Thierry (Disgrace) Henri

anyway, it's only Ireland FFS

a bunch of journeymen

a few people in a few pubs in Cork might harbour grudges but the rest of the world will have forgotten this by the end of the week

Maybe I do need help but I pretty much found very point you made offensive you knob! If these were meant in jest then personally I don't find your sense of humor at all funny.

J

Maybe I do need help but I pretty much found very point you made offensive you knob! If these were meant in jest then personally I don't find your sense of humor at all funny.

J

but..... those comments were deliberately ridiculous , so overtly offensive, so ridiculously OTT that nobody could possibly be offended unless they had a massive irony-bypass - I mean that was the whole point!

to give an example, a friend of mine at university didn't call his girlfriend Geraldine, no he called her Bitch instead . "I'm going out with Bitch later" "going to argos with Bitch in a while" etc. and she laughed it off because SHE KNEW HE ALWAYS HAD A TWINKLE IN HIS EYE. ie ALL ABOUT CONTEXT

but clearly on this occasion things went badly wrong on the internet and massive misunderstandings ensued.

From now on I *sigh* will just have to insert one of these >>> ;) <<< so everyone knows what is and isn't written in jest

but if like me, your mother's country (Catalonia) isn't even recognised or allowed to take part by FIFA, any sympathy I have for your side's misfortunes is strictly limited...

so I take it you're not enjoying Spain's amazing displays recently?
the 1st 45 mins against argentina last week was one of the best halves ive EVER seen considering the opponent.

so I take it you're not enjoying Spain's amazing displays recently?
the 1st 45 mins against argentina last week was one of the best halves ive EVER seen considering the opponent.

I agree Spain have an amazing side who I think could well win the world cup - but I could never support Spain even if the entire squad was Barca (too much family/history/politics) I respect everyone sees la seleccion in a different way though... and obv, I wish xavi / iniesta / puyol all the success they can get

I'm so disappointed with Henry.... As the years have gone by his performances have been getting worse and what happened last night is the final straw.... I'm getting a Dyson tomorrow!!!

but..... those comments were deliberately ridiculous , so overtly offensive, so ridiculously OTT that nobody could possibly be offended unless they had a massive irony-bypass - I mean that was the whole point!

to give an example, a friend of mine at university didn't call his girlfriend Geraldine, no he called her Bitch instead . "I'm going out with Bitch later" "going to argos with Bitch in a while" etc. and she laughed it off because SHE KNEW HE ALWAYS HAD A TWINKLE IN HIS EYE. ie ALL ABOUT CONTEXT

but clearly on this occasion things went badly wrong on the internet and massive misunderstandings ensued.

From now on I *sigh* will just have to insert one of these >>> ;) <<< so everyone knows what is and isn't written in jest

no worries "(unt" ;)

I knew you were trolling but thought the result might be more fun.

I'm second generation Irish, I wanted them in the World Cup, but FFS, footballers ALL cheat! The calls for a replay are an embarassment. Get over it people.

dont want a replay, although it would be nice of the French to aknowledge they got there by nefaraious (sp?) means. For me its about drawing a line under this and doing something in the future to prevent it happening again eg harsher punishments for offenders which would serve to act as a deterrent, stick a man behind each goal for those dubious penalty, did it cross the line, was it handball decisions. And for all those on the apathy tip saying "it happens accept it" why should we accept it, why dont we take steps to stamp it out instead?

if there was a replay in the spanish league every time Madrid won a game on the back of a dodgy decision, the backlog would stretch for years (decades?)

you have to feel desperately sorry for the Irish here but replaying the game would set a global precedent with the potential to cause chaos to fixture lists..

if there was a replay in the spanish league every time Madrid won a game on the back of a dodgy decision, the backlog would stretch for years (decades?)

you have to feel desperately sorry for the Irish here but replaying the game would set a global precedent with the potential to cause chaos to fixture lists..

There is already a precedant set. A world cup qualifing match in 2005 between Bahrain and Uzbekistan. FIFA invalidated the original result due to an error by the referee and the game was replayed.

There is also the Arsenal-Sheffield UTD replay in the FA Cup in 1999 when Arsen Wenger granted a replay after an unfair goal. FIFA didnt want to grant it but it went ahead.

A French minister has stated this morning that the French should give the Irish a replay so this whole story may get intresting.

The Americans have also stated that Henry would not be welcome in the USA.

There is already a precedant set. A world cup qualifing match in 2005 between Bahrain and Uzbekistan. FIFA invalidated the original result due to an error by the referee and the game was replayed.

There is also the Arsenal-Sheffield UTD replay in the FA Cup in 1999 when Arsen Wenger granted a replay after an unfair goal. FIFA didnt want to grant it but it went ahead.

A French minister has stated this morning that the French should give the Irish a replay so this whole story may get intresting.

The Americans have also stated that Henry would not be welcome in the USA.

Ok, we can replay the match...But this one too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9fx4ipF4Q

Sorry for the Irish people,i think you desserve 10000times more than us to go to the World Cup.
But the only solution for this kind of stuff is the video,like in rugby...

Ok, we can replay the match...But this one too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9fx4ipF4Q

Sorry for the Irish people,i think you desserve 10000times more than us to go to the World Cup.
But the only solution for this kind of stuff is the video,like in rugby...

I dont think the Irish team deserve to go to the World Cup. The better team has progressed. Who is to say that they would have won The Penalty shoot out??

As Barthez stated, the Irish were missing their "Lucky Charms", didnt get the rub of the green and ultimately didnt finish off the match in Paris. If they had played like they did in Paris during the First leg in Dublin, then they would have gone through.

The French were given too much respect in Dublin and Trapatoni played a defensive formation so as not to concede an away goal. Also Georgia had to play their home leg in a neutral venue, due to Ireland objecting over safety reasons.

Remember the Grand Slam rugby match with Wales. Ireland rode their luck big time, O'Garas late drop goal and Wales missing a kick to win the game in the dying moments.

buckers,

classic beckham quote today about how "ireland will be missed at the world cup cos of their great fans".

brilliant.

Back