Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2023

Dates you were there: 23rd September - 30th September

Where you stayed:
Palladium Palmyra - San Antonio. I stayed here twice last year and had a great experience, the rooms were nice and quiet and I could get some rest when I needed it. This time round though I had a room right next to the path that runs to ocean beach and there was noise at several points during the night from that. There was also thumping music coming from somewhere on the Saturday night that went until 4-5 am. Couple all that with a buzzing fuse box in the room and my first night was not great. Tried and failed to change rooms, thankfully I was out 5 nights so it didn't matter too much and was obviously too shattered to care the rest of the time. Put a bit of a dampner on things hotel wise but maybe will stay somewhere else next time.

Nights Visited:
Armin Van Buuren at Ushuaia - hadn't been here before and there was a good group going so decided to tick it off the list. As a venue it is more of a concert feel but I'm glad I went. Armin was exactly as expected though - EDM but I found a couple of Welsh people who seemed equally as bored with it so we spent some of the evening checking the rugby score (Wales won of course!).

Pyramid at Amnesia - bit of a last minute decision after Armin but oh my god it was a good one. Alan Fitzpatrick was the main draw for me and he was slamming out the dark hard techno. Loved every second of it! Didn't think much of Adam Beyer but Lilly Palmer was going for it and was the better person to see!

Kevin and Perry at Amnesia - went to this last year and it was the best night I'd been to in a long time. This year we got a large group so went full VIP. It was nice to experience to see what it was like but it's not for me. It lacked atmosphere, the people on the table next to us were horrible and my friend fell over the really low balcony railing. Thank god for the platform underneath where the dancers go. I also ended up freezing cold due to the lack of others body heat 😂 musically I seemed to miss all my favourite tunes this year. No idea what happened but it totally missed the mark for me.

Shine at Eden - I'm a huge trance lover so I had been looking forward to this, but ended up disappointed. Just couldn't get into what PVD was playing. I stuck it out to the end but was happy to leave. I spent most of my night chatting to people - I think this is why I have no voice left 😂 funny point of the evening was chatting to Scot Project in the VIP toilets.

Best night:
Pyramid at Amnesia

Worst night:
Armin at Ushuaia

Best bar:
Itaca - we joined the trance event sunset party with Rob Tissera and it was just magic as the sun went down. Great crowd in there too.

Best place to eat:
Didn't have proper meals as such but the curry I had at Golden Buddha was pretty good.

Money spent:
No idea

Biggest regret:
Giving in to my tiredness on Wednesday - even though I slept 8 hours I felt bloody awful on Thursday morning. Should have just powered on through to another party.

Going back?:
Of course

Observations and/or conclusion:
A special mention goes to @stivi for the fantastic hike he took us on. It was really good to get out and do something totally different. He's a great guide and I learnt a lot about the island. Doing something like this made me feel like I'd had a "proper" holiday, and didn't just waste it partying. Also took a trip out to Santa Eulalia to find the Kevin and Perry apartment which killed a few hours. The weather was absolutely perfect too which meant hanging out on the beach and swimming in the sea.

It was also lovely to meet @Browny, @Midlands-Andy and their other halves for a quick drink! Also a shoutout to @Johnny Vodka for his company at several points during the week. I'm very much gutted to be home.

Top Tip: book a hike with Stivi!!

Dates you were there : 23-30 sep

Where you stayed: els pins san an bay

Club nights visited: Ben H @ ibiza rocks sunday, Sven @ las dalias / akasha

Best night: enjoyed both (for much different reasons!)

Worst night: n/a but the tuesday in general as i felt like an absolute bag of self inflicted sh!t

Best bar: enjoyed golden buddha a couple of times, sa flama on the beach & urban lounge in the bay

Best place to eat: had a really nice steak somewhere in the bay (will find out name), ate at davids which was ok but the pizzas didn’t seem the same? & also had a nice mexicans on the front in santa eulalia before sven (again will find out name)

Best beach and/or beach club: didn’t really venture out of the bay tbh !

Money spent: between the 2 of us about £2500 just spendingo_O

Biggest regret: going flat out first 3 days resulting in me being well below par and not wanting to do much days 4&5

Going back?: obvs

Top tip: get to akasha

Observations and/or conclusion: said it in other threads but the younger ones nowadays are mostly horrendous. Self obsessed wankers who care only about themselves and i can guarantee its the two stepping tech house crew / ocean beach crew im on about and its the blokes who are worse than the ladies by a distance!. Such a shame there’s so many tech house events at the big clubs to attract them all to the island.

Taxi situation 10x better this year

Had a great time all in all and already looking for next year! Was great to meet a few off here this year too

Last edited:

Worst night: n/a but the tuesday in general as i felt like an absolute bag of self inflicted sh!t

Best bar: enjoyed golden buddha a couple of times, sa flama on the beach & urban lounge in the bay

Best place to eat: had a really nice steak somewhere in the bay (will find out name), ate at davids which was ok but the pizzas didn’t seem the same? & also had a nice mexicans on the front in santa eulalia before sven (again will find out name)

Biggest regret: going flat out first 3 days resulting in me being well below par and not wanting to do much days 4&5

Observations and/or conclusion: said it in other threads but the younger ones nowadays are mostly horrendous. Self obsessed wankers who care only about themselves and i can guarantee its the two stepping tech house crew / ocean beach crew im on about and its the blokes who are worse than the ladies by a distance!. Such a shame there’s so many tech house events at the big clubs to attract them all to the island.

Had a great time all in all and already looking for next year! Was great to meet a few off here this year too
Totally agree with the younger crowd! love your description of them ha...they are bad, didn't notice it last year but this year I did, yeh its the bloody tech house events that attract them for sure...bloody chavs!

“i felt like an absolute bag of self inflicted sh!t” 😂😂😂 best description I’ve seen of a hangover.

Jack up prices more?

Whilst that might help I was thinking more drastic measures. Like banning problematic nationalities/age groups from entering Spain in first place. But the Spanish authorities don’t have the will or resources to achieve this sadly

Whilst that might help I was thinking more drastic measures. Like banning problematic nationalities/age groups from entering Spain in first place. But the Spanish authorities don’t have the will or resources to achieve this sadly
You cant ban certain nationalities!

Its mostly a culture change.. The whole E culture / clubber that was around in the 80's / 90's and 00's, the ethos that went with the type of people is no longer with the younger generation. Loved up, kindness, dancing, consideration of other people has gone. Hence the pushing / shoving thats seen and felt in clubs. They are pissed or coked up nowadays rather then throwing shapes or gurning for their country. Phones / photos are part of their lives, as they have grown up that way and know no better. There's also the added commercialization of Ibiza to the masses now, rather then the niche clientele of old. The popularity of Ushuaia / Calvin / David, the marketing is targeted at that age via socials.. Its a hard one to get right, the nicer mature crowd vs the wild ignorant inconsiderate pups (too harsh ;) ).. Anyway just a thought..

Its mostly a culture change.. The whole E culture / clubber that was around in the 80's / 90's and 00's, the ethos that went with the type of people is no longer with the younger generation. Loved up, kindness, dancing, consideration of other people has gone. Hence the pushing / shoving thats seen and felt in clubs. They are pissed or coked up nowadays rather then throwing shapes or gurning for their country. Phones / photos are part of their lives, as they have grown up that way and know no better. There's also the added commercialization of Ibiza to the masses now, rather then the niche clientele of old. The popularity of Ushuaia / Calvin / David, the marketing is targeted at that age via socials.. Its a hard one to get right, the nicer mature crowd vs the wild ignorant inconsiderate pups (too harsh ;) ).. Anyway just a thought..
Add ket to that list

Thats the reason for the hard doors in Berlin... The whole time it works in Ibz without But some people told me : 30 years ago the Doors of Ku we're not easy. Pacha, too. Ist it correct ? Someone Heard about ?
Thats the reason for the pike age policy. They know whats up .

Dates you were there: 23rd September - 30th September

Where you stayed:
Palladium Palmyra - San Antonio. I stayed here twice last year and had a great experience, the rooms were nice and quiet and I could get some rest when I needed it. This time round though I had a room right next to the path that runs to ocean beach and there was noise at several points during the night from that. There was also thumping music coming from somewhere on the Saturday night that went until 4-5 am. Couple all that with a buzzing fuse box in the room and my first night was not great. Tried and failed to change rooms, thankfully I was out 5 nights so it didn't matter too much and was obviously too shattered to care the rest of the time. Put a bit of a dampner on things hotel wise but maybe will stay somewhere else next time.

Nights Visited:
Armin Van Buuren at Ushuaia - hadn't been here before and there was a good group going so decided to tick it off the list. As a venue it is more of a concert feel but I'm glad I went. Armin was exactly as expected though - EDM but I found a couple of Welsh people who seemed equally as bored with it so we spent some of the evening checking the rugby score (Wales won of course!).

Pyramid at Amnesia - bit of a last minute decision after Armin but oh my god it was a good one. Alan Fitzpatrick was the main draw for me and he was slamming out the dark hard techno. Loved every second of it! Didn't think much of Adam Beyer but Lilly Palmer was going for it and was the better person to see!

Kevin and Perry at Amnesia - went to this last year and it was the best night I'd been to in a long time. This year we got a large group so went full VIP. It was nice to experience to see what it was like but it's not for me. It lacked atmosphere, the people on the table next to us were horrible and my friend fell over the really low balcony railing. Thank god for the platform underneath where the dancers go. I also ended up freezing cold due to the lack of others body heat 😂 musically I seemed to miss all my favourite tunes this year. No idea what happened but it totally missed the mark for me.

Shine at Eden - I'm a huge trance lover so I had been looking forward to this, but ended up disappointed. Just couldn't get into what PVD was playing. I stuck it out to the end but was happy to leave. I spent most of my night chatting to people - I think this is why I have no voice left 😂 funny point of the evening was chatting to Scot Project in the VIP toilets.

Best night:
Pyramid at Amnesia

Worst night:
Armin at Ushuaia

Best bar:
Itaca - we joined the trance event sunset party with Rob Tissera and it was just magic as the sun went down. Great crowd in there too.

Best place to eat:
Didn't have proper meals as such but the curry I had at Golden Buddha was pretty good.

Money spent:
No idea

Biggest regret:
Giving in to my tiredness on Wednesday - even though I slept 8 hours I felt bloody awful on Thursday morning. Should have just powered on through to another party.

Going back?:
Of course

Observations and/or conclusion:
A special mention goes to @stivi for the fantastic hike he took us on. It was really good to get out and do something totally different. He's a great guide and I learnt a lot about the island. Doing something like this made me feel like I'd had a "proper" holiday, and didn't just waste it partying. Also took a trip out to Santa Eulalia to find the Kevin and Perry apartment which killed a few hours. The weather was absolutely perfect too which meant hanging out on the beach and swimming in the sea.

It was also lovely to meet @Browny, @Midlands-Andy and their other halves for a quick drink! Also a shoutout to @Johnny Vodka for his company at several points during the week. I'm very much gutted to be home.

Top Tip: book a hike with Stivi!!

It was great to spend more time with you too! I shall try and write a review when I get home.

Best bar:
I was there, would have loved to say hello, but had no idea you (or any other non-ITE crowd) would turn up there, so didn't even look for new faces. Other time maybe.

Dates you were there: September 22-30

Where you stayed: Hotel Tropical in San Antonio (booked as part of the Ibiza Trance Event package). Nothing to be excited about, but delivers value for money.

Club nights visited: Kevin&Perry @ Amnesia, PVD all night @ Eden, all ITE parties (will write a detailed review later)

Best night: ITE boat party, although it was not at night :)

Worst night: PVD @Eden. He flirted with melodic techno for one hour, then played 2 hours of some horrible **** that didn't get into my mind at all, then played 3 hours of great trance tunes. I do not appreciate having to listen to 2 hours of ****, even though the rest was good.

Best bar: Itaca! Had two amazing parties with the ITE crowd there. Also got a free beer there - the first free drink in my 12 trips to the island! I showed the bartender a big text "SAN MIGUEL" on my smartphone simply to avoid shouting into his ear. But he found it so funny he gave me the beer for free. People around me immediately got their smartphones out, but alas, there is no free beer for the second place :D

Best place to eat: Sanan Thai in San Antonio. What a respite from the godawful hotel food! Fresh, delicious, Asian, affordable.

Best beach and/or beach club: Sa Trinxa in Salinas. Also been to Cala San Vicente and Punta Galera, they are all great too.

Money spent: Not much

Biggest regret: Booking half board at Tropical - how can you make such atrocious food for dinner? They didn't even get coleslaw right. And the apple "juice" they served for breakfast belongs into hazmat waste.

Going back?: :D:D:D

Top tip: Get a rental car - saves you a ton of money by forcing you to moderate your drinking ;)

Observations and/or conclusion: Ibiza is still fun. Very curious if there will be a trend for throwback parties in the coming years - this would revive and extend my clubbing career on the island, I don't love much of today's music despite being able to survive it... "Rewind" @Eden was a great idea even though I couldn't attend - hopefully there will be such parties in the coming years too.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 26-28th September

Where you stayed: Palladium White Isle in Bossa. Not stated in PDB for a long time (too old I thought!) but only there for 2 nights/3 days so all inclusive made financial sense. The value was very good as it's out of high season. Good food, drinks and cocktails available 24/7. Downside was the shower... bloody terrible for newly refurbished rooms/hotel! Not what you want after sweating in a club!

Club nights visited: Amnesia for Kevin & Perry Experience. Absolutely loved this, in fact I'm still not over it! I grew up on trance and it got me into clubbing, but never got to experience it in Ibiza back in the day. Maybe a full circle moment for me, but hearing the tunes literally made my dancing dreams come true. I'm usually all for hearing new tracks, new DJs etc but this was special. The crowd were great too and super friendly. Does anyone know if DJ Paul Coles has an Instagram or FB account?!

Best night: Amnesia for Kevin & Perry

Worst night: n/a

Best bar: Angelo's on the port in Ibiza Town

Best place to eat: too many to choose from from previous trips but we ate one night at La Bodega and the tapas is always great there

Best beach and/or beach club: n/a this trip

Money spent: around £800 all in

Biggest regret: booking 2 nights and not 3 or 4!

Going back?: already booked flights and villa for April 2024, can't wait to see the Island before summer kicks off. Also back in July hopefully!

Top tip: although we were only there for 2 nights, only going to one party was a good idea. Sometimes you can chase the dream of every night being amazing and it's not always the case for many different reasons. Glad we just went drinking on the final night, has also softened the come down back in the UK!

Observations and/or conclusion: agree with a lot of the comments above about the crowd etc - it's the next generation who IMO didn't get to Ibiza or to any proper rave/club pre-pandemic. They all watch it on tiktok and then think this is how to party now. As we know it's not, and it's bringing the wrong vibe unfortunately. I don't think this is 40 year old me talking either! We were all young once but I don't remember behaving that way when I was in the big clubs back in the day. Also, it's worth noting the UK club scene is practically dead now from so many venue closures so Ibiza and other locations are the only place to find a decent rave!

Despite all of this, the Ibiza magic will always be there...you just have to remember how to find it ❤️

Gonna stick my neck out and stand up for the young folk a bit, yes they can be annoying but we must have been at 18,19,20? I got into some right states at that age. They’re just finding their feet…you know which parties and clubs to swerve if you want to miss this?

Back