The Euros 2012

Spain had about 75% of the ball, Croatia had a few chances and were unlucky. Spain played as the normally do, just not the finish in the final third. Does anyone think Milner should be in the final 11 over Walcott?

I think Milner is lucky to be in the squad, let alone the starting 11!

He hasn't even turned up the past 2 games. Not sure how anyone can justify his inclusion when you have Ashley Young on form, Theo Walcott coming good, and Oxlade Chamberlain also looking promising.

But I for one would like to see Rooney start from the bench.

The team has got us this far without him - Welbeck & Carroll both have goals.
Let's not forget Rooney has not had a good tournament since 2004.

Keep him on the bench, have him chomping at the bit, then bring him on even more hungry with half hour left.

Carroll's aerial presence will cause the Ukraine centre backs headaches for sure.

I think Milner is lucky to be in the squad, let alone the starting 11!

He hasn't even turned up the past 2 games. Not sure how anyone can justify his inclusion when you have Ashley Young on form, Theo Walcott coming good, and Oxlade Chamberlain also looking promising.

But I for one would like to see Rooney start from the bench.

The team has got us this far without him - Welbeck & Carroll both have goals.
Let's not forget Rooney has not had a good tournament since 2004.

Keep him on the bench, have him chomping at the bit, then bring him on even more hungry with half hour left.

Carroll's aerial presence will cause the Ukraine centre backs headaches for sure.

Yep, all of the above.

Although, there could be some knocks / tiredness that may mean Rooney starts.

I will be cheering for England, I hope they get the win to guarantee they advance and not plat too defensive. Rooney needs to keep his head and not get any stupid fouls.

I will be cheering for England, I hope they get the win to guarantee they advance and not plat too defensive. Rooney needs to keep his head and not get any stupid fouls.

Yes 12/1 England to win the tournament, is the value bet at the moment. Looking forward to some good games ahead.

Rooney needs to score his first international tournament goal in 8 years is what Rooney needs.

Milner is more defensive than Walcott or Oxlaide that's why he'll be playing. Especially with Johnson behind who isn't the best of defenders.

England was lucky on the disallowed goal, but they won the group and will face Italy and not Spain. England looked very fragile in the back, even with parking the bus. This is another example why goal line technology is needed. It was not needed to see that the Ukraine had scored a goal in my opinion.

But the flag didnt go up for offside so if the linesman had seen the ball go over the line the goal would have been allowed no?

England could well do a Chelsea on this European Championship and sneak into the final beating better fancied teams along the way. They have some top players in vital positions Harte, Terry, Gerard and Rooney (all playing well) and if they gather momentum behind them they could be a hard team to beat especialy when like Chelsea, they are not conceding goals. Im very happy with my 12's and expect a good run for my money:)

England was lucky on the disallowed goal, but they won the group and will face Italy and not Spain. England looked very fragile in the back, even with parking the bus. This is another example why goal line technology is needed. It was not needed to see that the Ukraine had scored a goal in my opinion.

Playeer was offside anyway mate , bout time a decision went in our favour

The offside flag did not go up. This may have been payback for Lampard's disallowed goal. That being said the ball crossed the goal line. England will have to play better in the back or they will go home after the next one.

The offside flag did not go up. This may have been payback for Lampard's disallowed goal. That being said the ball crossed the goal line. England will have to play better in the back or they will go home after the next one.

i can see the game versus Italy go the whole road to Pk's

could be the very year that England get to beat Germany at PK's as well if they are carrying their luck :eek:

Back