Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2023

Dates you were there:

20th-26th July

Where you stayed:

Ebano in PDB, we had a swim up room. The staff there are just brilliant. All requests were met and everything was perfect. Their swim up rooms give you so much extra privacy.

Club nights visited:

All Day I Dream @ Cova Santa (Thursday)

Masquerade (Fatboy Slim) @ Pacha (Saturday)

Nightmares On Wax closing @ Pikes (Monday)

Best night: - All of them

All Day I Dream - Got there at about 8pm. Sound was so much better than last year. Music was great, but my girlfriend hated it ("too samey samey and doesn't go anywhere"), but I loved it. We skedaddled just after 11pm because we had to meet friends in PDB, who ended up cancelling because they were "too tired". No problem, we had our own party in our room.

Pacha. I haven't been since 2012 (I know right?) so it was like going to a brand new club in many respects. My girlfriend hadn't been since 2002 and she loved every second of it. We got in just after opening and stood on the balcony overlooking the DJ box and stayed there til 4amish as her feet had blisters from dancing so much. I'm 99% certain it was a prerecorded set from FBS as he kept doing weird "adjustments" on the CDJs that clearly were doing nothing, but she loved it and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Easy to get a taxi, thankfully, as we had seen massive taxi queues in Ibiza port at midnight.

Pikes. Got there at 10pm and loved how chilled it was at that time. We had some friends staying there so obviously that makes everything easier. DJ EASE was brilliant. Rolled out of our friends' afterparty room just before 7am and straight in to a cab. Ace night from start to finish.

Worst night:

Well, not going out Sunday to Glitterbox because we were still up from Saturday was a shame (we had planned our whole holiday around Glitterbox), but it is what it is. No regrets.

Best bar:

Erm...I don't remember going to many bars other than the rooftop at Gran Hotel Montesol, all of our drinking was done in restaurants. Staff were great, espresso martinis were great, the margaritas were poor. Oh, we went to Orange Corner too for a quick one. Nice cocktails and good staff.

Best place to eat:

We didn't have a bad meal anywhere

Dolce Vita in PDB for Pizzas
Grill Sant Antoni in SA was still grilling the best steaks over their wood bbq thingy
Mumak in PDB was good, cheap and quick service
La Paloma in Sant Llorenç was really nice
Sa Trinxa at Salinas we had the best lunches
We even had a hungover kebab in bed from Baba Kebab in PDB which was great

Best beach and/or beach club:

Sa Trinxa. Best place in Ibiza for us, loved the drinks, food, service, everything - loved it so much we went there 4 days.

Money spent:

Spends? Just over £2k between us on food, drink, beach fees, club entry and party extras.

Biggest regret:

Missing Glitterbox. Simply cannot do 2 days partying on the trot. However, from Saturday morning to Sunday lunchtime was probably the best 24 hours I've had in years.

Going back?:

Hopefully September for a long weekend, then back in July 2024

Top tip:

Get to Sa Trinxa before 11am to get some beds. We were lucky every time, but only by the skin of our teeth.

Get to clubs earlier than is "cool" to do so. In years gone past I always used to be one for turning up at 1 or 2am. What's the point? I've learnt that an extra hour in the club is better than an extra hour in a bar.

Observations and/or conclusion:

The negs: Parking (well, free parking) EVERYWHERE is getting worse and worse. Taxis seemed more expensive than ever. We saw 3 Guardia Civil roadblocks which can be stressful.

The positives: Hotel, bar, restaurant staff, and security were great everywhere we went, especially Pacha and Pikes. I always tip even though I pay by card, and it's amazing how far bar staff go out of their way when you've dropped an extra € or two for a round of drinks. Case in point, there was a massive scrum at the balcony bar in Pacha, but they always saw me and served me across the crowd of heads.

Best Ibiza trip I've had in YEARS. I might have said the same last year, but it's really down to who you go with that makes your holiday.

PS my head hurts.

Dates you were there:

26th-30th July

Where you stayed:

El Puerto Ibiza. Great quite rooms with strong AC.

Club nights visited:

Exhale – DC10
Afterlife – Hi
Metamorphosis – Amnesia
Masquerade – Pacha

Best night:

Since my favorite dj is Amelie Lens, best night was Exhale opening party for me. I think there were more people compared to last year’s Exhale. Its still very nice to have enough space to dance.

Also, I went to Hi to listen Kobosil and to Amnesia to listen Charlotte de Witte and Indira Paganotto. Both nights were also nice.

Worst night:

N/A

Best place to eat:

I like La Tagliatella in Ibiza town as an Italian food lover.

Playa Soleil. I think its better than old Bora Bora.

Going back?:

August 2023 to see Amelie Lens again. Also I am planning to go to Ushuaia for Tiesto.

Its disappointing that taxis are trying to scam people more and more. I took a taxi from taxi stand in Ibiza town in order to go to Amnesia. Taxi driver said directly 25 EUR and I said no 😊

Last edited:
Dates you were there:

24 - 26 July - (Trip number 4 of 2023 - yes addicted more than ever!)

Where you stayed:

Hostal Las Nieves in Ibiza town, great location right by the plaza. Room had no air con but did have ceiling fan was so hot. The night I arrived was SO humid never has it been like that before, thought I would melt. Hostal wasn't amazing but did the job.

Funny Story! I did forget to lock my door on the inside one morning and was sleeping half naked a guy opened my door (wrong door) and let out a loud yelp and closed my door. That will teach me hahaha (it is the most action I have had in months)

Club nights visited:

DC10 - Circoloco

Tried the taxi app kept crashing and assigned a driver but he didn't turn up. In the end, was lucky as taxi was dropping someone off at my hotel so I jumped in

Packed as everyone knew it would be! really nice crowd. I wanted to see Dixon but just couldn't leave early enough. Got there about 12 in the end. Started off in the main room and Nina Kraviz was playing she was really good, really enjoyed her. She is just the hard techno that I can take any harder is too much for me.

Was dancing next to Luka Sabbat (famous model) he has been in Ralph Lauren adverts with Gigi Hadid, anyway, he was absolutely battered lol

Then I prepared myself to go to the terrace for the boys &me and Rampa. Decided to go around 2am so by 2:30 I was ready! Peggy Gou was playing she was ok weren't great. So rammed I was getting shoved and standing shoulder to shoulder but I was determined I was going to see them. I think people got sick of getting shoved so by the time &me and Rampa were on was much much better but still packed. &me and Rampa were very good, they started off a bit ropey but got better from there. After they finished got a drink which I drank in one second and found a good spot to see Adriatique in the main room. They played some weird stuff they were ok not great. I stayed there till 6am and then went out outside and seen the terrace still open, went in there and had a good dance for 30 mins, Luciano was amazing quite surprised actually as few times I seen him he wasn't great

As I left at the end taxi queue was a nightmare so did my little trick and walked to the roundabout and flagged a taxi down. The taxi man also picked up two other guys from France who were really nice! The first thing the guy said to me was "I am really high" hahaha

Pacha - Camelphat

Taxi app worked fine, queue wasn't too bad for ticket holders

Pacha looks amazing I am loving the displays they have on looks so cool!

Wasnt sure what to expect for this night but they were amazing. Tune after tune after tune! Music on point I loved the mix they played and wasn't one genre all night. I expected more progressive but happy with the progressive they played as I do prefer more house.

Crowd weren't great, they weren't bad but not that great, very essexy, Liverpudlian filler in face and lips crowd and tons of make up crowd. Some people were very young (looked barely 18) and some were in the 50's.

Best night:

Both were great if I had to choose DC10

Worst night:

N/A

Best place to eat:

La margarita in Ibiza Town, really nice breakfast and healthy juice

Money spent: For some reason, I always act like I rich in Ibiza and spend loads, 15 euro on a full of ice crap cocktail at hard rock being an example

N/A

Going back?:

Always! Next time 30 Sept Closing black coffee with keinemusic and 15 Oct Sololun closing with Dixon (don't let me down Solomun)

taxi app was ok most of the time, sometimes not so great

Dates you were there. 24th-31st July

Where you stayed: El Pinar Cala Llonga.

What a brilliant Hotel. We had an apartment where the front was a tiny terrace and sea view and the back window to the apartment opened up onto the pool. I only realised that on day 2 when led by the pool I saw someone else climbing through their pool door/window 😂

Club nights visited: Holo Hi, Camelphat 🍒

Best night: Camelphat. Moving around the club was easy, the corners of the Balcony is a great view point and the upstairs Bar and Toilets are so easy to use. Camels were ace, played loads of great tunes. Pacha is quite something these days

Worst night: Never a bad night

Best bar: Mambo for Clockwork Orange on the Monday was brillaint. Best time I’ve had at Mambo in recent years as I’ve found it hit and miss on recent visits. Getting no bother wherever you went, inside and outside the Bar. Friendly crowd and nice to have a chat with Jason Bye and Danny. And a beautiful sunset 🌅

Basoa in Cala Llonga did a superb Bloody Mary for 6€. Cala Llonga in General is Gorgeous 😍

Trantra for a beer before Hi was very busy but it’s a cool place

Best place to eat: We ate at Mundo Street Food in SA which was great, Flippers and SOS in Cala Llonga both ace. The chicken and prawn Burrito at Flippers was amazing. But Sunday Roast at Pikes was the best. It’s truly a Special place

Best beach and/or beach club: Had a day on Formentera at Illetes, water like glass, BEAUTIFUL. Cala Llonga beach is amazing. Sunken down in the Hills, Cliffs and Pine Forests. Will stay there again next Year

Money spent: Enough

Biggest regret: Never any regrets

Going back: Always. They won’t be a time where I don’t go back. I went to Rhodes in May and loved it, I’d like to do more Greek Island and Malta but I fell in love with Ibiza 20 Years ago and it’s in my Blood. Back to Cala Llonga next year with the Kids and Parents is the plan. Around Clockwork Weekend so we can do one of their parties while the parents have the kids 😁

Top tip: Always the same…….. explore the Area/Resort you are in, and explore the island as a whole. It’s the Best place on earth and nobody will ever tell me different

Observations and/or conclusion: 20 Years since I first went and I love the island now more than ever. I Visited Pacha on my first visit in 2003 for Roger Sanchez Release yourself party and I’m glad 20 years on in their 50th year I was in there again. It’s a stunning club

Night time Taxis and Taxis in general were spot on, only one bad one and it was a bad one and that was after the Market in Punta Arabi. Just couldn’t get one for hours and ended up getting the Boat to SE then trying again. Even that was a struggle so we headed for pizza at Es Puet down the front and got one after. I drove the mrs mad for 3/4 hours to be fair, but it was all good

Did’nt see a Lizard till the 5th day but I saw a few on Formentera 🦎

Moving around PDB for drinks leading up to Hi was nuts. People everywhere (as expected) I’m not sure I would stay in PDB these days, I’m older now at 42 and I think it’s worth budgeting for Taxis and staying elsewhere

Last edited:

What a brilliant Hotel. We had an apartment where the front was a tiny terrace and sea view and the back window to the apartment opened up onto the pool. I only realised that on day 2 when led by the pool I saw someone else climbing through their pool door/window 😂

Best night: Camelphat. Moving around the club was easy, the corners of the Balcony is a great view point and the upstairs Bar and Toilets are so easy to use. Camels were ace, played loads of great tunes. Pacha is quite something these days

Best bar: Mambo for Clockwork Orange on the Monday was brillaint. Best time I’ve had at Mambo in recent years as I’ve found it hit and miss on recent visits. Getting no bother wherever you went, inside and outside the Bar. Friendly crowd and nice to have a chat with Jason Bye and Danny. And a beautiful sunset 🌅

Basoa in Cala Llonga did a superb Bloody Mary for 6€. Cala Llonga in General is Gorgeous 😍

Best place to eat: We ate at Mundo Street Food in SA which was great, Flippers and SOS in Cala Llonga both ace. The chicken and prawn Burrito at Flippers was amazing. But Sunday Roast at Pikes was the best. It’s truly a Special place

Best beach and/or beach club: Had a day on Formentera at Illetes, water like glass, BEAUTIFUL. Cala Llonga beach is amazing. Sunken down in the Hills, Cliffs and Pine Forests. Will stay there again next Year

Going back: Always. They won’t be a time where I don’t go back. I went to Rhodes in May and loved it, I’d like to do more Greek Island and Malta but I fell in love with Ibiza 20 Years ago and it’s in my Blood. Back to Cala Llonga next year with the Kids and Parents is the plan. Around Clockwork Weekend so we can do one of their parties while the parents have the kids 😁

Top tip: Always the same…….. explore the Area/Resort you are in, and explore the island as a whole. It’s the Best place on earth and nobody will ever tell me different

Observations and/or conclusion: 20 Years since I first went and I love the island now more than ever. I Visited Pacha on my first visit in 2003 for Roger Sanchez Release yourself party and I’m glad 20 years on in their 50th year I was in there again. It’s a stunning club

Night time Taxis and Taxis in general were spot on, only one bad one and it was a bad one and that was after the Market in Punta Arabi. Just couldn’t get one for hours and ended up getting the Boat to SE then trying again. Even that was a struggle so we headed for pizza at Es Puet down the front and got one after. I drove the mrs mad for 3/4 hours to be fair, but it was all
Good

Moving around PDB for drinks leading up to Hi was nuts. People everywhere (as expected) I’m not sure I would stay in PDB these days, I’m older now at 42 and I think it’s worth budgeting for Taxis and staying elsewhere
You are right. But If you are a lazy bast... Like me , PdB is easy. Central, Close to Dalt Vila.
The nice spots of the Island are somewhere else

Night time Taxis and Taxis in general were spot on, only one bad one and it was a bad one and that was after the Market in Punta Arabi. Just couldn’t get one for hours and ended up getting the Boat to SE then trying again. Even that was a struggle so we headed for pizza at Es Puet down the front and got one after. I drove the mrs mad for 3/4 hours to be fair, but it was all good

Great review, and l think this might be our last stay in the PDB area for similar reasons (we say this every year!).. Even though we are booked in to LLobet Apts (Seaview superior) Figueretes in September. After well over 20+ yrs of the same area, plus both 45/52yrs, its time to say in pastors new.. l like Cala Llonga anyway, so might be an option for next year, only 15-20 mins to all the usual spots anyway.. How much was a taxi to Pacha / Hi etc.. Probably save it on accommodation between both locations.. As you say its in the blood and aint going ANYWHERE for life ;)

Dates you were there:

30th July thru 2nd August

Where you stayed:

Hostal Rossell Boutique - modern, clean, friendly staff & quiet. The island has definitely upped its game if you just want a bed for the night
Ryans Marina - Headed back for the final night as we enjoyed it last time and couldn't deal with the potential taxi situation. Easier to walk to Pacha and get back to the airport in the morning

Club nights visited:

Pikes on Sunday - Pikes innit
Camelphat - Laylah great, Henrik not so much for me, then 90 minutes non stop dancing. A little bit of an odd section for me before Rapture 3 and headed out about 5:15am. Still great but the night we went early July topped it :)

Worst night:

Always the airport

Best bar:

Really enjoyed a "we've arrived" jug of Sangria chilling at Golden Buddha

Also Space was very enjoyable on Monday evening.
We went last year when it had just opened and it is definitely more "fleshed out" now. Will head back next trip for food and drink.

Best place to eat:

Didn't really plan any good meals this time bar a Tuesday Brunch at Pikes

Calo de Moro

Money spent:

Don't know and not going to look

Biggest regret:

Deciding the taxi situation was too much for us to not be able to get back therefore not heading to Woomoon on Sunday

Going back?:

Um, on the 21st August

Top tip:

If you are stung by a jellyfish (1-0 medusa FC) don't then kick away from it (1-1) in the direction of said jellyfish (2-1 final score to medusa FC)

• I'm not allergic to jellyfish bar the general stingyness of them
  • Don't drink the free shots and jagerbombs offered to you by bar staff if you are heading to Pikes for brunch the next day
  • I'm pretty good at "not meeting" people
  • Pacha until gone 5am when you have a lunchtime flight back might not be the best preparation

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
Thurs 27th July- Fri 4th Aug

Where you stayed:
Sal Rossa, PDB. Great hotel right on Bossa Beach. Pool side restaurant is great aswell and nice pool area...albeit a little on the small side.

Club nights visited:
Destino (Music On, Thurs)...Brilliant
OBEACH (Pool Party, Fri)...Good for a laugh
Amnesia (Elrow, Sat)...Decent but busy as always, glad I had balcony tckts
Cova Santa (Woomoon, Sun)...Brilliant
Pacha (50th Birthday, Weds)...Bit disappointing

Best Night:
Destino was brilliant but i think the club at Cova Santa edged it...first time at Cova and loved the place, hardly any phones and tunes superb. The club there to me is wot a club should be like...great layout, good mixed very friendly crowd, dark and nothing over the top.

Worst Night:
The 50th at Pacha tbh. Maybe it was me as tiredness was kicking in a little but It never seemed to get going for me..not sure the b2b flowed very well and there seems to be more VIP sections there than ever. The balcony up at the top and to the right overlooking the dancefloor was all sectioned off for VIP...is this always the case now or just cos it was the bday?? Thats my preferred area of the club..it was open to all last yr at Music on. All a bit anticlimatic imo and left feeling a bit disappointed.

Best Bar:
Murphys lol

Best place to eat:
Ate in Sal Rossa poolside restaurant most days/nights..decent menu, with varied choice and the view of the sea and ease/convenience meant it was a winner. Also had a decent Sandwich in Obeach.

Best Beach:
Just did Bossa Beach, no complaints although should of made the effort to get to las Salinas one day.

Money Spent:
All in roughly 4k (Flight, Hotel, Spends)

Biggest regret:
Not getting to either Akasha or Club Chinois. Being too rough to go DC10 on Mon, id done 4days/nights on bounce so not surprising.

Going Back:
I'll always go back....although maybe I'll stop going every yr now...

Top Tip
Get in the clubs earlier, its nice watching them fill up and the night flys. Also if in Bossa get a taxi sorted before 11 when everyone piles out of Ushuaia. And finally if (and im guessing thats a big IF for most) you go to Obeach just hav a laugh..it is wot it is!

Observations/Conclusions:
Things have changed a lot as we know, the IG generation and VIP crowd hav taken the sense of freedom away in some of the bigger/famous clubs imo. For me i think the future lies in going to the lesser known places more and skipping the traditional nights/clubs.

Last edited:
The balcony up at the top and to the right overlooking the dancefloor was all sectioned off for VIP...is this always the case now or just cos it was the bday?? Thats my preferred area of the club..it was open to all last yr at Music on. All a bit anticlimatic imo and left feeling a bit disappointed.

It was open for non VIP each time we went the last two trips. That included the busiest of the four which was Solumun +1

The balcony up at the top and to the right overlooking the dancefloor was all sectioned off for VIP...is this always the case now or just cos it was the bday?? Thats my preferred area of the club..it was open to all last yr at Music on. All a bit anticlimatic imo and left feeling a bit disappointed.

It was open for non VIP each time we went the last two trips. That included the busiest of the four which was Solumun +1

Interesting, it spoilt it for me on the bday with it all being sectioned off. Hope it stays open to all on the usual nights 🙏

Dates you were there
Tuesday 1st Aug- Fri 4th Aug

Where you stayed:
Parc Blau San An. Great hotel, newly refurbed fantastic pool on the roof, good breakfast and close to Mambos but far enough away from the strip to be quietish at night.

Club nights visited:
Pacha-Camelphat on tuesday...Brilliant- best night out of the lot- the club was fantastic, crowd great, camels fantastic, room to dance. Layla Benitez warmed up well, Henrik Schwartz was good too- drinks vvvv expensive.
OBEACH- Wednesday
Hi- Fisher- Wednesday - great club, Fisher was great but Wade was blah, and the club is so full you can’t dance or enjoy yourself.
Cova Santa- all day I dream-Thursday ..Brilliant, club is fantastic, Roy was fantastic as was Lee Burridge. Only problem was the rain storm stopped the music at 12.45

Best Night:
Pacha and Camelphat- amazing- the atmosphere was great, from the get go they looked at one another and you could tell they were in it. There was a technical issue at one point which put things off balance a little, but it all came back and was a great night.

Worst Night:

Hi- for Fisher. Fisher was great, and Hi is amazing, great sound, great visuals but just was too many people- can’t dance, everyone is angry, expect people to stand on your toes and elbow you plus drinks too expensive.

Best Bar: Kumharas - fantastic sunset and good cocktails.

Best place to eat:
Sa Vida in Ibiza town was great.
Es Gerret in San Antonio was also fantastic. Both places would rival some of the best food anywhere in the world - fresh, home made, well cooked.

Best Beach:
Portinatx bay

Money Spent:
All in roughly 2k (Flight, Hotel, Spends)

Biggest regret:
not getting to Cova Santa earlier.
Also not getting to Ushuaia

Going Back:
Yes definitely

Top Tip
rent a car- we explored to island and it’s so much more than PDB or San An.

Observations/Conclusions:

Whats with the phone cameras- Hi was particularly bad- no enjoyment in the moment.

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
August 8th - 12th

Where you stayed:

Hotel Galfi

Club nights visited:

Sven Vath at Las Dalias/ Akasha - August 10th. Really recommend this night, so get your tickets if they haven't already sold out. Think they have for the final one?. It really is a good mix of people of all ages and a friendly, considerate crowd.

Best night:

Only went to Sven

Worst night:

None

Best bar:

Didn't really go to bars

Best place to eat:

I posted this in the Restaurant Reviews section, but for the fanciest/ foodie-est - Etxeko, but also really liked Shamarkanda, Ses Boques, Tapas Ibiza, and Mamajuana

For beaches and swimming, prefer to go to beaches that aren't too big. Some of them were Cala d'en Serra, Punta Galera, Salinas (but further along in the more semi- (somewhat!) private area

Money spent:

Too much!

Biggest regret:

While this trip to Ibiza was part of a bigger trip, staying only the 5 days. It was the first time, ever, that I didn't go to Circoloco, so kind of sad I missed that.

Going back?:

Most likely!

Top tip:

Don't wait as long as I did to get your car hire sorted as it was quite expensive. Seemed to be cheaper than last year, but I still probably spent more than I should have because I waited too long. It could also have been because I was there mid August. Car hire is expensive, but essential.

I used to go to Ibiza in September and wish I could do that again as August is just so busy. I can't go for closings anymore due to my work. August is definitely busy and more expensive, but there were still times when I was driving up north (in August) with minimal traffic (sometimes!)

Ibiza has changed big time, like everywhere, but there is still nowhere like it, as there really isn't anywhere else that I go back to year after year after year and still have new experiences.

Ibiza has changed big time, like everywhere, but there is still nowhere like it, as there really isn't anywhere else that I go back to year after year after year and still have new experiences.
This right here are my thoughts exactly and why I keep returning. I have still to do a trip where I didn't do something I hadn't done before.

Currently sat in Golden Buddha with an afternoon jug of sangria. That isn't new though 😁

With the youngest child this trip so (probably) no clubs...

Edit: A club is back in the game

Last edited:
Back