Tesco

The self service check out took away jobs from locals and put money in corporate pockets. The savings were not passed to the customers. I go to a check out person everytime I shop to keep someone employed:spank:

Not so much that just the whole experience. They whizz it through and then you move your trolley to the end of the aisle then pack it yourself after paying? Random.

The last time i went into a Lidyl (however its spelt) many moons ago you had to buy your bags for your shopping :eek: do they still do that ?!

CAN'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOU'VE ALL BEEN TALKING ABOUT SUPERMARKETS FOR THIS LONG.

The mundanity is killing me. Off to top self.

:lol: Its funny how everyday theres a random conversation that goes strong thoughout our working day...and today its supermarkets lol

The last time i went into a Lidyl (however its spelt) many moons ago you had to buy your bags for your shopping :eek: do they still do that ?!

I don't see a problem with that. People take shed loads of bags and then just dump them in the bin. No harm in paying 3p, yes 3p for a bag that can then be re-used.

Those bag for life jobs cost 10p and will then be replaced once broken, hardly a hardship really on the grand scale of things.

Leeds market is one of the biggest indoor markets in Europe.

Spot on. Every big city has markets, local stores, butchers etc.

If you want to make the time to find them then they are out there.

Only reason I dont use them all the time is due to the cost. Tesco, Asda etc have such a strangle hold that they keep the prices so so low.

Very true.

Even Sainsburys and Tesco there is a difference. We find better deals in Tesco so spend less but prefer Sainsburys and its our local.

Anything thats to be digested, will not be bought from Tesco. Pointless having a 'weekly' shop, we end up throwing half of it away, because it see through to midweek!

I don't see a problem with that. People take shed loads of bags and then just dump them in the bin. No harm in paying 3p, yes 3p for a bag that can then be re-used.

Those bag for life jobs cost 10p and will then be replaced once broken, hardly a hardship really on the grand scale of things.

Aye, disposable carriers should be £1 each. There really is no need for people to be using disposable carrier bags these days.

The self service check out took away jobs from locals and put money in corporate pockets. The savings were not passed to the customers. I go to a check out person everytime I shop to keep someone employed:spank:

Very true. From a corporate perspective, they are a great idea. 18 checkouts open all day, and you only need to pay 3 staff (at most) to manage them.
From a colleague perspective, they are horrible. As it can be difficult to manage that many checkouts at once.

I didn't realize the Leeds market sold fresh produce. May try and check it out at some point, but other than nights out, I never venture in to Leeds city centre.

Anything thats to be digested, will not be bought from Tesco. Pointless having a 'weekly' shop, we end up throwing half of it away, because it see through to midweek!

Dont use their online shopping - they bring you things with sell by dates of 2 days :spank:

Poking eyes out with hot rods in despair.

Oh and I bought some red peppers in Sainsburys earlier this week.

and some sprouts.

zzzzzzzzzz

Any of you been to a good supermarket in the US?

Every time I go to Publix or Sweetwater (two chains where my parents live), it's all so nice that I just want to cry with joy :cry:

I do like Sainsbury's in the UK. Tesco's a bit a of a nightmare. Not as bad as here though where even the nice supermarkets can't seem to keep the same item in stock between two visits :evil:

I did like Walmart when I went to the US, but more due to the size.

Publix had some very nice food. :)

Back