The Euros 2012

Sweden need to win. But that's because it's the team I got given for the Euro Sweepstake at work :lol:

Much better!!!!

Best 2 games of the tournament so far, great Spain Italy so exciting. Gutted for Ireland keep fighting boys!!!

Uh... ya... Russian fans putting their best face forward, I see :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18383678
:evil:

Surely they would of at least thought of the potential problems before giving the countries the championships? It's disgusting and I bet they'll just try to sweep it under the carpet and nothing serious will happen regarding punishments. I do wonder though, if a ref stops a game how will points be awarded? How will through games be finished behind closed doors? Whoever is responsible for giving the games to such a country should get the sack.

Surely they would of at least thought of the potential problems before giving the countries the championships?
Well, firstly, which countries are you talking about? Russia is not Ukraine nor Poland.

Secondly, I am of the firm belief that any country that is part of the federation should be allowed to hold events. You don't make advances by isolating people, but rather by engaging them.

I often dream about making 300 million Americans live here in Russia, and about making 140 million Russians spend some time in America. That's what changes people's perceptions, not blackballing people because they don't think the way we do.

That said, it still makes me sad to see Russian fans acting like idiots.

Ukraine and Poland I've seen on the news here there has been plenty of abuse already not the Russian fans either. Im not sure how much is polish fans to be fair but some of the black England players have refused to go and be with them for fears of their safety. That surely can't be right.

I heard about that. I think that's a little extreme. I've spent time in Kiev and Donetsk - without the tons of extra police and media attention - and I survived.

I even attended a huge street party and concert with drunken Shakhtar Donetsk fans on the night they clinched the league in 2004, without incident. People were actually quite friendly!

(edit: just read about the brawl in Poznan. It appears the Poles prefer to beat up the Irish, not people of color :lol: :confused:)

Last edited by a moderator:
And you fell for the bait :spank:

And I think you'll find the majority of England supporters would like to see all the home nations qualify for a international tourny. Whereas year after year it's the same tired old 'anyone but England' mantra purported by the Welsh, Scottish and Irish. Get over yourselves, seriously.

haha erm no...i dont think you are getting that "falling for the bait" shout

if anyone is taking bait here its someone telling, welsh, irish and scots to get over themselves

good luck the day ;)

I think the England Vs France will set the table for the group. The winner will have a leg up and should win the group.

Ive got a nightshift to go to tonight, goes without saying im not looking forward to it. I just hope England can put abit of a smile on my face on the way to work later

Do the Polish fans drop local rivalries to join together as one for the national team?

:spank:Racism shouldn't be part of the game :(

OK, so... First round over.
I haven't had time to watch much of anything besides Russia v Czech Rep. (busy long weekend!) but would it be wrong to say that the only thrilling performance of the tournament so far was... Russia?! :eek:

I havent watched much either due to work or mrs moaning :rolleyes:
Thought ENG-GER-LAND did OK last night, not gonna be champions playing like that BUT first proper game in charge I just wish we could of gone for it after going 1 up instead of inviting the french to have a go.
On a side note I used to work in Scotland and only had one situation where a smack head hated me because I am English the rest of the time I used to have great banter with them. A lot of the English "darlings" can't take banter and so think the jocks hate us but I have never found anyone up there who genuinely hated us. I imagine there are a few like anyway though, but on the whole they give as good as they get. The Welsh on the other hand.......what a strange breed :p:lol:

OK, so... First round over.
I haven't had time to watch much of anything besides Russia v Czech Rep. (busy long weekend!) but would it be wrong to say that the only thrilling performance of the tournament so far was... Russia?! :eek:

i would agree, russia have looked the stand out team after the 1st games even if it was against a poor czech team.... England will be hard to beat as well if they can maintain lastnights standard.... hitting on the counter with Rooney back in the team the game after the next might see them go far in this tourney .... (hope im wrong 8))

also been impressed with Italy and well done to Shevchenko lastnight, 2 fantastic goals

I have watched all the matches and Russia looked the best so far. Some of the other teams were willing to settle for a draw. I expect more forward play in the matches going forward when teams need a win to move on, this should open up play a bit. None of the games have been snore fests so far.

Ok, got back yesterday.. AMAZING is all that can be said.

Every single polish person I met was so friendly. I didnt see any trouble whatsoever be it with the locals, spanish or italians.

Gdansk and Sopot was taken over by spanish fans. In all my experiences of footy tournaments (this is my 5th) I've never seen so many spanish fans come over. We mustve outnumbered the italians by 5 to 1.

Great banter with everyone, one of my mates was italian and sat with me in the spanish end and it was all good natured.

Going back to the Polish, the minute i got picked up at the airport the hostel owner started to refer to the BBC, practically apologising for the scenes that we saw, as though it was her fault! I told her that we know all Polish arent racists thugs and that you get idiots in every country. Not sure why but that really annoyed me that she felt she had to say sorry.

If anything id say this time round is the only time i've not felt ripped off by anyone such as taxi, restaurant etc.. just because it was a big tournament (same couldnt be said for South Africa 2010 or Austria 2008 )

In terms of the match, fair result I think. Thought iniesta absolutely killed it.. his touch has to be seen to be believed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back