Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

Dates you were there: 4th until the 13th. of September

Where you stayed: Apartamentos Sunset & Secret Oasis, just a stone throw from san antonio, we always prefer to stay near san Antonio, this hotel is as the names says a little oasis, beautiful pool area, loads of trees and bushes, rooms are big with top aircon and the whole complex is well kept, the staff is very helpful and super friendly.

Club nights visited: DJ Harvey`s Mercury Rising at Pikes, Roy Rosenfeld and Sebastien Leger, All day i dream at Cova Santa

Best night: both nights were lit, i liked Harveys selection of Ibiza classics, anyone remember "precious little diamond" by fox the fox or "the night" by valerie dore? those tunes among other good classics took us back in time, the crowd and the staff were all very friendly, met a lot of nice people there, the dancefloor was well packed and moving around was not that easy, but once we found a spot, dancing was possible, wifey and me loved pikes.

Cova Santa was also very special, got there just shortly b4 9pm. with the tix i bought from ibiza spotlight that included one free drink. when i arrived the dancefloor was already busy, roy rosenfeld and sebastien leger played a chilling b2b set which got the crowd dancing and the vibe was very chilled, crowd from all ages, countries and backgrounds, also at cs I met a lot of friendly people. Later the party moved down to the club, which still was good but I prefered it more outside.

Worst night: on the way back from cova santa at 6.30 am. i got into a policia local control and had to blow, i blew 0.9, which is 0.4 over the limit, the policia local were nice but still took me to the station where I had to wait for a while, later they drove me to guardia civil station where I was released about 10 am. took a taxi back to the hotel. car was towed, had to pay 100 euros. A few days later i had to go to the juzgado in Ibiza town to the judge, that cost me another 600 euros fine, the bill will be sent by post they said, i was pretty scared for a while bc i wasnt sure if i had to go to prison, but everyone i met said no prison. i learned now that it was a big mistake to still drive back from the club, should have taken a taxi, never mind now it happened, silly old me.

Best bar: didn’t do any any indoor bars, just kumharas, my wifes caipirinha was delicious, also the los enamorades in portinatx was awesome.

Best place to eat: we liked la paloma, they do a good oriental salad and tasty homemade pizza, for brekkie or brunch we liked passion in san joseph.

Other restaurants we ate: tapas san antonio, food was good quality, sunset ashram, average but still ok. my wife liked the food at la cave in ibiza, we went there four times for lunch. at restaurant es bol nou we had a good paella, restaurant bellamar in talamanca also good paella, amante turned into a even more rip off place, way to expensive for what they offer, i was still hungry when we left, also good was pom thai restaurant which was recomended to us by a nice lady we met at pikes, food was good, big portions and friendly staff, guy at the bar offered me at least 4 hierbas, once we ate at double dragon the chinese on carrer des calo, which was good value.

Best beach and/or beach club: we loved cala xuclar and es bol nou. cala conte and cala escondida where too filled,

Money spent: enuff but it was worth every penny apart from at amante

Biggest regret: drink driving, didnt go to akasha

Going back?: sure, maybe later in october otherwise next mai,

Top tip: try to travel up to the north, visit the english speaking church in ibiza, make new friends

Observations and/or conclusion: what a great vacay we had, loved every bit, maybe next time need to go in mai or later in september as it was too hot during daytime, still love the island and the vibe.

Last edited:
Yeah, unlucky Pittley. I think only extreme intoxication would get a jailterm. Btw I love 'Precious Little Diamond' real revival on that recently

Yeah, unlucky Pittley. I think only extreme intoxication would get a jailterm. Btw I love 'Precious Little Diamond' real revival on that recently
@Pittley nothing on your driving licence?

@Tourist DD in Spain/Ibiza. Is a fine or jail if too much over the limit. What the deal with you licence?

in the 90's 400 pesetas used to work. It would go straight in the coppers pocket. You could generally come to some sort of arrangement if you were polite.. lol

@Tourist DD in Spain/Ibiza. Is a fine or jail if too much over the limit. What the deal with you licence?

in the 90's 400 pesetas used to work. It would go straight in the coppers pocket. You could generally come to some sort of arrangement if you were polite.. lol
Everything ok if no accident happens , also in the 90s.
I never did. I heard too much.

I would never risk it. Spain has a shocking mortality rate on the autopistas esp around public holidays and it's taken very seriously now. 2 cañas and 1 wine is absolute tops for me. As for gear, I wouldn't drive unless i'd had at least a 2-3hr kip first.

I would never risk it. Spain has a shocking mortality rate on the autopistas esp around public holidays and it's taken very seriously now. 2 cañas and 1 wine is absolute tops for me. As for gear, I wouldn't drive unless i'd had at least a 2-3hr kip first.
Thats pretty much my rule. A few beers, or a couple of glasses of wine. And I'm always on a scooter so it isn't wise to drink too much. I was just curious what the implications were.

the juzgado said i get points but only in spain, i need to find out how long they are valid, might be a problem next time i want to rent a car or drive it while in ibiza. the spanish authorities have no agreement with the swiss authorities regarding road traffic offences, thats what i understood.

Everything ok if no accident happens , also in the 90s.
I never did. I heard too much.
at some point it hits everyone, that's the first time for me and i've been driving for some time, i don't usually drink when i'm behind the wheel and when i drink i take a taxi or public transport, this should teach me a lesson to never ever do it again. i didn't feel drunk when i left cova santa, yes i've had a few drinks, although the bartenders put little alcohol in the glass, most of it is ice.

at some point it hits everyone, that's the first time for me and i've been driving for some time, i don't usually drink when i'm behind the wheel and when i drink i take a taxi or public transport, this should teach me a lesson to never ever do it again. i didn't feel drunk when i left cova santa, yes i've had a few drinks, although the bartenders put little alcohol in the glass, most of it is ice.
In Ibz they told me , they had a horrible rate of accidents. Was 6 or 7 years ago. Dont know how it is today. Maybe its better now. They wanted to do something against it. At some days / mornings its impossible to drive without to see a traffic control. Maybe its the only way.

In Ibz they told me , they had a horrible rate of accidents. Was 6 or 7 years ago. Dont know how it is today. Maybe its better now. They wanted to do something against it. At some days / mornings its impossible to drive without to see a traffic control. Maybe its the only way.
i noticed that there are many of these traffic calming bumps all over ibiza, if you drive over them too fast it almost knocks you out of the driver's seat. I find that most drivers drive fairly decently, every now and then there are taxis trying to overtake, otherwise I think many drive decently. regarding controls: it is known in san an that burger king, kfc, linecker very often carry out local polizia controls.
I didn't see a single accident, but when I was at the juzgado, a local sat next to me who told me he had hit someone on the zebra crossing, I felt very sorry for the man.

I have seen some things with scooter. Damaged scooter beside the road. Often around Ibiza town. And around DC10.
I take Taxi or feet , if I go out.

Dates you were there: 4th until the 13th. of September

Other restaurants we ate: tapas san antonio, food was good quality, sunset ashram, average but still ok. my wife liked the food at la cave in ibiza, we went there four times for lunch. at restaurant es bol nou we had a good paella, restaurant bellamar in talamanca also good paella, amante turned into a even more rip off place, way to expensive for what they offer, i was still hungry when we left, also good was pom thai restaurant which was recomended to us by a nice lady we met at pikes, food was good, big portions and friendly staff, guy at the bar offered me at least 4 hierbas, once we ate at double dragon the chinese on carrer des calo, which was good value.

Great review, thanks for the tip re Amante - we've been avoiding it for a while.

We like Pom Thai!

Great review, thanks for the tip re Amante - we've been avoiding it for a while.

We like Pom Thai!
it's not that i want to diss amante, it may be a good restaurant and the cooks are excellent too, the place on that beach is magical too, it's just that something has changed compared to before, but where is it not like that in ibiza and also in the world. I don't feel comfortable in such restaurants, I don't like being played by staff saying like hello and welcome and how are you today when I enter the restaurant, but that's me, others might like it.

the food was of great quality, i had the amante special, actually croquettes with shrip and a fine sauce, then the sirloin steak.

people hang out at amante whom i don't feel comfortable with, in zurich there are also restaurants where i feel the same, but there are also restaurants where i instantly feel welcome, maybe bc theres a different, more relaxed atmosphere. but that's my feeling, everyone is allowed to be as he/she is.

what i also noticed was that there are groups of dutch people sitting on the lounge sofas and drinking wine, they can't go to the toilet by themselves, someone has to be there at all times.

our booking was for 10:30 p.m. and we came, ate and left the restaurant pretty quickly, even my wife, who has always liked it in amante, didn't like it this time.

11.jpg22.jpg

I don't feel comfortable in such restaurants, I don't like being played by staff saying like hello and welcome and how are you today when I enter the restaurant, but that's me, others might like it.

I agree. I can't stand overly 'attentive' (code: pushy) staff. There's this trend in modern restaurants where they just never leave you alone.

it's not that i want to diss amante, it may be a good restaurant and the cooks are excellent too, the place on that beach is magical too, it's just that something has changed compared to before, but where is it not like that in ibiza and also in the world. I don't feel comfortable in such restaurants, I don't like being played by staff saying like hello and welcome and how are you today when I enter the restaurant, but that's me, others might like it.

the food was of great quality, i had the amante special, actually croquettes with shrip and a fine sauce, then the sirloin steak.

people hang out at amante whom i don't feel comfortable with, in zurich there are also restaurants where i feel the same, but there are also restaurants where i instantly feel welcome, maybe bc theres a different, more relaxed atmosphere. but that's my feeling, everyone is allowed to be as he/she is.

what i also noticed was that there are groups of dutch people sitting on the lounge sofas and drinking wine, they can't go to the toilet by themselves, someone has to be there at all times.

our booking was for 10:30 p.m. and we came, ate and left the restaurant pretty quickly, even my wife, who has always liked it in amante, didn't like it this time.
Bad memories for me this year. Suddenly everything went black and I fell into the flowers. People were helpful.

Back