Tesco

the morrisons in stoke newington is super-chilled and they have wicked music playing in the evenings. the car park is confusing and is more like dodgems at a funfair because none of the lanes are clearly marked. Their days are probably numbered though with the new sainsburys down the road.

the netto around the corner is the arse-end of the retail experience - this is proper minimum wage territory, when you're desperate for bargains - there's about 10 baskets in the whole store, and some of those don't even have handles. There's no order to any of the shelves, you might find a tin of beans and a shoe next to it. All imported brands you've never heard of. This is what I imagine shopping in the communist bloc was like in the 70s.

the sainsburys next door should be better than it is but nobody gives a XXXX - the dripping ceiling in the sealed off meat area at the weekend was not a strong look. it's convenient but I feel morally indecent buying there. Just wish there was a market nearby I could get cheap, fresh, quality produce from, but hey that's Great Britain for you.

when it comes to food, I miss Spain so, so, so much :cry:

In London, you are never more than 20 ft away from a rat.

That's why I live here.

44201_10150291618295253_519000252_15081941_7620691_n.jpg

Passionate about rats! Amazing creatures. 8)

the morrisons in stoke newington is super-chilled and they have wicked music playing in the evenings. the car park is confusing and is more like dodgems at a funfair because none of the lanes are clearly marked. Their days are probably numbered though with the new sainsburys down the road.

the netto around the corner is the arse-end of the retail experience - this is proper minimum wage territory, when you're desperate for bargains - there's about 10 baskets in the whole store, and some of those don't even have handles. There's no order to any of the shelves, you might find a tin of beans and a shoe next to it. All imported brands you've never heard of. This is what I imagine shopping in the communist bloc was like in the 70s.

the sainsburys next door should be better than it is but nobody gives a XXXX - the dripping ceiling in the sealed off meat area at the weekend was not a strong look. it's convenient but I feel morally indecent buying there. Just wish there was a market nearby I could get cheap, fresh, quality produce from, but hey that's Great Britain for you.

when it comes to food, I miss Spain so, so, so much :cry:

Ever been to Aldi/Lidl?

Lidl isn't too bad, looked at moving in to management at a store. Would of been an interesting experince. But they are at the arse end of technology, with most work being done by hand. Not somewhere I ever shop myself. Nor do I intend to.

Bit of a Sainsbury's snob, but I grew up eating their food, then worked there for four years.

Waitrose is probably the nicest shopping experience I've had since moving to Leeds.

Don't think I ever had one in London.

Shocking stores :eek: for the sheer fact the people that go in there are just...well....weird / odd / slightly non human :eek:

Not so much that just the whole experience. They whizz it through and then you move your trolley to the end of the aisle then pack it yourself after paying? Random.

Just wish there was a market nearby I could get cheap, fresh, quality produce from, but hey that's Great Britain for you.

Luckily I walk past 2 Greengrocers and 2 butchers on the way home from work meaning I dont have to shop in Tesco or any big supermarket!

Lidl isn't too bad, looked at moving in to management at a store. Would of been an interesting experince. But they are at the arse end of technology, with most work being done by hand. Not somewhere I ever shop myself. Nor do I intend to.

Bit of a Sainsbury's snob, but I grew up eating their food, then worked there for four years.

Waitrose is probably the nicest shopping experience I've had since moving to Leeds.

Don't think I ever had one in London.

Have to agree, when it comes to fresh fruit Sainsburys is 10 times better. I have ordered and bought stuff in Tesco and its off within days and generally doesnt look as nice. Sainsburys is better quality.

Our Waitroses are lovely too - just not for your every week shop (for me personally money wise :lol:)

Have to agree, when it comes to fresh fruit Sainsburys is 10 times better. I have ordered and bought stuff in Tesco and its off within days and generally doesnt look as nice. Sainsburys is better quality.

Our Waitroses are lovely too - just not for your every week shop (for me personally money wise :lol:)

I'd love to have the money to spend at Waitrose. It's such nice produce in there, but, alas, a £25 food bill in Tesco per week can look closer to £40 in Waitrose.

CAN'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOU'VE ALL BEEN TALKING ABOUT SUPERMARKETS FOR THIS LONG.

The mundanity is killing me. Off to top self.

I'd love to have the money to spend at Waitrose. It's such nice produce in there, but, alas, a £25 food bill in Tesco per week can look closer to £40 in Waitrose.

Very true.

Even Sainsburys and Tesco there is a difference. We find better deals in Tesco so spend less but prefer Sainsburys and its our local.

CAN'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOU'VE ALL BEEN TALKING ABOUT SUPERMARKETS FOR THIS LONG.

I did think as I typed my replies "god I used to be fun is this what moving out does to you"

Going to stop now :eek::oops::lol:

I'm fairly lucky, I've got all five supermarkets within a 15 minute drive.

I hate Morrisons. I do my absolute best to never shop in there.

Ah, well, it's 4/5ths of my working life, so I can ramble on about supermarkets for hours. :(

Christ, when did I stop being 21.

Thats 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back after reading this thread.

Support your local trader people.

Back