Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

Top tip:
-Explore the island. I honestly NEED to do this each time I'm there and
Great review - one of the best
And Exploring? - I've done the same with Amsterdam - never got to a museum yet.
And the age? We sound similar ages - we went a rave at the Sydney superdome in 2002 with none of us over 30 - chatted to some younger ones who said "Its great to see the older generation still getting out.." little $hit!

Dates you were there:
30th July - 13th August

Where you stayed:
Villa Casa Stellar - Cala Vadella: Stayed here for the first week with 5 of our friends. The villa itself was fantastic and kitted out with everything you need as a larger group. Walking distance to Supermercado Cala Vadella for supplies and Bistro Can Pa for good food and cañas! It's also walking distance to Cala Vadella itself, although the walk back up the hill is not for the faint hearted in August heat! The only possible negative (from our perspective at least) was how secluded it was, we didn't hire a car (big mistake) and the taxi situation on the island at present made it hard for us to get around, we ended up spending a fortune on overpriced 'private transfers' just because they actually turned up when they said they would.

Apartamentos Vibra Riviera - San Antonio Bay: The wife and I stayed here for our second week after our friends left. The apartment itself was quite basic, but very clean, well equipped and the location within the bay is good for access to bars, beaches, shops, etc. This is not the hotel for a relaxed week though, pool was always very busy and the reps organise a lot of games etc to get people off their sunbeds. Also our apartment was directly above the new Plastik in the bay, so we could hear that popping off until 4/5am every night.

Club nights visited:
Flower Power - Pacha.

Fatboy Slim - Pikes.

Ants - Ushuaia (Radio 1).

Should've done more, but a nasty chest infection hit at the start of our second week and wiped us both out for a few days towards the end of the holiday.

Best night:
All three nights were great, but I had the best time at Flower Power. The crowd was great and the overall vibe just felt good. This was where it really hit home that Ibiza was back in full swing!

Freddies was rammed (as to be expected) and a pure sweatfest. Spent most of the night outside chatting to randoms, which is kind of the whole point of Pikes I suppose.

Ushuaia was a real surprise for me, I've never really been bothered about going, however the other half insisted this time. Ended up having a blast and would probably return for Ants again next time we're out.

Worst night:
Not a club night, but we went to watch the sunset at Mambo on our first Sunday and ended up staying out for drinks in the West End. Whilst it was fun (and almost felt like a bit of a rite of passage for some of the first timers we had with us), it's just not for me anymore. Also, spending an hour in the taxi rank queue trying to get home probably didn't help the mood!

Best bar:
We enjoyed El Kiosko in the bay for more of an authentic experience, pizza looked good in there as well.

Kumharas was also a great spot for sunset and live music on Sunday.

One night in the second week we stumbled into a bar in the bay called Millenium. It was absolute chaos, but funny to watch at the same time. Our vodka mixers were a good 85% vodka (outstanding value! 😆) and at one point we were left with a bottle of tequila and told to just 'crack on'. Hilarious for the hour we were in there but felt like I'd been on the slingshot after I left. Ended up in Plastik later that evening which was ok, expensive for what it is and doesn't seem as busy now it's in the bay.

Best place to eat:
We had some really good meals whilst we were there, the top feed was probably the fish and seafood paella (probably the best I've had) from Maria Luisa in Cala Vadella, closely followed by the fish fry at Cana Sofia just a little further around the corner.

Other honourable mentions go to:
Mundo Street Food - San Antonio - Great value cocktails and really good bao buns.
Salvaje - San Antonio Bay - Peruvian cuisine and some interesting entertainment whilst dining!
Bistro Can Pa - Cala Vadella - Excellent tapas and pizza.
Relish - San Antonio Bay - Very good tapas and very reasonably priced, the mussels were the standout for us.
Pamelas - Pikes - Everyone's food here was great, the chips were like the ones you get from the chippy which was a surprise!

The restaurant at the Playa Bella hotel in the bay is also good for a cheap lunch!

Best beach and/or beach club:

Best beach for us was Cala Vadella. Great sunset and a good selection of bars/restaurants without being too crowded or rowdy.

We also visited Cotton Beach Club in Cala Tarida on the recommendation of one of the guys in our group. We had a great lunch here, the monkfish and the steak 'experience' were particular highlights. The food was very good quality, although as you would expect in a place like this, the prices for everything were very high. A good day all in all, but wouldn't rush back when there are so many other options.

The other half also wanted us to check out Reggae Beach at Cala de Bou whilst we were in the bay. We had a nice chilled afternoon here listening to the music, however the beach was packed and cocktails were expensive for what they were.

Money spent:

1660643865501.png

Biggest regret:
Having to cancel the tickets for Solomun at Destino due to both of us coughing our lungs up all day and night! This is the second visit running where I have bought and then subsequently had to cancel tickets for events at Destino (first being Music On daytime in 2019) due to not feeling up to it, it's my sole mission to get myself over there next year!

Also, not hiring a car and exploring more of the island was a big mistake - I think we'll come back in lower season to do this though, as it seemed parking was a nightmare everywhere we went.

Going back?:
Absolutely, I'm trying to convince the other half to head back out for the weekend of 15th October for Amnesia closing, as it's my birthday - but I think I might be dreaming there.

2023 is a definite though (mostly to rectify the wrongs listed above), as well as every other year following...

Top tip:
If you do get ill like we did, get yourself out in the sun. It's much better to feel rough on the beach than it is in a dingy hotel room - I also hear that hierbas has antibiotic qualities... ;)

Observations and/or conclusion
The island is back on top form.
Taxis have been a real pain this year and the app was pretty much useless whenever we attempted to book via that. So just relax and be prepared to wait, you're in Ibiza after all, life doesn't get much better.

Last edited:
Thats the only thing in Ibz , which is a little bad : Taxis are a nightmare, Parking , too. Think , to use the bus when possible is the best you can do.

Dates you were there:
August 2 - 14

Where you stayed:
Apartamentos Ebusus (Santa Eulalia): We first went to these apartments in 2004. Nothing usually changes, the same clean, tidy apartments with good air con (if a bit dated interior). This year we booked the penthouse only to find it had been refreshed. New kitchen and bathroom. What a bonus. Great location, 5 mins walk to the beach and on the end of restaurant street.

AirBnb Villa (Santa Gertrudis area):
We wanted a change from the usual stay in one resort, so hired a car and took the kids to a lovely finca with private pool. Now the kids are older (8/10) they wanted to get out and see more of the island. A very basic place with no air con (hard to sleep when it is 32C at 11pm), but the isolation made for a different private experience.

Santa Gertrudis is a gorgeous place. It seemed that everyone there was French.

Club nights visited:
None – family holiday. Back in September for the clubs.

Best place to eat:
Chiringuito Blue (Santa E) – As good as every time we have ever visited. Great service, fantastic roast chicken and padron peppers. A family favourite as a treat. Make sure you book in advance though.

Restaurant Playa Sant Vicent (Cala de Sant Vicent) - A lunch that all the family enjoyed. Omelettes & pizza for the kids, local tomatoes and dried fish dish for me. Everyone is happy.

Aiyanna (Cala Nova) – Booked online for lunch. Very busy with loads of people getting turned away. Nice food and service if a little rushed.

L’Alchimista (Santa E) – We got talking to a local lady on the bus as she told us we had to go as it did amazing ice cream, and she was not wrong.

We visited Santa Eulalia, Cala Nova, Cala de Sant Vicent, Benirras, Port de Sant Miqual and Cala Tarida.

All very different. The kids loved the waves at Cala Nova.

The sunset at Benirras with the drummers was as good as I hoped.

Biggest regret:
No regrets. Hopefully there are many years to come back to explore more.

Going back?:
September. And the kids want to go back next year.

Top tip:
-Explore the island. I was nervous about hiring a car as there appears to be so much more traffic on the island than there used to be. But I soon got into the flow of things. I paid for the extra insurance just for peace of mind.

Observations and/or conclusion:
Santa Eulalia felt as busy as I have ever known it. Ibiza Town not so busy around the harbour. It sounded as though there were nowhere near as many English speakers when out and about. Loads of Dutch, French and Germans. Great to see that most restaurants and hotels appear to have survived covid. I was worried that there may be several boarded up units, but Santa E appeared to have lots of new places opening as well as the old venues.

Best place to eat: Ciao Ciao in Bossa, right next door to our hotel and reasonable good quality food. Also had a great meal at La Plaza in Ibiza town...nice to watch the street performers and musicians...the kind of thing I want when I go to Ibiza town.
Great little spot this. They also deliver to the Migjorn by the way, if you can't face leaving the room...

Dates you were there:

9th-12th August

Where you stayed:

Oku - Our first time here - unbelievable hotel. The service is incredible on every level, the multiple pools are gorgeous, the DJ set up is good for a hotel, the rooms are fantastic.

Migjorn - I've reviewed this a fair bit. This used to be my favourite hotel on the island. It is now Oku

Club nights visited:

Exhale - Amelie Lens / Dax J - brilliant night, not too busy. I feel a bit sorry for the promoters, you can see they are struggling. The back to back with Dax J / Farrago was awesome

Robbie Williams / Lufthaus at 528 - we were lucky enough to be invited to this. I REALLY didn't want to go, but this was the girlfriend's birthday trip, so I was convinced. It ended up being such a cool vibe, with the highlight being Robbie holding my gf's hands and dancing with her - she was over the moon!

Afterlife - Tale of Us, ANNA, etc. - again, really good night, again, not STUPIDLY busy (although the main room was busy at the front). Production absolutely insane, and music very good (we preferred room 2 as usual, but Tale of Us were very good). I was really impressed with the bar staff and security, the sound system, and the air conditioning working everywhere. The wild corner was brilliant this time

Best night:

All of them

Worst night:

None

Best bar:

Didn't really drink much other than the first day (our usual pattern). Got destroyed at the pool bar at Oku - service good

Best place to eat:

We had dinner at Oku restaurant - the chef is from Sushi Samba, Asian fusion. Very, very good, with great service. But, actually, lunch around the pool was probably as good, if not better, and cheaper. Probably the best lunch I've had in Ibiza this year

Only got to Blue Marlin this time

Money spent:

1/4 of the amount of July, with a far better car, hotel, and experience. 3 nights versus 6 though obviously, but still, spend worked out at half the rate of July

Biggest regret:

Not staying longer to get to Pyramid on Sunday

Going back?:

We weren't going to, but after this trip, yes - trip number 4

Top tip:

Rent a car, the one time we tried to get a taxi was grim. We ended up walking from the Migjorn to DC10

Ibiza is back.

After this trip, and Afterlife at Hi, I can see why Hi is the number 1 club in the world.

Previous visits to Hi never hit the spot, but now, I get it.

Here it is...Trip 2: The Lads

Dates you were there: 9th-14th August

Where you stayed: 5 nights at Hotel Vibra Bay, San Antonio. The pool area is really nice and quiet for San An! But room was very basic. When i'm with these though all i'm bothered about is a balcony (often the place to be).

Club nights visited:

Tuesday - Camelphat @ Ushuaia: For the purposes of this part i'm going to refer to Solardo as Solero, as I have actually enjoyed a Solero before, several times in fact, and they doesn't contain cheese. We had the pre-7pm tickets and due to the taxi struggle we had to get the bus which meant we were 20 minutes late, and they charged us the extra 25 euros each which left an immediate sour taste as I couldn't believe I was paying even more money for Solero. I understand there has to be a cut-off point but cut us some slack whilst its so hard to get around no? There wsa plenty in the same boat/bus as us. I was gutted that we only caught the last half an hour of Patrice Baumel who although played a very obvious warm up set, the tunes were funky so now want to see him again properly if given the opputunity. He was also barefoot which i've never seen before but fair play mate you do you. Hilarity ensued during Solero as my mate decided to freeze himself using Ketamine and security took him away to do experiments in the medical tent despite our protests that he wasn't causing anyone any harm (he was literally stood like a statue). I used this opportunity to accompany him (whilst conveniently missing Solero) but I was told he needed serious medical attention and "i'm the qualified nurse here". I tried to tell them I was qualified in this scenario and he will return to his former self/thaw out in about 10 minutes, but no joy. I returned to the rave whilst they carried on playing doctors and nurses with a frozen man, and Solero were playing some cringey Sweet Dreams remix which gave me a hint of jealousy as we discovered our frozen friend had been ejected. He walked round to the front and paid to get in again so it was just an enormous waste of everybody's time. Camelphat were good as usual and we just felt glad to all be together at this point. Back to the balcony for more nonsense.

Wednesday - Paradise @ Amnesia: We got to the club room for the last hour of Rebuke and he played a banging set which also still felt like a warm up. The ever-reliable Alan Fitzpatrick came on and played some quality piano tunes whilst maintaining the heaviness. We then headed to the terrace for 4 hours of Jamie Jones and I can't really tell you what he played, it was all good but nothing really stuck out and we didn't have shazam out once, but everyone had a good time. Ended up on the big box thing with my mate when JJ closed with Cece Peniston - Finally which was a cool moment and we were still up there when the lights came on. Amnesia remains my favourite club.

Thursday (9-12) - Solomun at Destino: This was quite simply the best night i've ever had on the island. What a venue Destino is! A really cool place, international crowd, relaxed vibe and the sound system is unbelievable for outdoors. Reasonably priced as well so for me Destino is everything that Ushuaia isn't. I've also now finally met a fellow spotlighter!! None other than @stivi. We arrived at 8.30 which gave us time to get a pizza and chill and Solomun walked past us but 2 Instagirlies blocked us getting a picture with him, ah well never mind. He played one of the best sets i've seen him play so everything was just great. Tunes that we could ID and we enjoyed most were Matt Guy - Party Starter, Ewan Mcvicar - Ecosse, Fred Again - Jungle and Antigalactic (Mumbai Science Remix).

Thursday (1-end) - Afterlife @ Hi: I don't think i'm ever going to get over how good Tale of Us were, I was literally speechless. For me they confirmed that they are the best djs in the world right now. After such a poor experience at Hi last time this was the complete opposite. When we left that club everybody in the street was buzzing. ANNA was also brilliant, playing Konstantin Sibold - Shake this World and the Adam Beyer remix of Sam Paganini's Rave, both these went off and it was a superb start. But Tale of Us, wow! They started big with Yubik - The Runner, onto Anyma - Welcome to the Opera, the Goom Gum (who we really like atm) It's Insanity Remix, Final Request - Timeless, Eric Prydz - Proper Education + Prydz's remix of their track Consciousness and towards the end played this 90s trance song which we're still trying to find, and also an unreal Axwell - Leave the World Behind remix. I've missed plenty off but it was just tune after tune and they simply left us all astonished at how good DJ's can be. A special special night.

Friday - Music On @ Pacha: Arrived about 2am for the last hour and a bit of Hot Since 82 who was decent enough. Enjoyed Nathan Alzon - Looking at You and his own track Poison, it was all just nice. We'd agreed after a long slog the night before we would only stay for an hour of Marco Carolla who came on at 3:30 aaaand we were still there a 6:30! He started out with some really funky house tunes and the last hour or so there was some proper face melters - alot of it unreleased. We didn't want to leave in the end but decided it was for the best as we were starting to ache. I love Pacha although one thing I don't get - where is everybody going? Nobody seems to stay in the same place for more than 5 minutes! Stop and dance people!!

Saturday - Luciano @ Club Chinois: Total fail. As mentioned in another thread we queued for ages and then got told it was full.

Best night: Would have been Solomun but then Tale of Us happened. Spoilt rotten that Thursday.

Worst night: Didn't really have a bad night other than the disappointment of Chinois.

Best bar: We really enjoyed chilling at the Rock Bar on the front in Ibiza town and the food was great. I seem to have made friends with the staff there now after a couple of visits - they are great too, I highly recommend. Watching Brentford slap Man United in Flahertys was fun too, lots of Arsenal in there and they were all confused why we had Morecambe v Fleetwood town on our phones - there is football outside the EPL! Up the Shrimps.

Best place to eat: Nothing fancy - had a good eggs benedict at Flahertys, and the breakfast at Ibiza Rocks Bar is always decent. I had the cheesiest pizza in history at Bondi cafe.

Best beach and/or beach club: Didn't visit any other than a cheeky 5 minutes at that cove.

Money spent: About a grand.

Biggest regret: We didn't visit the new Space Bar. And we didn't have our annual go-karting trip, which is probably fair as the current Champion couldn't make it this year.

Going back?: In 2023 for sure.

Top tip: Don't invite lads from Darlington back to your room if one of them keeps pissing himself.

Observations and/or conclusion: The island felt noticeably quieter during the day, but the clubs were still full so I don't mind. It was quite nice to be able to walk down the promenade with relative ease. The beach in San An was closed for most of the time we were there which we thought was odd.

This was our fifth trip together as our group and Ibiza is still the best place in the world to be with your best mates.

P.S. whoever needs to here this: nobody's arsed about your age! I'm 31 and I was probably the oldest at Paradise and the youngest in the queue at Club Chinois, it just doesn't matter in Ibizaaaaaa

Thursday (1-end) - Afterlife @ Hi: I don't think i'm ever going to get over how good Tale of Us were, I was literally speechless. For me they confirmed that they are the best djs in the world right now. After such a poor experience at Hi last time this was the complete opposite. When we left that club everybody in the street was buzzing. ANNA was also brilliant, playing Konstantin Sibold - Shake this World and the Adam Beyer remix of Sam Paganini's Rave, both these went off and it was a superb start. But Tale of Us, wow! They started big with Yubik - The Runner, onto Anyma - Welcome to the Opera, the Goom Gum (who we really like atm) It's Insanity Remix, Final Request - Timeless, Eric Prydz - Proper Education + Prydz's remix of their track Consciousness and towards the end played this 90s trance song which we're still trying to find, and also an unreal Axwell - Leave the World Behind remix. I've missed plenty off but it was just tune after tune and they simply left us all astonished at how good DJ's can be. A special special night

Glad I wasn’t the only one impressed by this - incredible night.

Sad we missed Solomun.

Here it is...Trip 2: The Lads

Dates you were there: 9th-14th August

Where you stayed: 5 nights at Hotel Vibra Bay, San Antonio. The pool area is really nice and quiet for San An! But room was very basic. When i'm with these though all i'm bothered about is a balcony (often the place to be).

Club nights visited:

Tuesday - Camelphat @ Ushuaia: For the purposes of this part i'm going to refer to Solardo as Solero, as I have actually enjoyed a Solero before, several times in fact, and they doesn't contain cheese. We had the pre-7pm tickets and due to the taxi struggle we had to get the bus which meant we were 20 minutes late, and they charged us the extra 25 euros each which left an immediate sour taste as I couldn't believe I was paying even more money for Solero. I understand there has to be a cut-off point but cut us some slack whilst its so hard to get around no? There wsa plenty in the same boat/bus as us. I was gutted that we only caught the last half an hour of Patrice Baumel who although played a very obvious warm up set, the tunes were funky so now want to see him again properly if given the opputunity. He was also barefoot which i've never seen before but fair play mate you do you. Hilarity ensued during Solero as my mate decided to freeze himself using Ketamine and security took him away to do experiments in the medical tent despite our protests that he wasn't causing anyone any harm (he was literally stood like a statue). I used this opportunity to accompany him (whilst conveniently missing Solero) but I was told he needed serious medical attention and "i'm the qualified nurse here". I tried to tell them I was qualified in this scenario and he will return to his former self/thaw out in about 10 minutes, but no joy. I returned to the rave whilst they carried on playing doctors and nurses with a frozen man, and Solero were playing some cringey Sweet Dreams remix which gave me a hint of jealousy as we discovered our frozen friend had been ejected. He walked round to the front and paid to get in again so it was just an enormous waste of everybody's time. Camelphat were good as usual and we just felt glad to all be together at this point. Back to the balcony for more nonsense.

Wednesday - Paradise @ Amnesia: We got to the club room for the last hour of Rebuke and he played a banging set which also still felt like a warm up. The ever-reliable Alan Fitzpatrick came on and played some quality piano tunes whilst maintaining the heaviness. We then headed to the terrace for 4 hours of Jamie Jones and I can't really tell you what he played, it was all good but nothing really stuck out and we didn't have shazam out once, but everyone had a good time. Ended up on the big box thing with my mate when JJ closed with Cece Peniston - Finally which was a cool moment and we were still up there when the lights came on. Amnesia remains my favourite club.

Thursday (9-12) - Solomun at Destino: This was quite simply the best night i've ever had on the island. What a venue Destino is! A really cool place, international crowd, relaxed vibe and the sound system is unbelievable for outdoors. Reasonably priced as well so for me Destino is everything that Ushuaia isn't. I've also now finally met a fellow spotlighter!! None other than @stivi. We arrived at 8.30 which gave us time to get a pizza and chill and Solomun walked past us but 2 Instagirlies blocked us getting a picture with him, ah well never mind. He played one of the best sets i've seen him play so everything was just great. Tunes that we could ID and we enjoyed most were Matt Guy - Party Starter, Ewan Mcvicar - Ecosse, Fred Again - Jungle and Antigalactic (Mumbai Science Remix).

Thursday (1-end) - Afterlife @ Hi: I don't think i'm ever going to get over how good Tale of Us were, I was literally speechless. For me they confirmed that they are the best djs in the world right now. After such a poor experience at Hi last time this was the complete opposite. When we left that club everybody in the street was buzzing. ANNA was also brilliant, playing Konstantin Sibold - Shake this World and the Adam Beyer remix of Sam Paganini's Rave, both these went off and it was a superb start. But Tale of Us, wow! They started big with Yubik - The Runner, onto Anyma - Welcome to the Opera, the Goom Gum (who we really like atm) It's Insanity Remix, Final Request - Timeless, Eric Prydz - Proper Education + Prydz's remix of their track Consciousness and towards the end played this 90s trance song which we're still trying to find, and also an unreal Axwell - Leave the World Behind remix. I've missed plenty off but it was just tune after tune and they simply left us all astonished at how good DJ's can be. A special special night.

Friday - Music On @ Pacha: Arrived about 2am for the last hour and a bit of Hot Since 82 who was decent enough. Enjoyed Nathan Alzon - Looking at You and his own track Poison, it was all just nice. We'd agreed after a long slog the night before we would only stay for an hour of Marco Carolla who came on at 3:30 aaaand we were still there a 6:30! He started out with some really funky house tunes and the last hour or so there was some proper face melters - alot of it unreleased. We didn't want to leave in the end but decided it was for the best as we were starting to ache. I love Pacha although one thing I don't get - where is everybody going? Nobody seems to stay in the same place for more than 5 minutes! Stop and dance people!!

Saturday - Luciano @ Club Chinois: Total fail. As mentioned in another thread we queued for ages and then got told it was full.

Best night: Would have been Solomun but then Tale of Us happened. Spoilt rotten that Thursday.

Worst night: Didn't really have a bad night other than the disappointment of Chinois.

Best bar: We really enjoyed chilling at the Rock Bar on the front in Ibiza town and the food was great. I seem to have made friends with the staff there now after a couple of visits - they are great too, I highly recommend. Watching Brentford slap Man United in Flahertys was fun too, lots of Arsenal in there and they were all confused why we had Morecambe v Fleetwood town on our phones - there is football outside the EPL! Up the Shrimps.

Best place to eat: Nothing fancy - had a good eggs benedict at Flahertys, and the breakfast at Ibiza Rocks Bar is always decent. I had the cheesiest pizza in history at Bondi cafe.

Best beach and/or beach club: Didn't visit any other than a cheeky 5 minutes at that cove.

Money spent: About a grand.

Biggest regret: We didn't visit the new Space Bar. And we didn't have our annual go-karting trip, which is probably fair as the current Champion couldn't make it this year.

Going back?: In 2023 for sure.

Top tip: Don't invite lads from Darlington back to your room if one of them keeps pissing himself.

Observations and/or conclusion: The island felt noticeably quieter during the day, but the clubs were still full so I don't mind. It was quite nice to be able to walk down the promenade with relative ease. The beach in San An was closed for most of the time we were there which we thought was odd.

This was our fifth trip together as our group and Ibiza is still the best place in the world to be with your best mates.

P.S. whoever needs to here this: nobody's arsed about your age! I'm 31 and I was probably the oldest at Paradise and the youngest in the queue at Club Chinois, it just doesn't matter in Ibizaaaaaa
Another great review 😁

Dates you were there:
August 17-20th

Where you stayed:
Hostal Boutique Salines

Club nights visited:
None

Best night:
Friday night at the hostal - Moroccan Couscous Royale show

Worst night:
None

Best bar:
None

Best place to eat:
At the hostal; A member of the kitchen staff formally worked for the Moroccan royal family and specialises in the most amazing couscous. On the Friday night they showcase this with a meat or vegan option along with belly dancing. The food & show lived up to the promise.

Sa Trinxa/Salinas. One of the factors that helped us decide to stay there.

Money spent (for 2 of us):
Spending money - £550
Flights - £360
Hostal - £590
Hotel at Gatwick - £160 (inc Parking)
Gatwick food/toiletries - £75

Total £1735

Biggest regret:
I would like to explore the old town more. I always seem to end up in the familiar places.

Going back?:
I don't think I could stop going if I wanted to.

Top tip:
Make use of the Revolut Euro account. This made it so easy to manage our money. We could transfer GBP fee free and then convert it to Euros ready to pay via our iPhone.

We intentionally opted for a quiet and relaxing holiday this year. Hostal Salines was a very good location for this. We had a great day at Sa Trinxa, a night out in Ibiza town (ate at Mikasa) and an amazing evening at the hotel as mentioned above.

Also managed to squeeze in a 4 mile hike around part of the nature park and back along Playa des Cavallet.

Relaxing around the gardens at the Hostal was bliss.

IMG_0580.jpegIMG_0646.jpeg.IMG_0645.jpeg

Last edited:
Dates you were there:

9th-12th August

Where you stayed:

Oku - Our first time here - unbelievable hotel. The service is incredible on every level, the multiple pools are gorgeous, the DJ set up is good for a hotel, the rooms are fantastic.

Migjorn - I've reviewed this a fair bit. This used to be my favourite hotel on the island. It is now Oku

Club nights visited:

Exhale - Amelie Lens / Dax J - brilliant night, not too busy. I feel a bit sorry for the promoters, you can see they are struggling. The back to back with Dax J / Farrago was awesome

Robbie Williams / Lufthaus at 528 - we were lucky enough to be invited to this. I REALLY didn't want to go, but this was the girlfriend's birthday trip, so I was convinced. It ended up being such a cool vibe, with the highlight being Robbie holding my gf's hands and dancing with her - she was over the moon!

Afterlife - Tale of Us, ANNA, etc. - again, really good night, again, not STUPIDLY busy (although the main room was busy at the front). Production absolutely insane, and music very good (we preferred room 2 as usual, but Tale of Us were very good). I was really impressed with the bar staff and security, the sound system, and the air conditioning working everywhere. The wild corner was brilliant this time

Best night:

All of them

Worst night:

None

Best bar:

Didn't really drink much other than the first day (our usual pattern). Got destroyed at the pool bar at Oku - service good

Best place to eat:

We had dinner at Oku restaurant - the chef is from Sushi Samba, Asian fusion. Very, very good, with great service. But, actually, lunch around the pool was probably as good, if not better, and cheaper. Probably the best lunch I've had in Ibiza this year

Only got to Blue Marlin this time

Money spent:

1/4 of the amount of July, with a far better car, hotel, and experience. 3 nights versus 6 though obviously, but still, spend worked out at half the rate of July

Biggest regret:

Not staying longer to get to Pyramid on Sunday

Going back?:

We weren't going to, but after this trip, yes - trip number 4

Top tip:

Rent a car, the one time we tried to get a taxi was grim. We ended up walking from the Migjorn to DC10

Ibiza is back.

After this trip, and Afterlife at Hi, I can see why Hi is the number 1 club in the world.

Previous visits to Hi never hit the spot, but now, I get it.

Always makes me smile when I see the love for Dax J. Did you know he used to be the resident Dj for Corner Bar in the west end in 2007? I worked the same season and we were pretty good friends. Could tell he had is sights set on being a pro DJ back then.

Always makes me smile when I see the love for Dax J. Did you know he used to be the resident Dj for Corner Bar in the west end in 2007? I worked the same season and we were pretty good friends. Could tell he had is sights set on being a pro DJ back then.
Awesome.

Dates you were there:
August 26-Aug 30 (really short visit this time because of a new home and new job. Might go again in sep/oct).

Where you stayed:
Red Hotel San An. Never stayed in San Antonio before, but my regular place in the quiet north was full so I needed a cheap alternative. But wow, San An is something else...off course i had walked over the boardwalk many times already but never have I actually slept and woken up right above the Egg. The hotel was not bad at all, but I don't think i'll ever return :eek:

Club nights visited:
People from Ibiza x La Guarida @ Cova Santa
Elrow @ Amnesia
Villa afterparty @ somehwere on the island

Best night:
This was all one evening - night - morning and day. :D so obviously the best one.

Worst night:
The first night, had a crazy delay in Amsterdam, arrived more than 4 hours later than planned in Ibiza, the car rental office was already closed, the taxi cue outside the airport was huge so I decided to overpay for a illegal driver. Got in the hotel around 03 am...and wasnt in the mood anymore to go to Pacha for Music On so that sucked. Also had to get in a cab again the next morning to go back to the airport to collect my car, it was just annoying to lose so much time in what was already a shorter visit than usual.

Best bar:
Not been in a bar.

Best place to eat:
La Paloma every time, but I also enjoyed Tapas in San Antonio.

Boathouse in San Vincence is a great place, great food and very nice people.

Money spent (for 2 of us):
Hope to get some taxi costs back from the airline, but it was a lot as always in ibiza.

Biggest regret:
I don't regret going to an afterparty, cause it's fun and an opportunity that doesn't come by very often, but I must say that after the first short night with the flight delay, then the preparty in Cova Santa and a whole night of Elrow I probably lacked some energy for this after. I did it anyway and the more we got into daytime the hotter it was so it got a little tough. The result was that I was wrecked on sunday and monday so we decided to do some other stuff than more partying.

Going back?:
No doubt!

Top tip:
Don't go in August, it's just way too busy.

Dates you were there: 24/08-28/08

Where you stayed: Hotel Puchet, San an - great location and nice enough (basic) rooms - aircon wasn’t the best but rooms have fridges and the pool area was good with good tunes played all through the day

Club nights visited: sven @ pikes, Trick @ dc10

Best night: loved them both

Worst night: n/a

Best bar: met friends at Golden Buddha (first visit there and had a good experience!)

Best place to eat: honestly didn’t really eat much or if we did it was just a pizza or breakfast from the hotel:lol: did have a bight to eat one afternoon at Tulp (i think) and that was nice/cheap enough!

Best beach and/or beach club: only went to one of each…not sure the name of the little beach between san an and the bay which has a little bar on it love it there! And also went to nassau beach club but that was for a drink late on before Trick and we were the only ones there…EXPENSIVE if memory serves right

Money spent: spends between 2 of us was £1000

Biggest regret: 4 days is too short (goes without saying)

Going back?: 🤣

Top tip: take insect repellant !

Observations and/or conclusion : taxi situation was bad as what people say, freddies was too packed for Sven, the bars we went to in san an definitely weren’t busy on a night time. but all in all had a blast of a 4 days where i didn’t plan to party everyday but did (whoops).

Dates you were there: 24th - 27th Aug Hastily arranged visit due to work and family commitments

Where you stayed: Blau Park - Junior suite with seaview. Newly renovated rooms with impressive balcony

Club nights visited: Sven @ Pikes

Best night: Pikes. Probably my favourite venue on the island at this stage

Best Bar: Buddha, Monkey (for drinks), and the new Space Bar were the best of the bunch

Best place to eat: Sun Sea Bar was really good and is still reasonably priced

Best beach: Cala Gratio

Money spent: Too much

Biggest regret: Overdoing it at Pikes curtailed our plans for the following day but sure.. when in Rome

Going back?:
Of course

Top Top
: Imo prices have got out of hand so do your research (with Spotlight still the go-to for information)

Observations and/or conclusion We must've got lucky as had no problems sorting taxis

Dates you were there: 6 - 15th Aug

Where you stayed: Cenit Hotel, Superior Sea View Room

Club nights visited: Glitterbox @Hi, Niki Jam@Hi, El Baile@Pacha, Ants@Ushuaia, Elrow@Amnesia

Best night: El Baile (nice crowd and music, loved the decoration of Pacha for this one)
Worst night: Niki Jam (was only there in solidarity with group, not into latin at all) /Elrow (dangerous, Circoloco Opening party vibe)
Best Bar: Did a few in Ibiza Town but really like Tirapalla.

Best place to eat: Several good places we ate at but tops were: Can den parra, La Torreta, El Carnicero and La Calma

Best beach: Es Cavallet this trip

Money spent: Flight and hotel around 1700eur per person. For the rest, dont wanna know.

Biggest regret: 2 times at Hi. Although Glitterbox was fun I really dont like the club. Also, should have cancelled Ants due to 40c that saturday. Heard later they closed Ushuaia early because of dust winds or something, but left before that.

Going back?: Of course. Been in august several times but this time was probably the last - next trip I will try september (also starting to feel old in the august crowds).

Top Tip
: Dont go in August (and no transfers in Dusseldorf (second time bags are lost there))

Dates you were there:
22nd-28th August

Where you stayed:
Ibiza Sun Apartments – It was a very quiet and clean place which is very close to Ushuaia and Hi. I will definitely stay there in my future visits.

Club nights visited:
David Guetta - Ushuaia

Armin van Buuren - Hi

Steve Aoki - Amnesia

Exhale - DC 10

Solid Grooves - DC 10

Music On - Pacha

Calvin Harris - Ushuaia

and unfortunately Elrow - Amnesia

Best night:
Exhale was the best one because it was not too busy. We had enough space to dance and enjoy the night. Amelie Lens was great as always and danced with the fans in front of the booth after her set. I love her energy.

Worst night:
Elrow – Amnesia. There is no need to spend money for a crowded party like that. They can double ticket prices and sell less tickets. I am sure that everybody will accept it.

Best bar:
All of them :)

Best place to eat:
Materia Prima Pizzeria. If you like pizza, I strongly recommend there.

Amante Ibiza

Money spent:
N/A :)

Biggest regret:
Not staying more than 2 hours in Music On, Pacha due to my illness.

Going back?:
In October

Top Tip: Dont go in August (and no transfers in Dusseldorf (second time bags are lost there))

Once you’ve lost your bags on a trip to Ibiza (I have) suggest you always always carry-on enough of your favourite swim shorts, tops, T-shirts Etc to last for 3-4 days.

Dates you were there: 20/08-25/08

Where you stayed: Vibra Tropical Garden, Figueretas. Decent enough, good location.

Club nights visited: Circoloco @ DC10, Paradise @ Amnesia

Best night: Circoloco for me, Paradise for my mate who was a first timer

Worst night: Both decent. Woke up after Paradise with some fella sitting at the table in the apartment which was a bit scary but it turned out to be a towel.

Best bar: Had a good time at Paradise Lost on the first night.

Best place to eat: Had a nice carbonara in El Local in the town on the last night. Had some tapas here or there but didn’t eat loads otherwise.

Best beach and/or beach club: Only went to Figueretas beach and strolled down to PDB one of the days.

Money spent: a lot

Biggest regret: We caned it the day we got there and into the next day. Went to take a power nap at 10pm before Solomun +1 and woke up at 4am so missed it. Ended up clubbing Mon/Weds instead of Sun/Tues as planned. Glad to go to DC-10 on the Monday but regret missing it on the Tues.

Going back?: Yeah at some stage

Top tip: Don’t get an overnight flight back if you can’t sleep on planes.

Observations and/or conclusion : Wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be for August. Very hot though so will be back in late Sept next time.

Last edited:
Back