The end of the West End?

Seems like this place that popped up on Instagram is the new incarnation of The Ship. The address seems to pinpoint that for the address anyway.

Might try a roast there Sunday if up to it and report back

1000009318.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying Bourbon grill. Be a good breakfast spot when we stay at ibiza rocks.

Called into the Highlander last week for a couple of drinks, its still seems like a decent boozer.

The rest of that street though, looks like it’s in terminal decline. Spluttering along on borrowed time.

Some really shady looking boozers with blacked out windows that don’t look inviting in the slightest.

And still the pushy promoters get right in your face like some sort of car salesman pushing to clinch a deal.

Or maybe I’m just getting old 😄

If there is some sort of master plan for the place I hope it starts taking shape soon. It’s currently a catwalk for lucky lucky men selling balloons.

Maybe I am just getting old, and I should leave this area for the youngsters 🤷‍♂️

I personally still like going there, me and my husband, for a few cheap drinks of an evening, once we've done whatever pool parties at Ibiza Rocks (staying there). Usually stick to Highlander, Shenanigans and Delilahs. Agree it's not what it used to be at all and the looky men can be annoying 😂 we are also getting older tbf too - I'm late 30's. Or will be when we're next there 😂

Called into the Highlander last week for a couple of drinks, its still seems like a decent boozer.

The rest of that street though, looks like it’s in terminal decline. Spluttering along on borrowed time.

Some really shady looking boozers with blacked out windows that don’t look inviting in the slightest.

And still the pushy promoters get right in your face like some sort of car salesman pushing to clinch a deal.

Or maybe I’m just getting old 😄

If there is some sort of master plan for the place I hope it starts taking shape soon. It’s currently a catwalk for lucky lucky men selling balloons.

Maybe I am just getting old, and I should leave this area for the youngsters 🤷‍♂️

Tolerance for hassle does decline with age. In my early 20s down the West End I'd happily take part in 'Rock, Paper, Scissor, Stone' to 'win' free shots off the PR's, listen to the shot girls baffling patter like 'you buy a drink, buy me a drink, we'll buy your mate a drink...' 'free Wristband for an empty night at Eden anyone?' now in my late 30s i'm just too grumpy 😂

We normally grab a couple of drinks outside Delilahs in between the better areas and people watch. The balloon guys constantly blowing up the balloons with their own breath always baffles me that people still buy them! It isn't subtle but then people buying are normally well gone.

Helps we go a lot and are "friends of" now and have got on various guestlists for Eden because if that.

Nowhere near as good as the 90s where we would go for a "night off"and it was decent enough in its bad but good kinda way.

Beth also goes a cracking tuna sandwich which hits the spot for me and the cheesecake is good too.

I personally still like going there, me and my husband, for a few cheap drinks of an evening, once we've done whatever pool parties at Ibiza Rocks (staying there). Usually stick to Highlander, Shenanigans and Delilahs. Agree it's not what it used to be at all and the looky men can be annoying 😂 we are also getting older tbf too - I'm late 30's. Or will be when we're next there 😂

Pretty much all it is nowadays. If I'm chilling and not vibing yet I'll do Delilahs and have pints people watching, ended up there last year when I couldn't get home but my friends had gone, so was hardly at peak vibe. I do enjoy going to each though and sitting on the west end, purely nostalgic though and usually in the afternoon as by evening it's not what it was.

Bourbon Grill followed me on Insta and their menu looks great so I'll head there, my friends don't like the west end anymore as it's often a vibekiller when it's so quiet.

Yeah we always seem to find ourselves pulled back towards the place. I don’t know what it is about it.

The place was absolutely booming when I went years ago, even the side streets.

We normally grab a couple of drinks outside Delilahs in between the better areas and people watch. The balloon guys constantly blowing up the balloons with their own breath always baffles me that people still buy them! It isn't subtle but then people buying are normally well gone.

Helps we go a lot and are "friends of" now and have got on various guestlists for Eden because if that.

Nowhere near as good as the 90s where we would go for a "night off"and it was decent enough in its bad but good kinda way.

Beth also goes a cracking tuna sandwich which hits the spot for me and the cheesecake is good too.

People watching! The sport of champions! 😄

Yeah we always seem to find ourselves pulled back towards the place. I don’t know what it is about it.

The place was absolutely booming when I went years ago, even the side streets.

I first went in 2014 and it was so much different back then. Shame really but guess Covid has a lot to answer for. I think like Brizzle said, guilty pleasure and nostalgia! 😄

I first went in 2014 and it was so much different back then. Shame really but guess Covid has a lot to answer for. I think like Brizzle said, guilty pleasure and nostalgia! 😄
It was certainly different back in 2014 I agree, but I think the rot set in before the pandemic I have to say. Once O Beach and Ushuaïa established themselves and once Instagram and the other social media platforms took off, the West End was on borrowed time

It was certainly different back in 2014 I agree, but I think the rot set in before the pandemic I have to say. Once O Beach and Ushuaïa established themselves and once Instagram and the other social media platforms took off, the West End was on borrowed time

I’d have to agree.

My first ever holiday to Ibiza, in 2012 I think, we stayed at the Costa Mar in San Antonio. It was a classic 18-30 style hotel. Very rough and ready if you know what I mean. A bit raggy around the edges but full of character and chaos (the 18-30 business model I suppose lol)

A good few years later me and the missus called in their for a drink, after it had been transformed into the Wikiwoo hotel. Some kind of Instagram film set. I actually felt a little bit sick with all of the bright pinks and luminous colours competing over each other.

I think this is a good example of the point you make.

On a side note, Friday night last week when we were out partying down at Ushuaia, my missus randomly decided that she wanted a tattoo whilst in Ibiza this time. We went to a little tattoo shop down the west end called TinyTattoo. This was another place that looks like an Instagram type shop. The place was very busy and looked like it was doing a roaring trade. Certainly looked a lot busier than all of the other tattoo shops in the area, of which there are many.

This sort of Ocean beach/Wikiwoo type changeover or influence has probably already been covered in many threads on here over the years so I wont bang on too much about it.

Although I’d have to agree with @Avril as well, the pandemic probably banged a few extra nails into the coffin of the West End too.

This thread goes in massive circles 😄 I often wonder what will actually become of the West end in another 10 years or so.

I’d have to agree.

My first ever holiday to Ibiza, in 2012 I think, we stayed at the Costa Mar in San Antonio. It was a classic 18-30 style hotel. Very rough and ready if you know what I mean. A bit raggy around the edges but full of character and chaos (the 18-30 business model I suppose lol)

A good few years later me and the missus called in their for a drink, after it had been transformed into the Wikiwoo hotel. Some kind of Instagram film set. I actually felt a little bit sick with all of the bright pinks and luminous colours competing over each other.

I think this is a good example of the point you make.

On a side note, Friday night last week when we were out partying down at Ushuaia, my missus randomly decided that she wanted a tattoo whilst in Ibiza this time. We went to a little tattoo shop down the west end called TinyTattoo. This was another place that looks like an Instagram type shop. The place was very busy and looked like it was doing a roaring trade. Certainly looked a lot busier than all of the other tattoo shops in the area, of which there are many.

This sort of Ocean beach/Wikiwoo type changeover or influence has probably already been covered in many threads on here over the years so I wont bang on too much about it.

Although I’d have to agree with @Avril as well, the pandemic probably banged a few extra nails into the coffin of the West End too.

This thread goes in massive circles 😄 I often wonder what will actually become of the West end in another 10 years or so.

I also stayed at the Costamar one year, the plugs fizzed everytime you plugged anything in 😂

Another factor was the restrictions on closing times. Cant remember the exact years but it was something like 2012/2013 6am finish, 2014/2015 4am finish, then the big change was inside by midnight approx 2016/2017.

The bars arent big or great to look at inside so it killed the vibe a lot, and anyone wandering past may have thought the streets were dead and not even bothered.

After some time away, Casanova returned to the West End two fridays ago and relocated to the old Nitos/Nightlife/V Vodka Club/etc underneath Koppas :!:

So now they have:
- Bahia Casanova
- Casanova Summum
- Casanova Nitos

Forgot to mention this one..

So this year we were on the west end once and there were actually some PRs for bars which I thought had stopped bothering in the last couple of years, I'm assuming mainly people with EU passports for ease.

Anyway, we're walking up and this guy tries to get us in, my 2 mates went in and chose not to bother as it was empty. He approaches me to ask me to go in and I said 'No thanks' and he pushed me, I removed his hand from my chest and he slapped my hand 😂. It was absolutely bizarre psychopathic behaviour to possibly the only person that had politely declined him rather than ignoring him or telling him to f*** off, which many seemed to.

That bar? The first bar on the left up the steps as you go up the west end hill. the same bar where I was spiked on my first ever visit in my first ever bar and saw others in the same situation on nights afterwards.. A proper rohypnol job, luckily my mate was with me and someone from our hotel recognised me to get me home and tell me what happened the next day(told the story on here before IIRC)

Last edited:
Forgot to mention this one..

So this year we were on the west end once and there were actually some PRs for bars which I thought had stopped bothering in the last couple of years, I'm assuming mainly people with EU passports for ease.

Anyway, we're walking up and this guy tries to get us in, my 2 mates went in and chose not to bother as it was empty. He approaches me to ask me to go in and I said 'No thanks' and he pushed me, I removed his hand from my chest and he slapped my hand 😂. It was absolutely bizarre psychopathic behaviour to possibly the only person that had politely decline him rather than ignoring him or telling him to f*** off, which many seemed to.

That bar? The first bar on the left up the steps as you go up the west end hill. the same bar where I was spiked on my first ever visit in my first ever bar and saw others in the same situation on nights afterwards.. A proper rohypnol job, luckily my mate was with me and someone from our hotel recognised me to get me home and tell me what happened the next day(told the story on here before IIRC)
😳

Back