Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2023

Dates you were there: May 24 - June 13th

Where you stayed: Cala Llonga

Club nights visited: Flower Power and Pure Pacha/Robin Schulz at Pacha, Ethereal at Akasha

Best night: Ethereal, very relaxed crowd. Just a nice place

Worst night: Pure Pacha. Felix Jaehn as starter played a horrible Set. Europe - Final Countdown, realy?
Second Set was some dutch DJ whose name I forgot and who looked in his shirt like a professional Darts player. He played some homemade remixes of so called "chart hits", with vocals sounding like a Smurf-sing-along. I escaped the place after about half an hour.
Haven't been to Pacha or any other big club for about 25 years and only went for a friends birthday. I most probably won't return within the next 25 years.

Best bar: Only bar visited was Calma for some pre-Pacha drinks. Nice view on Vila and decently priced

Best place to eat: Cas Pages on the Sant Carles road for Meatlovers. No reservations and cash only, but it is worth to be there early

Best beach and/or beach club: Platja des Codolar. Only stones and nothing else. Very quiet and relaxing. Somehow I like this place

Money spent: I have not counted

Biggest regret: None

Going back?: off course

Top tip: If you have a car and drive around and get thirsty or hungry, look out for small bars right next to the road. The more commercial cars you see in the parking lot, the better it is.

Observations and/or conclusion: I had new mosquito blinds installed over the winter. What a relief😂

Namaste : Give Bedouin a chance , next time. Robin Schulz left after 30 min ? I had more stamina : 45 min

Added : Iknow , I know. Every taste is different. Respect people. But in the case of R. Schulz ...

Last edited:
Dates you were there: May 24 - June 13th

Where you stayed: Cala Llonga

Club nights visited: Flower Power and Pure Pacha/Robin Schulz at Pacha, Ethereal at Akasha

Best night: Ethereal, very relaxed crowd. Just a nice place

Worst night: Pure Pacha. Felix Jaehn as starter played a horrible Set. Europe - Final Countdown, realy?
Second Set was some dutch DJ whose name I forgot and who looked in his shirt like a professional Darts player. He played some homemade remixes of so called "chart hits", with vocals sounding like a Smurf-sing-along. I escaped the place after about half an hour.
Haven't been to Pacha or any other big club for about 25 years and only went for a friends birthday. I most probably won't return within the next 25 years.

Best bar: Only bar visited was Calma for some pre-Pacha drinks. Nice view on Vila and decently priced

Best place to eat: Cas Pages on the Sant Carles road for Meatlovers. No reservations and cash only, but it is worth to be there early

Best beach and/or beach club: Platja des Codolar. Only stones and nothing else. Very quiet and relaxing. Somehow I like this place

Money spent: I have not counted

Biggest regret: None

Going back?: off course

Top tip: If you have a car and drive around and get thirsty or hungry, look out for small bars right next to the road. The more commercial cars you see in the parking lot, the better it is.

Observations and/or conclusion: I had new mosquito blinds installed over the winter. What a relief😂

😂

My kinda review! I would've walked out too. Did you really only go to one bar in 3 weeks though?!

😂

My kinda review! I would've walked out too. Did you really only go to one bar in 3 weeks though?!
Now that I think about it, yes only one bar in three weeks😂

Everything I need is in the fridge and I enjoy my time on the terrace looking over the landscape, watch the sun dissapearing behind the hills..
Normally I go to bed by around midnight so I get up early and can greet the new day.
Very special moment, when the sun slowly comes round the hill and you feel the cold of the night leaving for a new hot day

😂

One of my guilty pleasures is reading negative reviews for places 😄

@Life of Rye does some good ones.

Also, love watching those tv programs like Grand Designs when everything has gone Pete Tong and they’ve blown all their money on dodgy builders and they’re still living in a caravan.

I don’t know if I’ve got it in me to write a negative review for somewhere, but I’m going to write up a little report for this thread from our recent visit and I’ll try and throw something negative in somewhere.

Also, love watching those tv programs like Grand Designs when everything has gone Pete Tong and they’ve blown all their money on dodgy builders and they’re still living in a caravan.
The ‘best’ one of this genre was the record exec guy who came up with the ‘Euphoria’ compilation CD series, made a fortune, then built, or tried to build, an insane place on the coast. It involved piling through the cliff edge through to the solid rock ground, so that when the cliff eroded away it would be floating.

Poor bloke ran out of cash, plus his marriage broke up. They revisited in a subsequent series and he managed to cobble enough borrowings together to complete but only to be able to sell it. Think he lost a fortune. Insane episode.

The ‘best’ one of this genre was the record exec guy who came up with the ‘Euphoria’ compilation CD series, made a fortune, then built, or tried to build, an insane place on the coast. It involved piling through the cliff edge through to the solid rock ground, so that when the cliff eroded away it would be floating.

Poor bloke ran out of cash, plus his marriage broke up. They revisited in a subsequent series and he managed to cobble enough borrowings together to complete but only to be able to sell it. Think he lost a fortune. Insane episode.
Classic episode.. Then when they did the revisit 7 yrs later.. Sill a shell of house (and man!)

I remember that one actually!

Absolutely crazy!

Dates you were there: 23 - 27 June

Where you stayed: Oku near San An, Tivoli in Bossa

Club nights visited: Pikes for Bushwacka, Club Chinois for Shen, DC10 for CircoLoco

Best night: DC10 for CircoLoco

Worst night: None really. Pikes was interesting - never been before.

Best bar: Didn't do many bars

Best place to eat: Fandango in Formentera - incredible food, service, and setting

Best beach and/or beach club: see above

Money spent: A fair bit, but less than last July / August :)

Biggest regret: Not getting the Oku breakfast

Going back? End of September for Tale of Us with Cassian & Rumours closing

Top tip: If you have a good hotel breakfast, eat it, it will save you a fortune in beach bar food.

Observations and/or conclusion: Taxis massively improved compared to last year - Oku called them and they arrived in < 5 mins, flagged them down in Bossa. We had to walk to DC10 last time...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135749945#/?channel=RES_NEW

Treat yourself

Dates you were there:

28th June - 1st July

Where you stayed:

Standard Hotel in Ibiza Town - this trip was to celebrate wife's 40th so we lived it up a bit and I splashed out for a nice hotel. It didn't disappoint at all, great location and facilities, staff were really on it and friendly. It was very busy from Friday until we left for the weekend/start of peak season. Would go again if we saw a deal out of season or if we were celebrating another big occasion. Hilariously first person we saw as we walked in was @stivi who was waiting to pick up some clients for a hike...it was great to catch up!

Club nights visited:

Didn't do any clubbing as the Mrs not all that into it and we didn't want to lose a day to sleeping/feel bad after a heavy night (we are 40 now!). You could actually replace "Club nights visited" with "Restaurants Visited"...in which case here was the line up!

Sa Punta - Bit of a special one for us, we did a big family meal here 2 nights before we got married in Ibiza 8 years ago...Dinner booked at 9pm...still as beautiful as ever and food was excellent. We had a prawn tempura and a crayfish carpacio, then a ribeye and a black cod and then shared a tiramisu and had coffees and cocktails and wine. Service was ok...there was a waiter who seated us and sorted drinks etc who you could tell was an old pro and then a newer waiter took our order and served from that point, he was fine just less confident. Place was packed with lots of French and Dutch and a big table celebrating a birthday who they did sparklers for and a cake etc. Gorgeous views here so ideal for an occasion.

Ses Bosques - Hadn't been here before but this I think was the best meal we had and at half the price of Sa Punta the night before. Lunch at 3pm...We ordered the Sea Bass cooked in salt and had some pimientos de padron and some garlic prawns while we waited as the main was going to take 40 mins. All the starters and the bread were amazing and the wine we ordered was fantastic at 30euros. When the fish came it came with veggies and potatoes and the fish was just the best fish Ive ever tasted...so fresh! Another tiramisu to share and chupitos with the bill as it should be. The setting again is beautiful, it is a secluded spot on a beach. Service was spot on, he was very professional but also friendly and gave us some good recommendations. This will become a regular fixture.

Es Moli de Sal (Formentera) - Friday was boat day and we had a lunch reservation here - again hadn't visited before. Lunch booked for 1430, we were both hungry and decided to go for the paella de carabineros and we had some anchoas and a burrata to share while we waited along with the usual bread and aioli. The place was packed! Lots of people from boats, lots of big tables and all ordering the big paellas or big orders of fish and seafood...it was a real hive of activity with waiters running around all over the place! When the food came it was incredible, one of the best paellas Ive had - every mouthfull of rice had that deep smokey flavour...we didnt leave any! Tiramisu to share and coffees...no chupitos which was a little disappointing but did get a handshake from the waiter...again he looked as though he had worked there all his life and was very proud to have done so....amazing service. Tiramisu was a little disappointing not quite as boozy as the other two we had but was nice all the same. Bill came in more or less the same as Sa Punta but we had less booze here so food was deffo more expensive. A great experience and would go back happily but hopefully not footing the whole bill next time!

Mariner - This was on the last night before we flew home. We had a nightmare getting back from Salinas so we headed straight there which wasn't ideal but I think we pulled it off without anyone realizing! I had a huge plate of jamon to start which was great and the wife had some tempura prawns, then I had an octopus dish for main which was very tasty with a mille feuille potato which was delicious. Wife had a black cod dish which she enjoyed although she did say the aubergine beneath it had a strange texture - tasted fine to me. I had a caramalised french toast with a custard to finish off. Setting was nice just off the port area of Ibiza town...nice and buzzy and good service again. Price was reasonable as well - bill was a good 100 euros less than sa punta and es moli de sal. Would deffo eat here again - was perfect location for where we stayed as well.

Best Day:

It was a great trip but the day on the boat with lunch at es moli de sal was just fantastic and a real treat...again something we wouldn't normally have splashed out on if it was just the 2 of us.

Best bar:

The hotel bar "Up" was really cool and I think you can book ahead if you aren't staying at the hotel...nice for sundowners. Had drinks at Paradise Lost as well one night which were great. Was nice just walking around town and popping in little places you'd not come across before.

Best beach and/or beach club:

We went to cala Moli after Ses Boques and ended up getting beds at el silencio at half price as we arrived around 1730. Wife had been keen to try here and I was a little reluctant after seeing some bad reviews on here...beach beds were fully booked but glad we chanced it as it was great tbh service was good for drinks and its a beautiful little spot with good swimming and wasn't too busy - I hadn't been to this beach before. Didn't try the restaurant there but would be tempted to go back and spend a day there. Also did a day at Sa Trinxa which was good but we missed sunbeds which was disappointing and it was Saturday so it was slammed - restaurant was full all afternoon...as usual was amazing atmosphere and was good for people watching. Music not as good as when you used to see Jon Sa Trinxa for a day but it had its moments.

Money spent:

Too much...didn't hold back but I had saved and budgeted pretty well for it all in advance.

Biggest regret:

None! it was an amazing trip!

Going back?

September will be the rave trip! Celebrating another 40th of a good friend!

Top tip:

Nothing specific...I guess just try to explore as much as you can and mix up new places with tried and tested favorites.

Dates you were there:

28th June - 1st July

Where you stayed:

Standard Hotel in Ibiza Town - this trip was to celebrate wife's 40th so we lived it up a bit and I splashed out for a nice hotel. It didn't disappoint at all, great location and facilities, staff were really on it and friendly. It was very busy from Friday until we left for the weekend/start of peak season. Would go again if we saw a deal out of season or if we were celebrating another big occasion. Hilariously first person we saw as we walked in was @stivi who was waiting to pick up some clients for a hike...it was great to catch up!

Club nights visited:

Didn't do any clubbing as the Mrs not all that into it and we didn't want to lose a day to sleeping/feel bad after a heavy night (we are 40 now!). You could actually replace "Club nights visited" with "Restaurants Visited"...in which case here was the line up!

Sa Punta - Bit of a special one for us, we did a big family meal here 2 nights before we got married in Ibiza 8 years ago...Dinner booked at 9pm...still as beautiful as ever and food was excellent. We had a prawn tempura and a crayfish carpacio, then a ribeye and a black cod and then shared a tiramisu and had coffees and cocktails and wine. Service was ok...there was a waiter who seated us and sorted drinks etc who you could tell was an old pro and then a newer waiter took our order and served from that point, he was fine just less confident. Place was packed with lots of French and Dutch and a big table celebrating a birthday who they did sparklers for and a cake etc. Gorgeous views here so ideal for an occasion.

Ses Bosques - Hadn't been here before but this I think was the best meal we had and at half the price of Sa Punta the night before. Lunch at 3pm...We ordered the Sea Bass cooked in salt and had some pimientos de padron and some garlic prawns while we waited as the main was going to take 40 mins. All the starters and the bread were amazing and the wine we ordered was fantastic at 30euros. When the fish came it came with veggies and potatoes and the fish was just the best fish Ive ever tasted...so fresh! Another tiramisu to share and chupitos with the bill as it should be. The setting again is beautiful, it is a secluded spot on a beach. Service was spot on, he was very professional but also friendly and gave us some good recommendations. This will become a regular fixture.

Es Moli de Sal (Formentera) - Friday was boat day and we had a lunch reservation here - again hadn't visited before. Lunch booked for 1430, we were both hungry and decided to go for the paella de carabineros and we had some anchoas and a burrata to share while we waited along with the usual bread and aioli. The place was packed! Lots of people from boats, lots of big tables and all ordering the big paellas or big orders of fish and seafood...it was a real hive of activity with waiters running around all over the place! When the food came it was incredible, one of the best paellas Ive had - every mouthfull of rice had that deep smokey flavour...we didnt leave any! Tiramisu to share and coffees...no chupitos which was a little disappointing but did get a handshake from the waiter...again he looked as though he had worked there all his life and was very proud to have done so....amazing service. Tiramisu was a little disappointing not quite as boozy as the other two we had but was nice all the same. Bill came in more or less the same as Sa Punta but we had less booze here so food was deffo more expensive. A great experience and would go back happily but hopefully not footing the whole bill next time!

Mariner - This was on the last night before we flew home. We had a nightmare getting back from Salinas so we headed straight there which wasn't ideal but I think we pulled it off without anyone realizing! I had a huge plate of jamon to start which was great and the wife had some tempura prawns, then I had an octopus dish for main which was very tasty with a mille feuille potato which was delicious. Wife had a black cod dish which she enjoyed although she did say the aubergine beneath it had a strange texture - tasted fine to me. I had a caramalised french toast with a custard to finish off. Setting was nice just off the port area of Ibiza town...nice and buzzy and good service again. Price was reasonable as well - bill was a good 100 euros less than sa punta and es moli de sal. Would deffo eat here again - was perfect location for where we stayed as well.

Best Day:

It was a great trip but the day on the boat with lunch at es moli de sal was just fantastic and a real treat...again something we wouldn't normally have splashed out on if it was just the 2 of us.

Best bar:

The hotel bar "Up" was really cool and I think you can book ahead if you aren't staying at the hotel...nice for sundowners. Had drinks at Paradise Lost as well one night which were great. Was nice just walking around town and popping in little places you'd not come across before.

Best beach and/or beach club:

We went to cala Moli after Ses Boques and ended up getting beds at el silencio at half price as we arrived around 1730. Wife had been keen to try here and I was a little reluctant after seeing some bad reviews on here...beach beds were fully booked but glad we chanced it as it was great tbh service was good for drinks and its a beautiful little spot with good swimming and wasn't too busy - I hadn't been to this beach before. Didn't try the restaurant there but would be tempted to go back and spend a day there. Also did a day at Sa Trinxa which was good but we missed sunbeds which was disappointing and it was Saturday so it was slammed - restaurant was full all afternoon...as usual was amazing atmosphere and was good for people watching. Music not as good as when you used to see Jon Sa Trinxa for a day but it had its moments.

Money spent:

Too much...didn't hold back but I had saved and budgeted pretty well for it all in advance.

Biggest regret:

None! it was an amazing trip!

Going back?

September will be the rave trip! Celebrating another 40th of a good friend!

Top tip:

Nothing specific...I guess just try to explore as much as you can and mix up new places with tried and tested favorites.

what a gourmet trip mr moore!!

good to see you - hopefully for more than two mins next time 😎

I'm gonna take this all a bit lowbrow now 😂, stop reading here if you want a cultured 'how it was', you won't find that here.

Dates you were there: 19th - 24th June

Where you stayed: Marco Polo I - Best budget hotel i've stayed in, great pool area, busy, musc/djs around the pool and had a laugh with the bar staff.

Club nights visited: Camelphat, Paradise, Afterlife & Defected

Best night: Defected, simply because I was on my best vibe that day and it was just a solid session all around, nice that it is literally behind the hotel too.

Worst night: Not a bad night, but Camelphat, again simply because of my vibe, I somehow was lost walking around in circles for ages, proper weirded me out, my last two trips to Pacha have left me a bit weirded out. Need to get back over that.

Best bar: Itaca is probably my favourite all around bar. Shout out to the Marco Polo pool bar though, very busy and every spare moment was spent drinking there, they got a lot of money out of me.

Best place to eat: Only really ate two actual meals, Ibiza Rocks pitta V plates were taken, decent enough for me.

Best beach and/or beach club: I didn't step on a beach, do the Mambo rocks count? Not quite this category but O Beach is always much more enjoyable than I think it will be as soon as i enter that dancefloor😂

Money spent: Around £1400 spending money

Biggest regret: This was my earliest ever trip and the whole run up didn't feel right so I never felt ready for it and it clearly affected my vibe. So going this early in the season I guess.

Going back?: However saying the above, going so soon means I have chosen to go back at the end of July, then again in September :D

Top tip: Don't be lazy, If you're feeling decent then get shit done, don't wait for the inevitable lull to come around and end up wasting time sat around because you can't be arsed. Be a shepherd, not a sheep. On a health level I should probably tip myself to drink more non-alcohol, but 2 bottles of water in the club did me until the next night for 3 days running, certainly not healthy, but it's lovely never needing to relieve yourself and having more bar/drinking time 😂

Observations and/or conclusion:

Taxis were great this year, it was generally much busier than early August last year and it felt like Ibiza was 'back' a lot more 😍. I will certainly be doing my next trip a lot better all around, nice to have a recent trip in memory to build on/fix any mistakes made.

Last edited:
Gday from down under mates
Its only right to give some time back to report on my trip to the White Isle.
I almost made it there in 1990 but got vetoed so me and the lads went on a memorably bad trip to
croatia instead. Then again in 2002 for my honeymoon but again messed up and went to Bugged Out at Cream and visited family.
So why Ibiza now after being retired from clubbing for 20 years? And moving from the UK to Australia?
Well a best mate of mine who missed out on it all back then suddenly had some quality molly and begged me to dust off the cobwebs.
I always have loved it so why not combine a week with my mate and then family for 2 weeks.

Where you stayed: Crashed with my mate at Vibro Panoramico, Fugarentes for first 3 nights.... then
Pikes for 4 nights - what can I say? It lived up to the hype - older crowd suited me.
Villa Demario for 10 nights - rented here from spotlight and was amazing.
7Pines resort for 2 nights - good old Hyatt loyalty points - stunning resort - confirmed that the Americans are here

Club nights visited: Paul Oakenfold EDEN 22/6/23 - i was getting concerned reading about his recent alcoholism and disrespect for the punters. All he had to was mime Creamfields 1999 but he did a 4 track cycle "look at me!" set which was boring really

Bushwacka PIKES 24/6/23 - a very professional house set in a busy but cool place
Pyramid AMNESIA 25/6/23 - not busy but you couldn't help but love it. Our Pikes waitresses were there!
Eric Prydz HI 2/7/23 - took my 19 year old daughter for the spectacle. Talk about cashing in on the iphone generation hasn't he? Really jam packed and got separated from my daughter who duly appeared back at the villa at 6pm the next day having had one of the best nights of her life! 'Its Ibiza Dad!!'
Shine Opening party EDEN 5/7/23 - after getting into the party atmosphere my wife came along to this one. Aly/Fila (dunno which one) opened well and PvD was great for about an hour then lost it and meandered to his finish. I was really excited about Alex MORPH and had adopted 'Tears in the Rain" as my Ibiza trip song. Sadly the crowd was thinning after PvD and so MORPH adopted a teutonic approach of big thumping beats rather than floaty stuff and that was that.

Best night: SHINE just to go clubbing with my wife and molly after 20 years was very special - lots of cuddles. She's so cool to go clubbing with but motherhood is the priority for her now.

Worst night: It was actually great but on the 23/6 my mate and I hit the crystals and played tunes in our room at the Vibra. Just on our phones but the night guy was doing a round and knocked on the door at 0430 saying... "Por Favor" with a look of disgust.

Best bar: Pikes by the pool

Best place to eat: Chimmichurri on the road to Cala Bassa - unexpected and beautiful

Best beach and/or beach club: Cala Salada - bit of a climb but stunning place. We visited about 8 beaches around the island.

Money spent: coming from Australia with the family?? I don't want to think

Biggest regret: My mate ended up with mild serotonin syndrome after 4 nights in a row going hard on the gear, i should have been firmer in my warnings. He just felt terrible for 48 hours so no harm done but it knocked the edge of our last few days.

Going back?: One day for sure.

Top tip: The dates we went were perfect for weather and busy feel.

Observations and/or conclusion: Trance is probably dead. Eden was about 2/3 full for both those nights and you felt it was just the San An crowd rather than true fans. I was impressed how Ibiza makes clubbing so easy and the taxi service was awesome. I was surprised at how may people in the clubs were probably just boozing it. Back in my day Sankeys Soap would be 95% mashed and loving it but now.... dunno.

Anyway will swing by here from time to time and thx for the help and advice.
Special mention to WIC - moderator supreme ... and FHMsparkle who's cheery "liking" of my dumb early posts made me feel welcome here.
All the best to you all cobbers.

Gday from down under mates
Its only right to give some time back to report on my trip to the White Isle.
I almost made it there in 1990 but got vetoed so me and the lads went on a memorably bad trip to
croatia instead. Then again in 2002 for my honeymoon but again messed up and went to Bugged Out at Cream and visited family.
So why Ibiza now after being retired from clubbing for 20 years? And moving from the UK to Australia?
Well a best mate of mine who missed out on it all back then suddenly had some quality molly and begged me to dust off the cobwebs.
I always have loved it so why not combine a week with my mate and then family for 2 weeks.

Where you stayed: Crashed with my mate at Vibro Panoramico, Fugarentes for first 3 nights.... then
Pikes for 4 nights - what can I say? It lived up to the hype - older crowd suited me.
Villa Demario for 10 nights - rented here from spotlight and was amazing.
7Pines resort for 2 nights - good old Hyatt loyalty points - stunning resort - confirmed that the Americans are here

Club nights visited: Paul Oakenfold EDEN 22/6/23 - i was getting concerned reading about his recent alcoholism and disrespect for the punters. All he had to was mime Creamfields 1999 but he did a 4 track cycle "look at me!" set which was boring really

Bushwacka PIKES 24/6/23 - a very professional house set in a busy but cool place
Pyramid AMNESIA 25/6/23 - not busy but you couldn't help but love it. Our Pikes waitresses were there!
Eric Prydz HI 2/7/23 - took my 19 year old daughter for the spectacle. Talk about cashing in on the iphone generation hasn't he? Really jam packed and got separated from my daughter who duly appeared back at the villa at 6pm the next day having had one of the best nights of her life! 'Its Ibiza Dad!!'
Shine Opening party EDEN 5/7/23 - after getting into the party atmosphere my wife came along to this one. Aly/Fila (dunno which one) opened well and PvD was great for about an hour then lost it and meandered to his finish. I was really excited about Alex MORPH and had adopted 'Tears in the Rain" as my Ibiza trip song. Sadly the crowd was thinning after PvD and so MORPH adopted a teutonic approach of big thumping beats rather than floaty stuff and that was that.

Best night: SHINE just to go clubbing with my wife and molly after 20 years was very special - lots of cuddles. She's so cool to go clubbing with but motherhood is the priority for her now.

Worst night: It was actually great but on the 23/6 my mate and I hit the crystals and played tunes in our room at the Vibra. Just on our phones but the night guy was doing a round and knocked on the door at 0430 saying... "Por Favor" with a look of disgust.

Best bar: Pikes by the pool

Best place to eat: Chimmichurri on the road to Cala Bassa - unexpected and beautiful

Best beach and/or beach club: Cala Salada - bit of a climb but stunning place. We visited about 8 beaches around the island.

Money spent: coming from Australia with the family?? I don't want to think

Biggest regret: My mate ended up with mild serotonin syndrome after 4 nights in a row going hard on the gear, i should have been firmer in my warnings. He just felt terrible for 48 hours so no harm done but it knocked the edge of our last few days.

Going back?: One day for sure.

Top tip: The dates we went were perfect for weather and busy feel.

Observations and/or conclusion: Trance is probably dead. Eden was about 2/3 full for both those nights and you felt it was just the San An crowd rather than true fans. I was impressed how Ibiza makes clubbing so easy and the taxi service was awesome. I was surprised at how may people in the clubs were probably just boozing it. Back in my day Sankeys Soap would be 95% mashed and loving it but now.... dunno.

Anyway will swing by here from time to time and thx for the help and advice.
Special mention to WIC - moderator supreme ... and FHMsparkle who's cheery "liking" of my dumb early posts made me feel welcome here.
All the best to you all cobbers.
Glad you finally made it to the rock ( of sense 😉) ibiza. Times have changed for some since you last hit the dancefloor, and that 95% of fun loving sweaty ravers has been replaced by lots of Coca Cola filled posey farts 😂. And l feel your pain! Put down the bloody phone! That’s another conversation tbf. Clubs are still stunning and rocking when everything clicks in Ibiza, and l do hope you get to return to see it, and so much more the island has to offer. I used to live in Sydney/ Brisbane in the 99/00 error and that place absolutely rocked, as good as ibiza any day! Have a good one as they say 😉

Dates you were there : june 13th-18th

Where you stayed: Hotel Bergantine - san an bay - nice family 3 star hotel right next to urban lounge food a bit meh but lovley sunset terrace would recommend the extra 100/150 euros for the all inclusive option as I must drank this alone without the meals 😆

Club nights visited: es paradise Tuesday free wristband / one more time ibiza@eden thursday/ he-she-they@amneisa/ pikes on Saturday/

Best night: Pikes on Saturday

Worst night: he/she/they @amenisa

Best bar: only went to the highlander mostly drank at hotel sunset terrace

Best place to eat: casita in san an bay was very nice had nice steak drink and desert for 45 euros

Best beach and/or beach club: went to estanyol beach didn't get chance to do many other ones.

Money spent: all in £2000

Biggest regret: getting to drunk the first night and missing camelphat at pacha and ending up in es paradis:spank: / not wearing sunscreen and being sunstroke for a good few days.

Going back?: would like to go back end of the season when a bit cooler but might be next year as moneys a bit tight this year!

Top tip: wear sunscreen and book your tickets on ibiza spotlight in advance so much cheaper and can cancel 24hrs before if not feeling upto it.

Observations and/or conclusion: was alot hotter than i expected for start june was 29/30 most days and was a bit hot for me, the sea was still quite cool and wish id persuaded somone tag along as lost my enthusiasm about half way in and got boerd of the table for 1s 😆, the few people i know on the island were on the mainland that week so was a real solo one! will be back for sure just not sure when.

Dates you were there: 6th-9th July. Flying visit without the kids (thank you grandparents) for my other half’s 50th birthday.

Where you stayed: Hotel Torre Del Mar - splurged on a suite as it was a special occasion. Stunning room with hot tub and day bed on the balcony and amazing views. The hotel is fab and liked the location being able to walk into Ibiza Town or Bossa.

Club nights visited: Niiwa at Club Chinois and Ethereal at Las Dalias/Akasha.

Best night: Ethereal just because it was busier but we loved the music at both and really liked both Chinois and Akasha having never been to either club before.

Worst night: n/a

Best bar: Didn’t really do any bars

Best place to eat: we had some great food. Before we went to Niiwa we ate at Jara at the Standard. We wanted to see Pippi. The food was excellent and the service was great but it wasn’t very busy which they said was because they had had to stop the DJs for a while and now they are back but people haven’t really realised yet. The duck croquettes were delicious.
At Las Dalias we ate in the cafe before joining the party in the garden. Shared a duck salad and some spicy potatoes and it was very nice indeed.
On our final evening we went to Los Das Lunas for a special birthday meal and it was fantastic. The restaurant is stunning for a date night and the food and service were all top notch.

Best beach and/or beach club: We walked into Bossa and had drinks at Playa Soleil one afternoon. I actually really liked what they’ve done with it. It’s very nice inside. Hopefully will check out a party in there later in the year.

Money spent: Won’t be adding it up.

Biggest regret: No regrets. Loved every minute of this trip. We only really get one weekend per year without the kids so it’s always special.

Going back?: yep. Two more trips planned. One with the kids and the other me and some friends.

Top tip: try the smaller clubs you haven’t been to before. Going to new places really freshened this trip up for us.

Observations and/or conclusion: It felt busy out and about but the taxi situation was much better than last year. Will see if I’m still saying that in August 😂

Dates you were there

9th July thru 15th July

Where you stayed

Ryans Marina (9th - 12th) & Gran Sol (12th - 15th)
I've done the Gran Sol before and they are a great family run hotel in a perfect location
Ryan's was new for us, in fact staying in Ibiza Town was a first for us. We've been on day trips so not really seen it at night.
Only really needed a bed and it was a comfy one & staff were friendly.
Modern, clean, tidy and a great location for a early morning walk back from Pacha.

Club nights visited

Solomun+1 with Jamie XX, Flower Power, Camelphat, Rock Nights at Pikes, Shine at Eden

Best night

Very hard call between Solomun and Camelphat. Couldn't really split them.
Both had me emotional, probably realising I was able to still actually club properly!
Funky Room for Flower Power was also damn good, with the wife fangirling over the female DJs, I think it was Gaya Brisa (Namaste at Akasha).
Anyway, great energy and spent a lot of time in there in between the main room fun

Worst night

Saturday night sat at the airport

Best bar

Kumharas better than the sunset strip imho

Best place to eat

El Olivio Mio in Old Town was a cracking meal although closely followed by Up on the roof of The Standard.
Kasbah also didn't disappoint and a mention for a lush tuna sandwich outside Delilah's

Best beach and/or beach club

Only got to Talamanca the first day before the 3 nighter, and a swim at Calo De Moro the second half of the trip.
I'll go with Talamanca as we had a nice bit of food and the first beers of the trip before a dip in the sea

Money spent

Probably a bit less than I expected but a (un)healthy wedge. Absolutely no regrets though.

Biggest regret

Having to come home, seriously exceeded my high expectations.
If you pushed me, then maybe not leaving Pikes a bit earlier and missing Ferry Corsten at Shine

Going back?

Well duh. But if it was a serious question then a couple more trips this year and awaiting next years flight release

Top tip

If you think you're old and can't do it anymore then have a word with yourself

Observations and/or conclusion

This trip for my 50th birthday was going to be great or a massive mistake but somehow it exceeded all expectations
I was "enhanced" back in the 90s so was always interesting to see if the music would take me to the same place, and it very much did
Nowt stronger than some very nice cockatils etc so that was another test in my return.
In fact I think I prefer the music now over my nostalgic Spotify playlists that I've had on repeat for a few decades (eek)

Can I tell the nuances between all the different types of dance? probably not bar the main obvious traits but I know I enjoyed it and it made this pretty introverted guy not give a hoot about dancing for hours.

I'd have been back anyway just in a more sedate way, and in fact will be this weekend, but the future holds more stays in Ibiza Town and 100% more club nights...After all Pacha will also be 60 when I am 60 ;-)

One final conclusion about VIP. We did this at Camelphat and enjoyed it.
I could still quite have happily been amongst the masses but one thing I didn't consider was that my wife is 4' 10" so said it was nice to not dance with a lot of armpits, backs and chests :)
She saw a lot more and had a better experience due to the location and having some more space to dance, although had to negotiate a "I'll move her in 5 minutes" from a more expensive spot that was currently vacant at the time with the Control guy.

Back