless as it's never going to happen but video technology definitely needs to be brought in.

And anyway, Ireland should of finished the game off about 5 times before this even happened.

cheating happens all the time,

eduardo for arsenal this year
ronaldo and rooney diving for the last 3 years
ngog for liverpool,

and there is no bigger diver than the irish aiden mcgeady

they need to get over it

everyteam suffers because of a cheat and every team gains because of it. it swings in roundabouts,

i dont condone it but theres nowt gonna happen

anyway, it's only Ireland FFS - hardly a major force in the game

it's not like the world cup will really notice their absence

c'mon, if you're a nike adman (which ultimately is what counts here!), you won't be losing too much sleep over a bunch of journeymen

a few people in a few pubs in Cork might harbour grudges but the rest of the world will have forgotten this by the end of the week

Ok, I havent been on here on a while ladies and gents, in fact I think I've been missing in action for a few months. It's funny (and no surprise) that the first time I return in ages, Olly is stirring it up again and the above comment just took the piss completely for me.

I normally give you the benefit of the doubt Olly, even once apologizing to you, but on this occasion I can finally say **** you, you pretentious, silly, ****er!

What I gather from what you are saying is that any country who isn't a major contender in the game doesn't really deserve to be in the competition at all? What would football be like then if that were the case?

Considering that almost half the ****ing teams that make it to each tournament don't fall into this 'category' of yours I think your statement is completely ridiculous! Do you remember Greece winning Euro 2004? Were they a 'major' force in the game?

Being Irish (and you may say I'm bias here) I totally think that we were cheated. Yes we should have finished our chances (in both legs) and yes I can see how Henry may have not meant to handle it the first time, but it's blatantly obvious to me that he has controlled the ball with his hand the second time round... not to mention being off side in the first place.

As a team, I do think we played some great football... it was just a pity that we were unable to wrap the game up earlier to secure our place. But under no circumstances do I think that we deserved to be put out. If our World Cup journey had have ended in penalties then fair do's, but the way we were put out was devastating in my opinion.

I do have to give Henry some sort of credit for admitting that he done it... many wouldn't, but honestly it felt like salt in the wounds. We, as a team are good enough to make it to the World Cup this year and for every Irish man and woman around the world, last night was heartbreaking!

Olly, on a final note... go **** yourself!

J

Last edited by a moderator:
internet-serious-business-410x500.jpg

jeez, if people (the on-the-ball chewie apart) still can't tell when I'm being serious or not, then God help us all...

Okay, I'm reeeeeeeally sorry the Irish football team got knocked out unfairly and I'm reeeeeeeally sorry people are offended by people like myself being flippant about it, but if like me, your mother's country (Catalonia) isn't even recognised or allowed to take part by FIFA, any sympathy I have for your side's misfortunes is strictly limited...

I do have to give Henry some sort of credit for admitting that he done it...many wouldnt

J

The only reason he admitted to it was that he nearly ran his bent french snout into a guy sitting on a TV camera while he celebrated as if nothing was wrong.

He even went back to check if the cameraman that shot all the closeup images of his thieving was pluged in!

Even an idiot could figure out the maths on that one.

Henry deserves no credit.

The only reason he admitted to it was that he nearly ran his bent french snout into a guy sitting on a TV camera while he celebrated as if nothing was wrong.

He even went back to check if the cameraman that shot all the closeup images of his thieving was pluged in!

Even an idiot could figure out the maths on that one.

Henry deserves no credit.

You know what... you're right. He's a bastard!
J

jeez, if people (the on-the-ball chewie apart) still can't tell when I'm being serious or not, then God help us all...

Okay, I'm reeeeeeeally sorry the Irish football team got knocked out unfairly and I'm reeeeeeeally sorry people are offended by people like myself being flippant about it, but if like me, your mother's country (Catalonia) isn't even recognised or allowed to take part by FIFA, any sympathy I have for your side's misfortunes is strictly limited...

I knew you were trolling but thought the result might be more fun.

I'm second generation Irish, I wanted them in the World Cup, but FFS, footballers ALL cheat! The calls for a replay are an embarassment. Get over it people.

Okay, I'm reeeeeeeally sorry the Irish football team got knocked out unfairly and I'm reeeeeeeally sorry people are offended by people like myself being flippant about it

Completely patronizing! Surely you knew your comment was going to step on some toes? Keep them to yourself in future because personally I'd rather not hear them! You seem to be hell bent on pissing people off constantly.

but if like me, your mother's country (Catalonia) isn't even recognised or allowed to take part by FIFA, any sympathy I have for your side's misfortunes is strictly limited...

Cry me a river! I feel the same about your side... (a taste of your on medicine!)

J

I'm second generation Irish, I wanted them in the World Cup, but FFS, footballers ALL cheat! The calls for a replay are an embarassment. Get over it people.

The Irish are right to make a stand and not lie down and take it like a biatch.

If the calls for a replay cause embarrassment for the French and FIFA then let them deal with it.

Completely patronizing! Surely you knew your comment was going to step on some toes? Keep them to yourself in future because personally I'd rather not hear them! You seem to be hell bent on pissing people off constantly.

Cry me a river! I feel the same about your side... (a taste of your on medicine!)

J

step on toes :lol: purh-leeease

read through the bits you found offensive - if you can find a single point that wasn't meant in jest, then you seriously need help

nobody's died and nobody's had their house washed away in a flood.

some perspective please...

and for your information, lashing out at strangers on the internet sadly isn't going to force a replay..

Back