Best bar: N/A

Best place to eat: N/A

Best beach and/or beach club: N/A

Money spent: Not much as there for 24 hours

Biggest regret:

Going back?: hell yes! 3 weeks

Top tip:

Observations and/or conclusion:

Decided to go to Pacha for Dixon the week before, as I live in Madrid only one hour away so I thought why not!

Arrived at 10 pm so rushed to the hotel to start getting ready! Once ready was excited to get the party going. Taxi rank at the port was no one there so got a taxi easily, thought I might have to walk as there would be a big queue. Going into the club no queue either breezed in with my spotlight ticket.

I expected Pacha to be more busy than it was. Hi and Ushuaia also had their party going on so maybe that's why it was not so busy.
Dance floor there were enough people but the top bit by the bar was dead

Trick was quite good, Dixon was great and played a different set than what I thought he would but it was great. He played a couple of new tunes he has been playing recently.

I had a bit of a funny turn and @4tothefloor saved me! and I made him stay with me till the end ha, it did finish about 15 mins early though
also lovely to meet @Sassette, (so we did have a mini Ibiza spotlight meet up)

Did the walk of shame at 10am :spank: but was not too bad as used the back roads to get to my hotel and they were empty! could have been worse.

Getting a taxi to airport was annoying on Sunday, no taxis at all due to the marathon. Could not even get any on the taxi app. I thought I would miss my flight but luckily made it on time. Luckily I flagged one down and a couple asked if they could join as they were going to the airport, nice guy paid 20 euro and I only paid 5 euro, nice result!

All in all, great night! Cant wait for black coffee opening and DC10

Dates you were there: Saturday 29th April - Tuesday 2nd May

Where you stayed: Hotel Typic Marina in San An Bay. Superb little hotel, really modern and spacious apartment style rooms with kitchen and fridge e.t.c I'll definitely stay there again. Lovely staff and pool area. The resident let us play in the afternoons, so that really set us up for the night ahead. Top guy called Mario.

Club nights visited: Ushuaia opening then onto Hi opening. Blu Marlin opening.
Best night: Hi was brilliant. My first visit since it was Space. Amazing crystal clear sound system. Superb sets from everyone I caught.

Worst night: None
Best bar: We spent most of Monday at Mambo having a table in the afternoon then again for sunset. Sublime music from Andy Warburton, Jason Bye and Ryan McDermot. They really are kings of their trade!

Best place to eat: Skinny Kitchen in San An Marina. Blue Marlin. The sushi is amazing

Best beach and/or beach club: Blue Marlin

Money spent: About £1500 all in for 3 days of hedonism!

Biggest regret: Never any!

Going back?: A week in July for Clockwork Orange

Top tip: Chat to staff and locals, they're fresh at them moment! They'll probably hate me in July

Observations and/or conclusion: It's the earliest i've visited the island in 26 trips and its perfect this time of year. the sea is warm enough to swim in and people are really friendly.

All in all a SUPERB trip, up there with the best if not the best!

Dates you were there:
6-12th may

Where you stayed: Azuline Bergantin, San An

Club nights visited:
Glitterbox opening

Best night:
Glitterbox opening was my only club night this time as I was solo. Was rammed, but enjoyed Julie Mcknight live PA and the vibe in general.

Worst night:
None personally as I only went to one club night.

Best bar:
I spent a lot of afternoons at reggae beach playa pinet so going to say reggae beach. Not the cheapest but the drinks are very good as are the staff, always great.
I also like the Boozer down the West End, as John and his wife have always been very nice to me over the many years I have been frequenting their establishment.
Cafe Mambo for the pre parties is always amazing.

Best place to eat:
Somehwere I never see mentioned but the food is lovely and affordable. Freedom resteraunte Playa Pinet. Had many long lunches here over the years. Can highly recommend the Dorada. Gets busy with locals at the weekends.

Best beach and/or beach club:
Cala Comte was a lovely morning out.

Money spent:
1200 euros - I ate in the hotel a couple of times as I was all inclusive, but generally ate out every afternoon.
Don't think I had dinner once as I am more of a lunch, then drink all afternoon on the beach, shower, then out again kind of person.
Just needed a break and had the coin, life is for living after all.

Biggest regret:
Not hiring a car.
I also don't think I will go solo again. it was my second time doing it, and although I had a great time, Its always nice to have somebody to help egg you on when the energy levels get low. Thats the problem when all of your mates have kids and commitments etc!

Going back?:
100%. I dont think I will ever not visit Ibiza. Very lucky to have been visiting on family holidays since I was around 8, to Es Cana, Santa Eularia. I am now 31 and cannot count how many times I have been. I have family in Cyprus and could have stayed there for free, but its nothing like Ibiza, cannot compare. so went for it, again!
Hopefully back end of September time, if not I think a winter visit is in order.

Top tip:
Treasure every moment, take lots of photos, dont litter, dont be a knob.
Will leave other tips to the professionals, just enjoy yourselves.
Oh and buy your tickets from Ibiza Spotlight, obviously!

As we have all seen for many years, Ibiza is changing. I fear that the budget brit tourist such as myself will soon be priced out of holidays here.
With thats said, its Ibiza so I will always find a way to make it work. I found the Island was really busy even though it was very early season.
I personally enjoyed every minute of it, even when I was the only person on the beach in the rain one morning!
Ibiza holds a very special place in many of our hearts, like many of you already do, the long term plan is try and move over, maybe won't be for 10-15 years, but it will happen one day.
Enjoy your holidays everyone and as I say, make the most of it. Memories are everything.

Dates you were there: Saturday 6th May- Saturday 13th May

Where you stayed: loft apartment between Vara De Rey and Plaza del Parque in Ibiza Town

Club nights visited: Dixon / Trikk Pacha Pre Season Special and Circoloco DC-10

Best night: Pacha I guess but was a bit underwhelming due to lack of numbers and therefore downstairs only open but nice friendly mixed crowd and we finally got to briefly meet @cunninghamali but it was also nice to have music in the Garden at DC-10 but Sarah ran out of steam so we left early around midnight … you really need to be in the right mindset to go inside as it was pretty rammed despite early season

Worst night: see above nothing really to complain about

Best bar: we really do love Plaza del Parque bars and early season the staff are extra friendly

Best place to eat: We really like the Pizza and Salads at Shu in Talamanca … also shout out to Hostel del Parque for some good food decent price

Best beach and/or beach club: we did a mini hike around Salinas and ended up at El Chinguereto on Es Cavalat and it was pricey but the service and food was pretty good

Money spent: best part of £3k I would think

Biggest regret: no regrets … we enjoyed the early season and despite some forecast rain and lower temperatures it didn’t effect our plans

Going back?: back in September for 10 days and also switching around another trip in July to make space for Solomun closing in October

Top tip: we managed to arrange a hike with @stivi with his Balearic Outdoor Adventures business and it was excellent .. we requested an “easier” hike and were joined by a lovely younger English couple. We hiked around a couple of really cool look out spots at Es Vedra in the early evening which we had never made it to previously and learned things about the Island and spent some time with Stivi … I thoroughly recommend it and we hope to make it a regular thing …

Other things of note for early May was that we arrived when the world triathlon was on and we caught the second day when the older age groups compete … this meant there was a great atmosphere in Ibiza town and we spent a few hours in the side streets off the port enjoying the race and cheering on the competitors from all over the world … our second weekend coincided with the Medieval Festival which also brought a lot of atmosphere and bodies to Ibiza Town which was also really nice …. All in all we had a super relaxing trip and looking forward to our return in September

Dates you were there:

22-26th May

Where you stayed:

Villa Florimar, Talamanca

Club nights visited:

Circo Loco & Woo opening at Pikes

Best night

Woo

Worst night:

Circo Loco

Best bar:

A little backstreet bar in Ibiza town I stumbled across but didn’t catch the name of

Best place to eat:

Bambudda for Miso hungry (Thanks Spotlight!)

Sa Trinxa

Money spent:

Maybe a grand ish

Biggest regret:

Going back?

1-5th October

Top tip:

Maybe an obvious one for most, but if you enter Pikes through the restaurant bit you’ll end up at the back of Freddie’s where there’s usually more room to dance. Entering through the front way was off the sunset terrace can be off putting as it always looks so jammed!

Wander the backstreets of Ibiza town and try out new bars you usually wouldn’t go in

Weather wasn’t all that good but still had a great time and found the sea a lovely temperature. So much warmer than April.

DC10 has changed so much. Kind of glad I went back after such a long time but can’t see me ever going back again. I get things evolve but it certainly isn’t for me anymore 👴🏼

Pikes was brilliant as always. Is that Bathroom tub club a new thing? So funny 😂

Dates you were there: May 23-25

Where you stayed: Vibra Riviera hotel (awful parking situation, OK otherwise)

Club nights visited: none. Had a ticket for Reboot@Eden, but decided not to go (lack of beach time meant I was too tired/sleepy).

Best night: sleeping in the comfy hotel bed with the lights of San Antonio Bay outside ;)

Worst night: ---

Best bar: sa Trinxa

Best place to eat: sa Trinxa (my review)

Best beach and/or beach club: Salinas. The water is a bit warmer than at other beaches so early in the year.

Money spent: ~400€ including flight, hotel and a rental car - a steal!

Biggest regret: Should have slept at the hotel during daytime and went to the party afterwards. The weather on Tuesday sucked anyway.

Going back?: September 22-30, for the Ibiza Trance Event

Top tip: Use the "Medusas Ibiza" app to avoid beaches with jellyfish.

Dates you were there: 19 - 26 May

Where you stayed: private finca near San Rafael

Club nights visited: Ants, keinemusik @ pacha, circoloco, saga

Best night: keinemusik all night long. Perfect night. Circoloco was fun with Cici (check her out!) and my first great seth troxler set in years! Maceo Plex noshowing was a huge letdown (btw still not a word from dc10 or maceo about reason. Heard rumours about Plex noshowing a lot of dates atm).

Worst night: Ants. All my expectations were true: First three acts all playing indistinguishable, blandest tech house, same speed and energy, no warmup, no vocals. Tini gessler, silvie loto and chelina manuhutu all terribly boring! Also disappointed by Adam Beyer playing a pure tech house set instead of his techno. And the stage this year looking cheap and ugly.

Best bar: I don‘t go to bars in Ibiza.

Best place to eat: tried can puyol for the first time, what a paella! silencio on the other hand much too expensive for what it was.

Best beach and/or beach club: sa trinxa, still nothing better.

Money spent: I sure as hell won‘t add it all up, that would probably depress me :)

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: September.

Top tip: Protect your ears

Observations and/or conclusion: generally I hadn‘t thought Clubs would be so busy during May in between openings. Even Pacha on the Wednesday was full! And yes, entry prices and drinks are madness!

Dates you were there:
18-21 May - weather looked dodgy but thankfully was sunny the whole time we were there.

Where you stayed:
TRS Hotel in San An - Very impressed. Was all inclusive which I had never done (also never stayed in San An) but all fears were unjustified. Fab, attentive staff, great food and drink on tap and just a really lovely hotel. Adults only too so good vibes. Would really recommend.

Club nights visited:
Music On at Pacha (week 2)......well, what can i say? I'm an Amnesia boy through and through usually but i must say, had a bloody great night. That sound system really is something else in there and the rolling beats of Carola really got me going (and 1 and a half Punishers...). Such a good night. Me and the other half went through to 6.30am, way later than the rest of our group. Such a fun night.

Best night:
See above.....

Worst night:
Only there three nights and all were decent

Best bar:
Before Pacha we reserved an area for 10 of us with food and drink on the roof of The Standard in Ibiza Town - did the same in October last year for my birthday. Really good food and vibes and the lovely (in every way) Gabriel looked after us all for the 3 hours we were there. Amazing setting too.

Best place to eat:
We actually had a half decent meal at Monkey in San An on the first night but The Standard probably beat it.
Also, not strictly 'best place to eat' but a LOT of Jamon Ruffles were consumed of course.

Not this time

Money spent:
I literally have no idea but it was worth it

Biggest regret:
Not staying 45 mins more at Music On?
Stressing about the weather before maybe?

Going back?:
Always

Top tip:
Don't judge San An as i did. I was being a twat.

We jumped on the boat to Denia for a week after.....always nice adding on chill and food time after Ibiza if you can

Dates you were there: 27-30 May

Ibiza trip number 2

Where you stayed: Hotel vibra vila figueretas, nice spot, used to be called playa del sol and stayed there a few times. Basic nothing amazing but has a spar next door and near to PDB and ibiza town, taxis were reasonably priced 12 euro to and from dc10 from there, about the only thing that is reasonable priced in ibiza at the moment

Club nights visited: black coffee and dc10

Best night: DC10 musically missed the mark slightly, Best was Joseph caprati and trick, was quite busy in the main room and people annoying trying to get through the crowd. The crowd was nice though, most were friendly

Worst night: black coffee night missed the mark musically, I am sure alot would beg to differ! I didn't enjoy astra club dj tennis and carlita and they didn't change their music style for black coffee and he seemed to change his music style for them so not what I was expected him to play. The crowd in Hi weren't great either!

Best bar:

Best place to eat: princes in fig, not bad priced

Money spent: stay within my budget, helps buying tickets off spotlight first

Biggest regret: missing ame and most trick at Dc10, which I could of got going earlier

Going back?: is the sky blue!

Top tip:

Observations and/or

Taxis cheap and reliable, seemed they have improved and given out more licences this year, had no problem getting one at all, weather was bipolar,

Oh and black coffee lost me when he played that annoying his and David guetta song drive and played keinemusik music tune muye and mixed it with losing my religion!

Dates you were there: 22nd - 29th May

Where you stayed: fergus style Bahamas.

Club nights visited: circoloco, latroya, do not sleep, Claptone.

Best night: probably pacha, not because of the music, more because of my friends being in pacha for the first time and then really enjoying the night.

Worst night: Amnesia only because the curtain was up and it really didn’t feel like it needed to be, it made the toilet situation a bit of a pain. It also meant there wasn’t much room to move around.

Best bar: sunrise or Tira Palla

Best place to eat: didn’t eat out much. Had a great breakfast at Bar Anita
Best beach and/or beach club: Es Cavallet

Money spent: 1500ish

Biggest regret: over indulging on Thursday night and missing Fridays sunshine

Going back?: without a doubt possible a few days in august. Definitely next year.

Top tip: get out and see the island. Try a bar or restaurant you’ve never tried before. Go to a town you’ve never visited. You might just be surprised.

Observations and/or conclusion: over all the island appeared pretty busy, the bad weather did mean quieter beaches though. Prices for drinks seemed a bit higher than usual. It just meant I drank more in bars before hitting the clubs. Taxis were always easy to find.

Dates you were there: 27-30 May

Ibiza trip number 2

Where you stayed: Hotel vibra vila figueretas, nice spot, used to be called playa del sol and stayed there a few times. Basic nothing amazing but has a spar next door and near to PDB and ibiza town, taxis were reasonably priced 12 euro to and from dc10 from there, about the only thing that is reasonable priced in ibiza at the moment

Club nights visited: black coffee and dc10

Best night: DC10 musically missed the mark slightly, Best was Joseph caprati and trick, was quite busy in the main room and people annoying trying to get through the crowd. The crowd was nice though, most were friendly

Worst night: black coffee night missed the mark musically, I am sure alot would beg to differ! I didn't enjoy astra club dj tennis and carlita and they didn't change their music style for black coffee and he seemed to change his music style for them so not what I was expected him to play. The crowd in Hi weren't great either!

Best bar:

Best place to eat: princes in fig, not bad priced

Money spent: stay within my budget, helps buying tickets off spotlight first

Biggest regret: missing ame and most trick at Dc10, which I could of got going earlier

Going back?: is the sky blue!

Top tip:

Observations and/or

Taxis cheap and reliable, seemed they have improved and given out more licences this year, had no problem getting one at all, weather was bipolar,

Oh and black coffee lost me when he played that annoying his and David guetta song drive and played keinemusik music tune muye and mixed it with losing my religion!
Great review👌
Don’t know if one time since Hi has open the crowd were nice 😕 best club in the world my ass 🤮

Dates you were there:
13-31 May

Where you stayed:
Like always...

Club nights visited:
Keinemusik and Akasha for Chambord and Bodaïshin

Best night:
Akasha was fantastic, I love this little club. Pacha was fun 🙂

Worst night:
None

Best bar:
Calamari in Portinatx for the breakfast, great tostadas there.

Best place to eat:
Rebrots

Puerto de Portinatx, lot of fun at the Pirate Chiringuito.

Money spent:
We have been reasonable.

Biggest regret:
None

Going back?:
26th September - 17th October

Top tip:
Don't party too hard like I did the last week when you're 50, you regret it once back at home 🥴🤣

Taxis were easy to catch this year 🙂

Dates you were there:
13-31 May

Where you stayed:
Like always...

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:
None

Best bar:

Best place to eat:
Rebrots

Money spent:
We have been reasonable.

Biggest regret:
None

Going back?:

Top tip:
Don't party too hard like I did the last week when you're 50, you regret it once back at home 🥴🤣

Young at heart.....

Dates you were there:
13-31 May

Where you stayed:
Like always...

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:
None

Best bar:

Best place to eat:
Rebrots

Money spent:
We have been reasonable.

Biggest regret:
None

Going back?:

Top tip:

A fellow 50! Good man.

Dates you were there: 3rd - 10th June

Where you stayed: Hotel Vibra District (formerly Piscis Park), San Antonio

Club nights visited: Sunday night at Pikes, Camelphat at Pacha, One More Time at Eden.

Best night: One More Time - ended up with a free VIP upgrade and was one of the really annoying people dancing in the DJ booth for most of the night 😁 amazing experience though, not one I'll probably ever have again. Chatting to Paul from K-Klass made my night!

Worst night: None

Best bar: Didn't really visit any bars this time round.

Best place to eat: Disappointing lack of restaurants visited this time round. Had a very expensive club sandwich at Bondi in San Antonio which was quite nice.

Best beach and/or beach club: Only visited the little beach in San Antonio infront of Ibiza Rocks bar

Money spent: Roughly 500 euros.

Biggest regret: Spending far too much time at the hotel

Going back?: Yes - for Kevin & Perry in September

Top tip: Don't waste your days! Get out and do stuff. Also for those who suffer from mosquito bites I find the "eye" bracelets from Amazon really help to fend them off.

Observations and/or conclusion: This trip felt a little bit "meh" to be honest. Not sure if it was the almost 6 hour delay on the flight going over and getting my luggage damaged that killed it for me but it didn't feel the same. I was on the trip with some others who I met last September who are great people, but I wasn't myself. Spent far too much time at the hotel as we were all inclusive and the Vibra District doesn't have much to look at if you're at the pool bar - no views of the outside world. The colour scheme was somewhat depressing also. I was really struggling the day after the big nights too which didn't happen last year.

One thing I did notice though was that Ibiza seemed very busy for June, having visited the same week in 2019 where the cafes on the front in San An were giving us free jugs of Sangria to keep us there to make the place look busy this was a shock to the system. We also were supposed to attend Ocean Beach on the Tuesday for Kisstory but there was a queue formed by 2.30 for those with general admission tickets. We gave up in the end as we weren't going to wait for people to start leaving for us to go in (not that I minded, not my scene at all but try anything once 😂). Met Wayne Lineker in Eden anyway - something which people spend loads on those VIP tables at obeach to do 😂

I am hoping the September trip will be better - back to the Palmyra by the beach 👍

Dates you were there: 13th - 23rd June

Where you stayed: 13-17th Suncoast Hotel Figueretas. 17th-23rd Barcelo Portinatx (highly recommended)

Club nights visited: Thursday Robin Schulz Pacha, HoneyLuv, MK and CH Ushuaia

Best night: easily Pacha. Sounds incredible. If you walk in and bear right, go upstairs, bar, loads of space to rave, and great views of the DJ box, VIP and crowd. Loved it.

Worst night: n/a

Best bar: El Nini on the gay street was amazing. Happened to be Ibiza pride while we were there so they had a DJ and queens. Was so good.

Best place to eat: We had a trip to Platja Des Cavallet beach and La Escollera was very nice. Incredible views of the sea, great staff.

Best beach and/or beach club: see above.

Money spent: too much. Will earn it back though. Money comes back, time doesn't.

Biggest regret: Not being near the front for Calvin. My partner was bit claustrophobic so we ended up on a raised platform with some mums near the back, still a great vibe and good views of the lights.

Going back?: YES

Top tip: Sundowners at the ninth at Hard Rock Hotel is pretty cool.

Observations and/or conclusion: Such an incredible atmosphere everywhere.

Dates you were there: 03 - 14. June

Where you stayed: Los Molinos, Figueretas

Club nights visited: Pure Pacha, Solid Grooves DC10

Best night: Solid Grooves DC10

Worst night: last night before the journey home 😜

Best bar: Coolture, Figueretas

Best place to eat: Chiringay Cavallet, Food und View and Staff is amazing !

Best beach and/or beach club: see above

Money spent: pfffff

Biggest regret: nothing

Going back?: 07 - 16 September

Top tip: live and let live, give the homeless a few euros !!!

Observations and/or conclusion: Road traffic, especially in the area of Santa Eularia, is increasing annually.

Last edited:
Back