Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2023

Dates you were there: 27th Sept - 4th Oct

Where you stayed: Hotel MiM Es Vive in Figueretas. It was the second time we have stayed here! It’s a nice place, great friendly service!

Club nights visited: Catharsis closing @ Las Dalias/Akasha. Really enjoyed this night both outside and inside Akasha. Good to see @stivi and great to meet @jimmiz and @james Akasha is a great venue. Stickers over phone camera lenses on the way in! Ibiza needs more of this imho! 👍
Great crowd here! Friendly and Fun.

Beat Hotel @ Cova Santa For the last few years I have been lucky the Beat hotel events have coincided with my dates. They put good events on with interesting music choices. I arrived in time to see Sofia Kourtesis outside, enjoyed her live show.
Inside Gabriel Kwarteng opened with a linear set of bland tech house, Perel improved things noticeably! And Taloboman were also good. Crowd here also good mix of ages and friendly!

Beat Hotel @ Pikes. Started early with Sunday Lunch excellent as ever! Soundtracked by Willie Graf and Dicky Trisco. Moved to the sunset terrace Heels and Souls played a nice chilled set. Louise Chen took it up a notch. Great stuff!
The Crowd here was the usual mix of Pikes characters, Balearic silverbacks and Acid cougers! 😎 left at midnight to go to Palmarama!

Palmarama @ Playa Soleil for a bit more Sven! Arrived here just after midnight was busy but not over packed. A slightly younger crowd but no bother! Sven played similarly to Akasha with some repeat tracks but fortunately the ones I like. That Bicep tune he’s playing is a banger imo!
Gotta say they have done a cracking job with this venue! Good size with cracking sound and considering it’s in PDB a good crowd to. 👍

Best bar: We didn’t do a lot of bars this time but Madagascar for reasonable price and huge measures! Also Tira pala for the view! And Paradise Lost!

Best place to eat: Pikes for best all round experience including great food, drinks and music.
Sa Vida is a favourite of ours and never disappoints!
Sa Cova is favourite also and is still excellent!

Best beach and/or beach club: For the first time in years we did not hire a car so didn’t make it to any good beaches.
Money spent: Haven’t totalled up yet!

Biggest regret: Not hiring a car

Going back?: Of course possibly in May!

Top tip: For a date night in Ibiza town, Cocktails at Tira Pala and dinner at Sa Cova is a winner!

Observations and/or conclusion: Over the many years I have been visiting Ibiza the island has gone through many changes some not so good but also sometimes things have changed for the better! I’ve also changed and want something different from the island from when I first visited. The old magic is still there if you’re prepared to work at finding it.
I’m not interested in EDM or Tech House and on the most part successfully avoid it. There lots of things that still interest me musically obviously much smaller and out of the way but I’m fine with that.
The crowds at the nights I went to were all a good mix and no bother! I haven’t experienced any overcrowded nights with pushing (being a 6ft broad shouldered skinhead might help) or any of the things others have experienced. Possibly because of the nights I choose!
Fantastic weather for this time of year and much much busier too!
Great review.. We also enjoyed Sa Vida in September and raging as totally forgot about Sa Cova.. Defo could have gone on nights we were looking for places... Roll on next year 🙃

Dates you were there: IBI Part II 3. - 16. september 2023

Where you stayed: Cap Negret & Figueretas

Club nights visited: Sven, 7. September Akasha

Best night: every night until the journey home

Worst night: the night before the journey home

Best bar: boah, we have been to so many

Best place to eat: For breakfast we like to go to litte ibiza figueretas, in the afternoon we like to go to Chiringay cavallet, and our favourite pizza is definitely ( ! ) farina santa.

Best beach and/or beach club: Ciringay Cavalett

Money spent: crazy

Biggest regret: -

Going back?: 4 - 15 June 2024

Top tip: hiking with stivi, definitely one of our highlights 2023

Dates you were there: IBI Part II 3. - 16. september 2023

Where you stayed: Cap Negret & Figueretas

Club nights visited: Sven, 7. September Akasha

Best night: every night until the journey home

Worst night: the night before the journey home

Best bar: boah, we have been to so many

Best place to eat: For breakfast we like to go to litte ibiza figueretas, in the afternoon we like to go to Chiringay cavallet, and our favourite pizza is definitely ( ! ) farina santa.

Best beach and/or beach club: Ciringay Cavalett

Money spent: crazy

Biggest regret: -

Going back?: 4 - 15 June 2024

Top tip: hiking with stivi, definitely one of our highlights 2023
Enjoyed little Ibiza for breakfast too during the same dates.. prob sat opposite table 😂 roll on 24!

Dates you were there: Mon 25th - Wed 27th September 2023 (four of us in our forties)

Where you stayed: Palladium Hotel Palmyra, San Antonio - was basic, but good - away from the West End, but only a short walk, parking on site

Club nights visited: Circo Loco @ DC10 (25th), Craig David TS5 @ Ibiza Rocks (26th), Kevin & Perry Experience @ Amnesia (26th)

Best night: Kevin & Perry Experience @ Amnesia - brilliant night - nicely busy so great atmosphere, but still room to dance, DJs on form playing all the classics with a sprinkling of modern tunes, fun smiley crowd, limited smartphones in the air, and a basic level of production which still made it fun (glowsticks, TUNE signs, a few dancers, lasers & the ice cannon); Also our first time in Amnesia VIP which was totally worth it - great place to take a break for 15 mins, no wait for drinks (or toilets) and awesome view of the main room going off! Arrived at 12:30 and left at 06:00 after some great times, especially Seb Fontaine back to back with Tall Paul

Honorable mention to Craig David TS5 @ Ibiza Rocks - fun crowd, party vibes, OK prices, and genuine talent from Craig (DJ, singer, rapper)

Worst night: Circo Loco @ DC10 - in theory an amazing line-up, including Luciano, Loco Dice, Seth Troxler & Enzo Siragusa, however, was way too packed to get into either the Terrace or the Main Room to enjoy their sets. Garden is a nice place, and weather was good, so we hung outside the entrance to the Terrace to listen to the sets, and spent some time in the Main Room, but left just before 5am. Also so many people out of it, and so much smartphone action. Appreciate Circo Loco has become a place to be (I had not been since 2010) but if you want to enjoy the DJs it is a genuine challenge to hear them properly

Best bar: n/a

Best place to eat: Sa Trinxa delicious and beautiful as always, David's Pizza still great value, Ibiza Rocks bar lunch good, and Orange Corner was decent too

Best beach and/or beach club: Sa Trinxa, Salinas - my favourite place on the planet - great food, tunes, relaxed atmosphere, and easy access to the Med

Money spent: c.£1,700 per person - including Amnesia VIP, hire car, flights, hotel, and everything else

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: after a 4 year break due to COVID and other things, definitely keen to get back to an annual trip from now on

Top tip: hire car is always great as you can get out and about so easily and do what you fancy - booked through Alamo this time who were really good - all booked online beforehand, took about 2 minutes at the airport desk, and having ordered a Seat Leon or similar, we got a brand new Range Rover Evoque

Observations and/or conclusion: surprised at how little had changed in four years - island has evolved a bit, but some of the greatest pleasures remain - if you seek out the parties and crowds you want, you can create the best memories - we were only there for 48 hours, but it felt like a week!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Dates you were there: Mon 25th - Wed 27th September 2023 (four of us in our forties)

Where you stayed: Palladium Hotel Palmyra, San Antonio - was basic, but good - away from the West End, but only a short walk, parking on site

Club nights visited: Circo Loco @ DC10 (25th), Craig David TS5 @ Ibiza Rocks (26th), Kevin & Perry Experience @ Amnesia (26th)

Best night: Kevin & Perry Experience @ Amnesia - brilliant night - nicely busy so great atmosphere, but still room to dance, DJs on form playing all the classics with a sprinkling of modern tunes, fun smiley crowd, limited smartphones in the air, and a basic level of production which still made it fun (glowsticks, TUNE signs, a few dancers, lasers & the ice cannon); Also our first time in Amnesia VIP which was totally worth it - great place to take a break for 15 mins, no wait for drinks (or toilets) and awesome view of the main room going off! Arrived at 12:30 and left at 06:00 after some great times, especially Seb Fontaine back to back with Tall Paul

Honorable mention to Craig David TS5 @ Ibiza Rocks - fun crowd, party vibes, OK prices, and genuine talent from Craig (DJ, singer, rapper)

Worst night: Circo Loco @ DC10 - in theory an amazing line-up, including Luciano, Loco Dice, Seth Troxler & Enzo Siragusa, however, was way too packed to get into either the Terrace or the Main Room to enjoy their sets. Garden is a nice place, and weather was good, so we hung outside the entrance to the Terrace to listen to the sets, and spent some time in the Main Room, but left just before 5am. Also so many people out of it, and so much smartphone action. Appreciate Circo Loco has become a place to be (I had not been since 2010) but if you want to enjoy the DJs it is a genuine challenge to hear them properly

Best bar: n/a

Best place to eat: Sa Trinxa delicious and beautiful as always, David's Pizza still great value, Ibiza Rocks bar lunch good, and Orange Corner was decent too

Best beach and/or beach club: Sa Trinxa, Salinas - my favourite place on the planet - great food, tunes, relaxed atmosphere, and easy access to the Med

Money spent: c.£1,700 per person - including Amnesia VIP, hire car, flights, hotel, and everything else

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: after a 4 year break due to COVID and other things, definitely keen to get back to an annual trip from now on

Top tip: hire car is always great as you can get out and about so easily and do what you fancy - booked through Alamo this time who were really good - all booked online beforehand, took about 2 minutes at the airport desk, and having ordered a Seat Leon or similar, we got a brand new Range Rover Evoque

Observations and/or conclusion: surprised at how little had changed in four years - island has evolved a bit, but some of the greatest pleasures remain - if you seek out the parties and crowds you want, you can create the best memories - we were only there for 48 hours, but it felt like a week!

View attachment 16765

View attachment 16766

View attachment 16767
Brave statement saying ibiza rocks prices are ok:lol: €17 for a ‘vodka’ lemon which was mainly just water off the ice cubes not what i call ok:spank:

Dates you were there: 5th to the 8th of October

Where you stayed: Air bnb right by Figueretes

Club nights visited: After Life Closing and Ushuaia Closing (had tickets for Hi closing but cancelled them and got Ushuaia closing instead)

After Life: this was the first time I had been to Hi, and I really liked it, loved the two rooms and the outside space as well. Felt pretty busy but wasn't as horrifically crowded as I thought it was going to be. Saw Dettmann and Klock in the club room and spent the evening just generally walking about the club until we found a position at the front for Tale of Us. I enjoyed Tale of Us and the last hour saw them play some classics like Opus, but I felt the quality of mixing was a bit messy and their effects on the tuens were all over the place. Maybe that was me however.

Ushuaia Closing: afterlife was fun but was broken afterwards so made the call to go to Ushuaia closing and cancelled my Hi tickets closing (thank you Spotlight). I am in my 40s and thought that maybe one big night was enough as had flights home on Sunday. I loved Ushuaia closing, I had been in the past for Ants and didn't really enjoy it, but musically I thought it was great. ANTOR were good fun, Bicep were incredible and Peggy Gou had the place bouncing with a mix of techno, house and rave tunes. Big sing along for Nanana (which is a fun song but feels like a really formulaic summer anthem). It did get really crowded at the front, and the crowd were pretty wasted and quite tetchy at points (saw a fight break out), but me and my mate found a spot middle/back and had a great bop. I loved the mix of djs and styles - great variety.

Best bar: Madagascar Bar - pretty reasonable prices - went there twice.

Best place to eat: went to Fish Shack, Bodgea (twice), Home Loos, Pizza at Elements Beach Club (which was pretty decent). Harinus Forn Artesa for breakfast in Figuretes which was full of locals. And a place on the steps in Ibiza Town which i can't quite remember...

Best beach and/or beach club: We rented a car for two days and spent a couple of days touring the island.

North/North West of the island trip - Cala D'en Serra, Benirras, Platja des Port de Sant Miquel
East part of the island: Cala Salada (this beach is incredible!), Cala Basa (didn't stop here as didn't fancy the parking situation), and swimming in the rock pool outside Ses Roques
Before Afterlife on the Thursday we went to Cala Pluma for a swim and drink - another lovely beach.

Money spent: (too much - this place just burns through money...)

Biggest regret: None - was worried that I would regret not going to Hi closing (I really want to do a 12pm closing party finish, but I think Amnesia would be best for that with the sun coming through). I was happy with going to two clubs, lots of beaches and feeling ok when it came to leave.
Only real regret is getting a late night flight back on Sunday, which was delayed and meant I didn't get home till 3am.

Going back?: yeah would love to, this is my fourth trip after 2015/16/19 - I am an irregular visitor what I love about Ibiza is that you see all ages out at the clubs. So as a 40 year old I can see more trips in the future.

Top tip: get a car and explore the island!!!! Get to the Old Town - it is beautiful there.

Observations and/or conclusion: Has the island become super expensive over the last 4 years? Or have i just forgotten?

Ibiza tale of 2 holidays
September 19-25th

Got invited on a joint stag do of two good friends. First time we've done Ibiza as stag party and I was a little uneasy about it.

Always wanted to hike in Ibiza so the Mrs gracefully allowed me to go a few days early in my own, as long as I didn't just go clubbing....

Tues - arrived 10am, car rental from the Goldcar in the airport. Plan was a hike with Stivi but the forecasted thunderstorms resulted in that being cancelled due to insurance/rules, not Stivi's fault, just one of them things - hopefully get out with him next time. Headed to San Juan for a nosey, excellent goats cheese salad at Sabores Naturals.
20230919-123033.jpg

20230919-124329.jpg

Then travelled north to hike in the rain near cala es Cabaret, did some cliff jumping, visited some caves. Found a big cave, which looked invited to shelter from the rain but as I dropped in a couple were enjoying theirselves so I hurriedly reversed out 😂 finished the walk, drove to Portinatx, fancies a beer in @zimmiz favourite shack, looked closed but ppl were drinking under the shelter - still not sure if it was open or shut! Did the 7km circular walk past the lighthouse, dropped down to the pretty Cala d'en Serra bat but again the beach bar was shut. Fun exploring the graffiti in the abandoned hotel.
20230919-154258.jpg

20230919-173736.jpg

Headed to Benirras for the sunset, few drummers but very small crowd with the weather of day - max 30ppl on the beach. Finished the day meeting my sister-in-law and Mother-in-law for food in Bar Ulivans opposite the nice church of Santa Gertrudis. Finally checked in at Hotel Brisa near midnight...long day, just need some sleep but found out what lively hotels are like for 'normal' tourists. Party directly opposite me, door open until 2/3am then the clubbers came back from 5:30am 🤣 can't complain, be me in a few days...

Weds - if I could plan a perfect day in Ibiza this would be it!
As the clubbers came back at 5:30am I headed out to hike Sa Talaia for sunrise. Easy enough to follow the track up from San Josep with a head torch, watched the lightening over the island and did a nice circular walk down the east side of the hill. Quick breakfast at Destino de tapas sat in the lovely courtyard.
20230920-080334.jpg

Drove to Cala D'Hort where I finally made it down to Atlantis, had some fun exploring and swimming before heading back up and other spine of the hill to the pirate tower. Had it to my own, was wonderfully watching the world go by. Can't believe how easy the walk to the pirate tower is, I've failed before trying to go over the top in flips and didn't find the easy path!
20230920-120624.jpg

20230920-122641.jpg

Back to San An for a beer in Golden Buddha, lunch at Davids then chilled by the pool.
20230920-141045.jpg

Caught the bus to Ibiza Town, ate Cheviches at the Pervian bar on Calle de la Virgen which was good. Also handy to use the little pass to the harbour where Solomun absolutely smashed the free party in the port. Crowd were buzzing in parry mode, chatted to loads of nationalities. Shared a taxi to san an with two workers who invited me on a pub crawl through the West End to the Ship Inn where they worked - hardly bought a beer and ended the night nicely.
20230920-230134.jpg

Thursday - 18 mates were arriving around 11am, so timed returning the car with catching a taxi back. I took a bottle hierbas as a welcome gift 😁
Hotel Pacific which was in a good location in San An, close to town/bus station, decent enough pool - food was low standard.

2nd part of the holiday was one big party...
Got smashed around the pool, the boys were dressed in well, dresses, big baby outfits - you get the script. We drank around San An, Itaca is one of my favourite spots but like all the bars down there not playing dance music. Sunset strip, then the west end. We split around 1/2am, 4 of us bought 77e tickets for Hi for Tales of Us/Sven Vath. My mate lost his ticket in the taxi journey, paid another 85e on the door 🤣🤣🤣 it's a bit of a blur, plenty of snapchats, explored the different rooms as two hadn't been since Space closed. Think it was rammed, we stayed until the last tune then headed back to drink on the balcony.

Fri - smashed around the pool throughout the day then ran a massive bar bill up at Ibiza Rocks Bar and Bay Bar, West end and then Defected at Eden. Had a good laugh until the death, then a few more at the hotel.

Sat - groundhog day around the pool, had a ball then headed to Ushuaia for Ants. I'll be honest at this point I was feeling it, felt sick walking in and needed a rest but didn't really find anywhere so ploughed through. Music was good, we had a laugh with the people around us.
When it finished I realised I hadn't eaten since Thursday morning, no wonder I didn't feel right. So headed to CIAO CIAO for some salmon pasta, we were flying but the food went down well. Met back up with friends on the strip before two of us headed to El Row. Everyone except me had at 10am flight that morning. We did shifts watching my friend's favourite Eats Everything and then my love for the terrace until around 6:30am. Left my mate in reception at 6:57am hats off to him getting the flight home 😅😅😅

I was properly Ill the Sunday waiting for the 10pm flight, everything had caught up with me. I genuinely didn't think I could make the flight home, sat outside the airport at 9pm telling the Mrs I couldn't get the flight due to being sick 🤮🤮🤮

Think I had sun stroke. Had a massive week at work lined up, took me until Wednesday to feel fine and then got a text "booking Ibiza for X's stag do next August, you in..." Decided I'll everything the same as this year but sit in the shade 😁

Last edited:
Ibiza tale of 2 holidays
September 19-25th

Got invited on a joint stag do of two good friends. First time we've done Ibiza as stag party and I was a little uneasy about it.

Always wanted to hike in Ibiza so the Mrs gracefully allowed me to go a few days early in my own, as long as I didn't just go clubbing....

Tues - arrived 10am, car rental from the Goldcar in the airport. Plan was a hike with Stivi but the forecasted thunderstorms resulted in that being cancelled due to insurance/rules, not Stivi's fault, just one of them things - hopefully get out with him next time. Headed to San Juan for a nosey, excellent goats cheese salad at Sabores Naturals.
20230919-123033.jpg

20230919-124329.jpg

Then travelled north to hike in the rain near cala es Cabaret, did some cliff jumping, visited some caves. Found a big cave, which looked invited to shelter from the rain but as I dropped in a couple were enjoying theirselves so I hurriedly reversed out 😂 finished the walk, drove to Portinatx, fancies a beer in Jimmez favourite shack, looked closed but ppl were drinking under the shelter - still not sure if it was open or shut! Did the 7km circular walk past the lighthouse, dropped down to the pretty Cala d'en Serra bat but again the beach bar was shut. Fun exploring the graffiti in the abandoned hotel.
20230919-154258.jpg

20230919-173736.jpg

Headed to Benirras for the sunset, few drummers but very small crowd with the weather of day - max 30ppl on the beach. Finished the day meeting my sister-in-law and Mother-in-law for food in Bar Ulivans opposite the nice church of Santa Gertrudis. Finally checked in at Hotel Brisa near midnight...long day, just need some sleep but found out what lively hotels are like for 'normal' tourists. Party directly opposite me, door open until 2/3am then the clubbers came back from 5:30am 🤣 can't complain, be me in a few days...

As the clubbers came back at 5:30am I headed out to hike Sa Talaia for sunrise. Easy enough to follow the track up from San Josep with a head torch, watched the lightening over the island and did a nice circular walk down the east side of the hill. Quick breakfast at Destino de tapas sat in the lovely courtyard.
20230920-080334.jpg

Drove to Cala D'Hort where I finally made it down to Atlantis, had some fun exploring and swimming before heading back up and other spine of the hill to the pirate tower. Had it to my own, was wonderfully watching the world go by. Can't believe how easy the walk to the pirate tower is, I've failed before trying to go over the top in flips and didn't find the easy path!
20230920-120624.jpg

20230920-122641.jpg

Back to San An for a beer in Golden Buddha, lunch at Davids then chilled by the pool.
20230920-141045.jpg

Caught the bus to Ibiza Town, ate Cheviches at the Pervian bar on Calle de la Virgen which was good. Also handy to use the little pass to the harbour where Solomun absolutely smashed the free party in the port. Crowd were buzzing in parry mode, chatted to loads of nationalities. Shared a taxi to san an with two workers who invited me on a pub crawl through the West End to the Ship Inn where they worked - hardly bought a beer and ended the night nicely.
20230920-230134.jpg

Thursday - 18 mates were arriving around 11am, so timed returning the car with catching a taxi back. I took a bottle hierbas as a welcome gift 😁
Hotel Pacific which was in a good location in San An, close to town/bus station, decent enough pool - food was low standard.

Got smashed around the pool, the boys were dressed in well, dresses, big baby outfits - you get the script. We drank around San An, Itaca is one of my favourite spots but like all the bars down there not playing dance music. Sunset strip, then the west end. We split around 1/2am, 4 of us bought 77e tickets for Hi for Tales of Us/Sven Vath. My mate lost his ticket in the taxi journey, paid another 85e on the door 🤣🤣🤣 it's a bit of a blur, plenty of snapchats, explored the different rooms as two hadn't been since Space closed. Think it was rammed, we stayed until the last tune then headed back to drink on the balcony.

Fri - smashed around the pool throughout the day then ran a massive bar bill up at Ibiza Rocks Bar and Bay Bar, West end and then Defected at Eden. Had a good laugh until the death, then a few more at the hotel.

Sat - groundhog day around the pool, had a ball then headed to Ushuaia for Ants. I'll be honest at this point I was feeling it, felt sick walking in and needed a rest but didn't really find anywhere so ploughed through. Music was good, we had a laugh with the people around us.
When it finished I realised I hadn't eaten since Thursday morning, no wonder I didn't feel right. So headed to CIAO CIAO for some salmon pasta, we were flying but the food went down well. Met back up with friends on the strip before two of us headed to El Row. Everyone except me had at 10am flight that morning. We did shifts watching my friend's favourite Eats Everything and then my love for the terrace until around 6:30am. Left my mate in reception at 6:57am hats off to him getting the flight home 😅😅😅

I was properly Ill the Sunday waiting for the 10pm flight, everything had caught up with me. I genuinely didn't think I could make the flight home, sat outside the airport at 9pm telling the Mrs I couldn't get the flight due to being sick 🤮🤮🤮

Think I had sun stroke. Had a massive week at work lined up, took me until Wednesday to feel fine and then got a text "booking Ibiza for X's stag do next August, you in..." Decided I'll everything the same as this year but sit in the shade 😁
Great review 👍

Ibiza tale of 2 holidays
September 19-25th

20230919-123033.jpg

20230919-124329.jpg

Then travelled north to hike in the rain near cala es Cabaret, did some cliff jumping, visited some caves. Found a big cave, which looked invited to shelter from the rain but as I dropped in a couple were enjoying theirselves so I hurriedly reversed out 😂 finished the walk, drove to Portinatx, fancies a beer in Jimmez favourite shack, looked closed but ppl were drinking under the shelter - still not sure if it was open or shut! Did the 7km circular walk past the lighthouse, dropped down to the pretty Cala d'en Serra bat but again the beach bar was shut. Fun exploring the graffiti in the abandoned hotel.
20230919-154258.jpg

20230919-173736.jpg

20230920-080334.jpg

20230920-120624.jpg

20230920-122641.jpg

20230920-141045.jpg

20230920-230134.jpg

I think this is the best review I’ve ever read 🤩

Ibiza tale of 2 holidays
September 19-25th

20230919-123033.jpg

20230919-124329.jpg

Then travelled north to hike in the rain near cala es Cabaret, did some cliff jumping, visited some caves. Found a big cave, which looked invited to shelter from the rain but as I dropped in a couple were enjoying theirselves so I hurriedly reversed out 😂 finished the walk, drove to Portinatx, fancies a beer in @zimmiz favourite shack, looked closed but ppl were drinking under the shelter - still not sure if it was open or shut! Did the 7km circular walk past the lighthouse, dropped down to the pretty Cala d'en Serra bat but again the beach bar was shut. Fun exploring the graffiti in the abandoned hotel.
20230919-154258.jpg

20230919-173736.jpg

20230920-080334.jpg

20230920-120624.jpg

20230920-122641.jpg

20230920-141045.jpg

20230920-230134.jpg

Talk about doing all of the things! Great review. I'd struggle to do part 2 these days, but brings back great memories and part 1 is my ideal. Did a Portinax hike with @stivi and my family, nippers included, at the end of July. They loved the lighthouse!

Cheers for putting the effort into the review - put a smile on my face and no doubt others!

Ibiza tale of 2 holidays
September 19-25th

20230919-123033.jpg

20230919-124329.jpg

20230919-154258.jpg

20230919-173736.jpg

20230920-080334.jpg

20230920-120624.jpg

20230920-122641.jpg

20230920-141045.jpg

20230920-230134.jpg

fantastic review - sorry our meeting didn't happen!!

Dates you were there: 30th September to 7th October.

Where you stayed: Torre Del Mar, Figueretas.

Club nights visited: None.

Best night: All of them.

Worst night: None, loved every single minute of the holiday.

Best bar: Daytime, we liked to sit in bars around Ibiza Town watching the world go by with a cocktail or sharing a bottle of wine. Can’t say I can remember too many names, but never a bad one. Good cocktails at the Croissant Show. After we found Arte Del Mojito, we typically had one there before going to eat and a couple before getting a taxi home. Yuri is a friendly and interesting guy, and spoke to lots of other great people while sitting there.

Best place to eat: Had a list of places to look out for from the Restaurants Review pages, but when it came to it we were never hungry enough for a full meal, so it was mainly tapas with a couple bottles of wine, and a cocktail or two thrown in for fun. Favourites were La Bodega and Il Gatto (or is it called Osteria?).

Best beach and/or beach club: N/A

Money spent: A lot. Mostly on wine and cocktails. My wife did spend a fair amount around Ibiza Town, and especially at the jewellery stalls that pop up at night! No one goes on holiday to save money do they?

Biggest regret: No regrets, only tears goodbye.

Going back?: Same time next year.

Top tip: Whatever your reasons are for going to Ibiza, make the most of it and enjoy every minute. Talk to people, everyone has an interesting story. It always ends too quickly, so booking the next one once you get home eases the pain.

Observations and/or conclusion: Weather in October this year was the best I have ever seen at that time of year, and the friendliness of everyone in Ibiza always amazes me, even though I know it shouldn't. It's one of the reasons we keep coming back.

Superb review...best I've read for a long time and the photos are excellent too....

Proper lol'd at this!
It was my mate who bought the Space Closing ticket off you 🤣🤣

He tried showing the bouncer his online banking statement... He just pointed at the 85e queue with us stood there laughing 😁

Ibiza tale of 2 holidays
September 19-25th

20230919-123033.jpg

20230919-124329.jpg

20230919-154258.jpg

20230919-173736.jpg

20230920-080334.jpg

20230920-120624.jpg

20230920-122641.jpg

20230920-141045.jpg

20230920-230134.jpg

Great review man

Drove to Cala D'Hort where I finally made it down to Atlantis, had some fun exploring and swimming before heading back up and other spine of the hill to the pirate tower.
Great review!

Question: did you manage to enter the pirate tower (as one of your photos is suggesting), or was the entrance locked? I was able to enter the tower back in 2008. Made it to the tower this year, but the entrance seemed locked.

Great review!

Question: did you manage to enter the pirate tower (as one of your photos is suggesting), or was the entrance locked? I was able to enter the tower back in 2008. Made it to the tower this year, but the entrance seemed locked.
That did puzzle me when I arrived, it was locked, so I walked around thinking how do they get in?!?

The I noticed that small square entrance about 6/7ft from the ground to the left of the locked door with a pile of rocks below it, you basically climb up the rocks/through the tunnel (I turned inside the tunnel) then lowered down onto another pile of rocks inside.

I took a vid from inside, if this deletes before you see it PM me

Mods delete if not appropriate

Ok so here goes..

Eivissa Oct ‘23

Preamble: this trip was only really confirmed at the last minute. My recent Covid was a shocker and neutralised any hedonistic impulses. It was never going to be that kinda trip.. we (my gf and I) consequently had minimal expectations. It was just a joy to go at all.

Flights

Vueling in and BA out both offered a good service, esp the latter. I mean roomy 2 seaters, nice passengers, complementary food and drink, straight into London City for 30€, helloo? Ibiza Airport though. Jesus Christ! I heard some woman screaming "Get me out of here, Get me out of here". The imagination raced with possibilities. Everyone else just shrugged.

Car

A blue Peugeot SUV automatic off the peerless Moto Luis who I belatedly realised now operate out of the upper level in the main car park. Nice motor albeit equipped with an incomprehensible demystifier. Not a strong look frantically working the wipers instead late night on the pitch dark Sant Carles - Sant Miquel backroads.

Accommodation

Well…very much a tale of two Ibizas

1. THB Naeco (San An bay)

The only serious misjudgment of the holiday. The room was nice enough, modern, 2 of everything etc but the pool was grim. Imagine settling down on the sunbed only for the staff to turn the music on. Vol max 10. I can still hear the booming voice of Rihanna wafting across the pool..

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me”

Indeed.. The place was crawling with loud male and female 30 somethings from somewhere in England drinking Margeritas and monopolising the water playing ballgames, in some kind of mutually satisfactory courting ritual. We lasted all of 20 mins at that particular c*nt's banquet. Next to the hotel was this sandpit where you somehow parked where/when you could. Home to lots of dilapidated camper vans from all over Europe, coated in dust. I casually wondered about the occupants of those vehicles. Where for instance did they go for a shit? We mooched about the bay but there was zero of interest. Had the ghostly air of somewhere seeing out the season. Zilch for us. I hadn't really been around there since 1987 so nothing to compare with but everything felt a bit tatty or tacky.

2. Can Lara (Sant Miquel)

Aah man, what a contrast. One of the most ridiculously beautiful finca guesthouses ever. Hidden away in the trees in remote countryside in the deep north, we never wanted to leave. The genuinely romantic option. Rooms stylishly decked out with original designs, curves and eccentric features, and strange little shrines in the garden. Perhaps a little too intimate when the toilet had no door and your co-pilot could not only hear but er smell everything.. but despite this we loved the place (if not the overly attentive insects). So peaceful in that pool and the surrounding garden of Eden. And v friendly hosts. And reasonably priced. Not the most obvious drive in. Mind the craters! Very close to Sant Miquel which was pretty quiet. We revisited the old church at the top which has a tiny library at the entrance. The last stand for a more gentle Ibiza rarely observed on this forum.

Food & Drink

As previously mentioned elsewhere the food highlight of the week was the carnivorous feast at Camí de Balafia. Also really enjoyed the vibe (albeit limited tapas options) at Il Dek Bistrot in the old town. It helped that across the road there was live Spanish music c/o Querencia Flamenco to mark the 150 Aniversari of Mercat Vell (the old market). I love flamenco and it was good to see younger people keeping the tradition alive. Elsewhere, the pancake breakfast at Bistro Mondo in Sant Joan was amazing, despite the best efforts of 2 spectacularly amorous Italian hippies to distract us on the next table. A stop too at Anita’s as always, where 6pm is an unconventional but foolproof time to guarantee an outside table. Excellent tortilla, pollastre and greixonera dessert (which is like a Catalan flan but with an extra sugary base). Rounded off by the obligatory hierbas. A wonderful place always with visitors from seemingly all over the planet. Slightly disappointed with our brekkie at Musset (Santa Gertrudis). Wasn’t feeling their dry bagels. We had a picnic on the beach one day too. Santa Eularia Mercadona is very good value these days for all the ingredients and we probably saved shitloads on a chiringuito.

Beaches

The best water was at Benirràs and Cala Llonga, the worst at Cala Nova where you were knee-deep in gunk. I stayed at Cala Llonga in 2022 and it was a shame the lovely Can Nuts (easy @Amigo) was shut. We stopped off at a chiringuito where some repulsively drunk fat peroxide blonde woman was rudely lambasting the staff for not giving her the key to the toilet. One of those cringe moments where you actually want to sink even further into that gunk. We saw that very same woman a few days later at the airport in a wheelchair, presumably pulling a fast one to leapfrog security. Maybe I owe an apology to the kids? The adults sometimes ain’t much better.. Benirràs seemed to offer the other end of the social scale. A classier clientele, old long haired Germans in white linen and beautiful women in thongs or sarongs. We saw people meditating on the rocks. A couple of guys in the porch on the drums, albeit slightly muted. We passed by the bar at Cala Xuclar too. Good vibe, popular with the bohemian Dutch, although it sadly shuts early. We somehow missed the turnoff to Portinatx and foolishly ended up on the winding road to Sant Vicent, where there was nowhere to park. Thank the f*** though for automatics on those tight bends and steep climbs.

Music

As mentioned at the top, music was pretty low priority this year, not an easy or obvious admission for someone who has lived and breathed music for 48 years. Even had I been in the mood to party most of the clubbing options had (to paraphrase the great Billy Connolly) all the appeal of a fart in a spacesuit. The standout was the Jezebell poolsider at Pikes. I know most of those guys to some extent or other, and they’re all diamond, but the sound levels were absurdly low and the bar painstakingly slow (shortstaffed?) so we couldn’t get into it. Obviously Pikes is an eternal Alice in Wonderland experience. There are always laughs to be had but I dunno if it has now lost some of that earlier mystique from 5-10 years back? Over-familiarity or maybe bad luck finding Freddies shut? A lot of chocolate mushrooms doing the rounds, the in-thing this year I am reliably informed but we couldn't be arsed. Either way Namasté at Dalias felt to me more spiritually - if not sonically - balearic, way more cosmopolitan as an experience, with glimmers of the last embers of old hippy Ibiza. After our Balafia meatfeast, we popped over there to see the legendary Jimmiz, with the very friendly Mr & Mrs Diver in the place too. My exhausted co-pilot kipped in the car and we later spent an hour trying to find each other in the dark. And that was as close to clubbing as I got. Which is not to say we were starved of music. I already mentioned EsXiringuito and its excellent music policy. A top Figueretes recommend in not necessarily the likeliest setting. We also stopped by Paradise Lost on Carrer de La Virgen, a bar I really like with excellent tunes (+ record shop now upstairs). Someone was playing a load of old skool b-boy electro which sounded mega. Seems to me that all the best music is in the bars nowadays and on Sonica around lunchtime.

General thoughts

Go North. Go inland. So unbelievably stunning always. I mean, who knew about that lovely park with the roosters at Sant Llorenç?! Also, if you see a snake, kill it. We saw a snake’s corpse on the road at Sant Miquel. The fightback is on. We inevitably missed out loads sadly. Malanga, Formentera, Sant Jordi Blues Station, some of Tucker’s cool tips in the old town. At a guess we spent around 800-1000€ each over the week. Oh yeah, in 2023, it seems the ultimate punk statement is not to have a tattoo at all. True fact kids.

And that was it. Not a review to set pulses racing but the reality has changed for us. Still love the island but feels like a very different beast these days. Hasta la pasta...

Back