The Olympics

Exsqueeze me? What drugs???? Flo-Jo is a legend. I'm not aware of any drug allegations against her ever :evil:

from wiki:

On September 21, 1998, Griffith-Joyner died in her sleep. On October 22, the sheriff-coroner's office (required to investigate unexpected deaths) announced the cause of death as: "1) positional asphyxia 2) epileptiform seizure 3) cavernous angioma, left orbital frontal cerebrum".[2]
The cavernous angioma referred to a brain abnormality discovered during the autopsy that made Joyner subject to seizures. It was a congenital defect.[3] In 1990 she had, according to a family attorney, suffered a grand mal seizure and had been treated for seizures in 1990, 1993 and 1994.
The direct cause of death was that she had suffocated in her pillow during a severe epileptic seizure. She was 38 years old.

Exsqueeze me? What drugs???? Flo-Jo is a legend. I'm not aware of any drug allegations against her ever :evil:

from wiki:

On September 21, 1998, Griffith-Joyner died in her sleep. On October 22, the sheriff-coroner's office (required to investigate unexpected deaths) announced the cause of death as: "1) positional asphyxia 2) epileptiform seizure 3) cavernous angioma, left orbital frontal cerebrum".[2]
The cavernous angioma referred to a brain abnormality discovered during the autopsy that made Joyner subject to seizures. It was a congenital defect.[3] In 1990 she had, according to a family attorney, suffered a grand mal seizure and had been treated for seizures in 1990, 1993 and 1994.
The direct cause of death was that she had suffocated in her pillow during a severe epileptic seizure. She was 38 years old.

from bbc

She retired immediately after the 1988 Games, amid a swirl of rumours about her taking performance-enhancing substances. She always denied the accusations and never failed a drugs test.
She married Al Joyner in October 1987 and had a daughter Mary, who was nicknamed Mo Jo by the US press.

Jamaican athlete Juliette Cuthbert, who ran against Flo-Jo in 1988, said Griffith Joyner had another seizure on board an aeroplane in 1996.
Death of a role model Her premature death is bound to raise questions about her lifestyle and resurrect allegations of drug-taking.

I know it was only rumours !! :confused: But all the signs point to it, her speed in the 100m, retiring straight after 88 (after Ben Johnsons controversy), her premature death etc etc

I'm not saying she was, but you cant say she didnt :spank:

I know it was only rumours !! :confused: But all the signs point to it, her speed in the 100m, retiring straight after 88 (after Ben Johnsons controversy), her premature death etc etc

I'm not saying she was, but you cant say she didnt :spank:
All you need to know is in your post.

She died from a congenital defect and never failed a drugs test. Don't even start! :spank:

All you need to know is in your post.

She died from a congenital defect and never failed a drugs test. Don't even start! :spank:

Thats all they are pal, allegations. Never said she did it. It is a shame though that she isn't here to defend herself when people start throwing accusations around

whatsherface never failed a drug test either!

:lol:

and another gold for Our Queen Liz.

Talking of drugs. Bolt is being accused now. See below :confused: :lol:

German sprinter Tobias Unger (29) called the Olympic 100m men’s final a “farce” and cast doubt on the legitimacy of superstar Usain Bolt’s win.

Tobias Unger

Unger voiced his complaints about the Jamaican sprinter to BILD sport, saying: “Bolt didn’t even warm up for the semi final. He showed up in shorts and jogging shoes, did his pickups and practice starts, put on his spikes and then ran the 100m in 9.92 seconds.
“Bolt ran a time of 9.8 seconds in May and again at the end of September. He showed no tiredness during training,” an annoyed Unger added.
“They do whatever they want on their island. Nothing happens to them. I’m the only one here at the Olympics who is registering with the doping controllers.”
Bolt apparently didn’t even know how to fill out the doping forms. The American sprinters’ coaches actually laughed when they heard about German doping controls.

Be interesting to see what happens here. Personally i really hope he isn't as he's just made sprinting interesting again.

Thats all they are pal, allegations. Never said she did it. It is a shame though that she isn't here to defend herself when people start throwing accusations around

Talking of drugs. Bolt is being accused now. See below :confused: :lol:

German sprinter Tobias Unger (29) called the Olympic 100m men’s final a “farce” and cast doubt on the legitimacy of superstar Usain Bolt’s win.

Tobias Unger

Unger voiced his complaints about the Jamaican sprinter to BILD sport, saying: “Bolt didn’t even warm up for the semi final. He showed up in shorts and jogging shoes, did his pickups and practice starts, put on his spikes and then ran the 100m in 9.92 seconds.
“Bolt ran a time of 9.8 seconds in May and again at the end of September. He showed no tiredness during training,” an annoyed Unger added.
“They do whatever they want on their island. Nothing happens to them. I’m the only one here at the Olympics who is registering with the doping controllers.”
Bolt apparently didn’t even know how to fill out the doping forms. The American sprinters’ coaches actually laughed when they heard about German doping controls.

Be interesting to see what happens here. Personally i really hope he isn't as he's just made sprinting interesting again.

Bolt was running almost wr times when he was 14, as they said today on tv, he was born to run 100 & 200m.

Back