The Olympics

Im totally eating my words now!
Was a real olympic cynic , "travel will meltdown etc etc"
Ive had no problems in my travels and watching the games even just on tv is great. For me Mo Farrah winning has been my highlight, my whole family standing shouting at the tv was a nice moment.
Still think Bolt could go a fair bit faster if everything came together

Yup - was an absolutely 100% cynic over the whole palavar but I have been sucked into the whole shebang over the last week - wow - I am almost thinking Britain could be "Great" again....

The one thing that has warmed the cockles of my heart is the amount of kids I have seen playing out again, - normally the fat little f****r's are sat in their bedrooms living on crisps, haribo and COD - so that's been amazing to see - kids doing excercise 8)

I've never had any interest in watching or playing sport. Just got round to lifting weights, but I wouldn't watch anyone else doing it. ;)

You need some cardio-vascular too. Used to hate sport and still loathe football with a vengeance ... but there are loads of other sports I like to do - and watching international level competitions in many sports is great. Don't be stuck in your ways .. open your mind and give it a go. You might just like it ;)

You need some cardio-vascular too. Used to hate sport and still loathe football with a vengeance ... but there are loads of other sports I like to do - and watching international level competitions in many sports is great. Don't be stuck in your ways .. open your mind and give it a go. You might just like it ;)

Boring. Boring. Boring. But you're right, I need some c.v. - gonna try some short runs nights I'm not doing weights, burn off some belly. ;)

jus got me a skipping rope. technique is hard to get but its very effective exercise and you have to use your brain at the same time

Yup - was an absolutely 100% cynic over the whole palavar but I have been sucked into the whole shebang over the last week - wow - I am almost thinking Britain could be "Great" again....

The one thing that has warmed the cockles of my heart is the amount of kids I have seen playing out again, - normally the fat little f****r's are sat in their bedrooms living on crisps, haribo and COD - so that's been amazing to see - kids doing excercise 8)

+1 but unfortunately i think the 'fun' of that will soon fade :spank: so glad i grew up in the generation i did, playing in the streets, playing in the woods, always running about outside with my mates....oh the simple life of a kid :lol:

I wasn't interested at all in the Olympics.

But then I saw the opening ceremony, and it dawned on me... this is probably the only time in my lifetime we'll see the Olympics in GB.
I've definitely been keeping an eye on it and watching when I can at home / work.
What TeamGB have done brings a warmth to my heart. :). I mean, hell, who'd of thought we'd currently be Third!

Actually regret not trying to get tickets now. Once in a lifetime opportunity missed.

I went to Eton Dorney this morning - my parents are visiting and I got some senior tickets, so I thought how bad can canoeing be...I love the fact that the tickets for the over 60s are standing room only!

Was fun though, if not quite as much as the cycle races through Surrey, but then that's my rose tinted local glasses. Sailing on Thursday - never watched sailing live before, but it somehow felt quintessentially Olympic.

Wow,men's gymnastics vault was immense. The Korean guys last vault which won was ridiculous. His joy was infectious, all the other countries were congratulating him

Wow,men's gymnastics vault was immense. The Korean guys last vault which won was ridiculous. His joy was infectious, all the other countries were congratulating him

He nailed it, The other countries congratulating him was true Olympic spirit. I wish the spirit would cross over and end the wars and fighting.

He nailed it, The other countries congratulating him was true Olympic spirit. I wish the spirit would cross over and end the wars and fighting.

ahhhh can you just imagine if that could really happen????? :eek:

(or stick a whole load of MDMA in the water supply 8))

+1 but unfortunately i think the 'fun' of that will soon fade :spank: so glad i grew up in the generation i did, playing in the streets, playing in the woods, always running about outside with my mates....oh the simple life of a kid :lol:

hey at the ripe old age of ** I still run around with my mates and play in woods - keeps me young and fit :lol::lol::lol: :oops:

Such a great guy - what an achievement to pick up 6 gold medals for UK....

[cough ... he's a Scot btw ... cough]

Back